Different Final Payment Dates

In may we booked onboard for april '17. The confirmation we were emailed says final date is january 2 but looking at our booking online show it as january 17.

I know the final payment date has recently been moved out so don't know which is the actual date. Hesitant to call RCI because....well...don't know if they even know..but will probably have to.

Those 2 weeks would usually not make any difference, we'd just pay before the earliest date and be done with it. But, DH is about to retire and we'll be moving and are not 100% sure we're going on this cruise :( and want to wait till the last minute to decide.

What's everyone's experience with this?

I am curious about this too...

Only time I noticed this was because our TA sends us final payment notice and their date is 2 weeks before he actual Royal Final Payment date. They do this just to insure we don't miss a final payment date.

Looking at your post, it appears you are not using one as you mentioned you would call Royal and ask....

Since you booked after March 2016, you are subject to the new final payment dates, which are farther in advance of the cruise.

If your cruise is less than 5 days, your final payment date is 75 days before the cruise.

If your cruise is 5 days or longer, your final payment date is 90 days before the cruise.

Edited by clarea

We are on the Oct 29th sailing of oasis. Our final payment date was two weeks earlier then others on our roll call. I'm not sure why but everyone did not seem to have the same final payment date, and booking were made directly with RCCL and not using a travel agent. It's the first time I have noticed people having different dates.

I really don't like the fact the TA keeps $$ 15 days before sending to RCCL. I work in finance and know when a charge to my card gets credited to the TA immediately.

There is no real reason for the TA to keep the funds extra 10 days. I understand there may be a processing time or perhaps a charge back on a card, but do not believe it is necessary.

But what are you going to do? The TA gives us good discounts :)

CT

In may we booked onboard for april '17. The confirmation we were emailed says final date is january 2 but looking at our booking online show it as january 17.

I know the final payment date has recently been moved out so don't know which is the actual date. Hesitant to call RCI because....well...don't know if they even know..but will probably have to.

Those 2 weeks would usually not make any difference, we'd just pay before the earliest date and be done with it. But, DH is about to retire and we'll be moving and are not 100% sure we're going on this cruise :( and want to wait till the last minute to decide.

What's everyone's experience with this?

Did you book through a Travel Agent? If so, some of them have a different final payment date than dealing directly with RCCL.

I have not been able to discern why some bookings are 90 days while others still use the old 75 day deadline. Booked Serenade two weeks ago for December and have a 75 day deadline.

Same here, reserved threw Royal last month and this week on Serenade got the 75 days...

If your TA is holding your $$ before sending to the cruise line, then you should change TA's or book directly. I call our TA who in turn calls the cruise line and authorizes them to make the charge to the credit card on file. It is done the day I call her. Her final payment date is a week earlier then the cruise lines.

If you book through a TA, then YES...your final payment is earlier than normal.

While the TAs final payment date might be earlier, it's RCI's deadline that counts. You still get the price drops even if you made final payment, are past TA's final payment date but before RCI's date.

I really don't like the fact the TA keeps $$ 15 days before sending to RCCL. I work in finance and know when a charge to my card gets credited to the TA immediately.

There is no real reason for the TA to keep the funds extra 10 days. I understand there may be a processing time or perhaps a charge back on a card, but do not believe it is necessary.

But what are you going to do? The TA gives us good discounts :)

CT

If your TA is charging you, and then paying RCI themselves you need a new TA, all payments should be made directly to the cruise line using your credit card, irrespective of the date