Allure of the Seas -Great Ship- but some company problems

Mauriceo

I have many problems with complaints about all big companies. I own a small business. If a customer complains we bend over backwards to try and make them happy if we feel it is our mistake causing a problem. If it is not a result of something we did, then we stand firm and tell them it is not our problem.

Big companies really don't car if one individual is not happy! Or if 500 are not happy. Lets face it, Royal carries millions of passengers every year. a couple of hundred thousand saying they will defect has no effect on them. The cabin will still be sold, someone will book the cruise, so they don't worry about it.

Or they give you 20% off your "next cruise in the next 6 months". Great deal if you have the vacay time for it or live close to the port. For people like me, the airfare makes the savings less than what is worth to take another Royal cruise.

Well noted. I have conveyed to my Travel Agent the events at Boarding, and they have promised to pass it on to the RCL Company.

I do not imagine ,nor do I wish for this complaint to be detrimental to RCL- but hope that after all their planning and wish to please they will note that there is room for improvement and do something about it.

I imagine the staff were doing their very best to remake the sea passes and get everybody aboard. It must have been a stressful boarding day for the, too. Pity you did not get an apology, but I am glad your boarding was only delayed by electronic glitches not by an even more serious issue.

seating requests can be made by travel agent upon booking. Also, there is an email address a cruiser can utilize to make seating request a few weeks before a cruise. If you decide to cruise royal Caribbean again, especially with language or social concerns, come back to these forums so we can share advice on getting a table that pleases you. Glad it worked out easily this time.

I'd have to say if the biggest issues were a couple hour boarding delay, a table change request, and toiletries, that sounds like a good trip.

Every issue is valid. Whether mine is to you is irrelevant... How it can be handled- that's the question- what can be done, and what can I expect to be enough? Or should I even worry about it?

Anyway, I digress- the seating thing...

So many people like to talk about requests and whatnot. I've seen them work maybe twice in our +30 cruises. We do most of our reservations directly with RCI, and have a standing request- and rarely is it met.

Based on our experience, we've made it a prioirty when boarding to go directly to our assigned table, and make adjustmets right away.

It frustrated us the first time, but we just learned to deal with it.

We've never sent a note directly to the ship just prior to boarding, so don't know if that suggestion works- it could- but don't know.

Not sure if that helps or not.

I imagine the staff were doing their very best to remake the sea passes and get everybody aboard. It must have been a stressful boarding day for the, too. Pity you did not get an apology, but I am glad your boarding was only delayed by electronic glitches not by an even more serious issue.

seating requests can be made by travel agent upon booking. Also, there is an email address a cruiser can utilize to make seating request a few weeks before a cruise. If you decide to cruise royal Caribbean again, especially with language or social concerns, come back to these forums so we can share advice on getting a table that pleases you. Glad it worked out easily this time.

I'd have to say if the biggest issues were a couple hour boarding delay, a table change request, and toiletries, that sounds like a good trip.

Yes it was a good trip in the end- and I'm sure the boarding delay and faulty Sea Passes were a concern and matter of stress for the staff at the Cruise Terminal- but RCL should have issued some statement about it and recognised that this got things off to a bad start. They didn't offer any explanation or apology. It would have cleared things up and soothed everyone.

Will take your advice about requesting dining room table preferences

Thanks for responding.

Every issue is valid. Whether mine is to you is irrelevant... How it can be handled- that's the question- what can be done, and what can I expect to be enough? Or should I even worry about it?

Anyway, I digress- the seating thing...

So many people like to talk about requests and whatnot. I've seen them work maybe twice in our +30 cruises. We do most of our reservations directly with RCI, and have a standing request- and rarely is it met.

Based on our experience, we've made it a prioirty when boarding to go directly to our assigned table, and make adjustmets right away.

It frustrated us the first time, but we just learned to deal with it.

We've never sent a note directly to the ship just prior to boarding, so don't know if that suggestion works- it could- but don't know.

Not sure if that helps or not.

Thanks for your response. yes it helps.

The dining room assignment was a minor issue.

Will still be loyal to RCL. no problem.

Hope you will read other comments and my responses.

I think that Mauriceo makes some very valid points.

If you read many of the threads currently on the front page and the next couple of pages of this forum, you will see this theme echoed again and again.

Royal Caribbean has major problems "owning" and taking responsibility for problems and errors.

The vast majority of people are happy with a simple apology and explanation. It is being left in the dark (or as posted by bighairtexan YELLED at (:eek:)) that we don't like.

You would think that a large company like RC would have learned a long time ago that simple human courtesy goes a long long long way.

Thanks for your contribution .

You seem to have cruised a lot- and so have the benfit of experience.

I hope someone at RCL will read your mail and bring it up at their next staff/PR meeting

I agree that a cruise line, no matter how many stars it is rated, should at minimum make periodic announcements to keep waiting passengers informed of any issues, problems or delays.

Defecting wouldn't solve the problem. It seems that cruise lines, airlines, etc., all seem to be deficient in this area.

Yes, but some are more deficient then others!

I think the OP has a point, after spending $2500., who wants to be treated poorly?:eek:

Not minimizing your concerns. Yes, an explanation/apology might have gone a long way, but clearly that didn't occur. Stuff happens, and unless the mishap ruined your vacation as a whole, let it go. Write a letter if you must, just don't have any expectations for a response from RC. Pick your battles...this one isn't worth it, IMHO.

I thought the story lost credibility when they said the Windjammer has plenty of room for all. . Clearly they have never been on the ship! ;):p

The OP said that they bring their own toiletries. And commented that toiletries weren't being provided. not sure they had a problem. Just like us on Vision last week. We had our own stuff, but did notice there were no provided toiletries.

And one wonders how on earth a normal person could be expected to know that the room attendants still had them to give out on request? I certainly didn't. I figured they were gone entirely.

And now I've learned that "tannoy" must be another country's name for "PA" system.

What happened to the signs??

IMG_0074_zps69764486.jpg

Sad to hear of your problem. We cruised on Allure back in April and it was the absolute FASTEST of any boarding we've ever had. We never stopped from the minutes we walked into the terminal until we were seated, waiting for 11:30 boarding. Once the go ahead was given, we were on board by about 11:45. Give them another try.

What happened to the signs??

IMG_0074_zps69764486.jpg

I have never (NEVER!) seen that sign. (until this moment ;))

I have not seem that sign either.

I thought toiletries were automatic for suites and are also higher level D+ members. others can ask and might get the toiletries.

Really though, if one is picky about their toiletries, they probably pack their own. OTOH, if one is not at all picky, perhaps soap and shower dispenser shampoo is all one needs....I would not know; I pack my own. I'd use their stuff in a pinch (For example if heaven forbid my luggage was lost).

Edited by Starry Eyes