Guarantee Cabin Assignment Question

sfo-john

I'm not a newbie to Cunard but I was wondering just how long you can go a before sailing date to receive a cabin assignment when you've booked "guarantee". My husband and I have already received ours (weeks ago) but friends that we're traveling with haven't received their assignment yet. We depart on October 18th. I know it'll all work out, but they're first timers and feel strange to be this close and have no cabin or e-ticket nor the ability to print out luggage tags, etc. Plus they're leaving a week ahead of time to go to Spain. Is this a usual situation? Thanks!

I'm not a newbie to Cunard but I was wondering just how long you can go a before sailing date to receive a cabin assignment when you've booked "guarantee". My husband and I have already received ours (weeks ago) but friends that we're traveling with haven't received their assignment yet. We depart on October 18th. I know it'll all work out, but they're first timers and feel strange to be this close and have no cabin or e-ticket nor the ability to print out luggage tags, etc. Plus they're leaving a week ahead of time to go to Spain. Is this a usual situation? Thanks!

They could be given their cabin number when they arrive at the pier or at anytime before.

Any cases received on board with tags for the voyage without a specific cabin number for delivery become placed in a special location, well known to the staff; such that the luggage may be retrieved quickly once people complain that their cases have not arrived.

Regards John

Thanks for the replies. So, can you receive an e-ticket without a cabin assignment?

You sure can, but not only that, you don't even need an e-ticket ( or even to show an e-ticket) One only needs to produce a passport.

Having said that, that is what often happens at Southampton, but I notice at Brooklyn, the security on duty insist you show them your ticket along side your passport, before you can even enter the terminal building, which in some ways is a good thing. ;)

You sure can, but not only that, you don't even need an e-ticket ( or even to show an e-ticket) One only needs to produce a passport.

Having said that, that is what often happens at Southampton, but I notice at Brooklyn, the security on duty insist you show them your ticket along side your passport, before you can even enter the terminal building, which in some ways is a good thing. ;)

They do now ask you to show your e-ticket at Southampton. This has been the case for the last couple of years. They even asked us twice this year. Once when we arrived at the terminal to prove that we are platinum or whatever and then again at the check-in desk with your passport.

Just back from QM2 and had to hand E.ticket in as well as passport ect. I notice that a lady was going along behind the checkers in and collecting the e.ticket and put them in a large box. So yes you do need an e.ticket at Southampton.

They do now ask you to show your e-ticket at Southampton. This has been the case for the last couple of years. They even asked us twice this year. Once when we arrived at the terminal to prove that we are platinum or whatever and then again at the check-in desk with your passport.

Ok , but they certainly didn't ask me in July of this year and also on the 1st September the other week ( both at the Ocean Terminal) the check-in agent didn't bother to even look at it, she left it on the top of the counter and just scanned my passport.

Never been asked to prove my loyalty status :confused:

Just back from QM2 and had to hand E.ticket in as well as passport ect. I notice that a lady was going along behind the checkers in and collecting the e.ticket and put them in a large box. So yes you do need an e.ticket at Southampton.

Must have missed mine then ( QM2 September 1st) Just looked and it's still in my travel wallet . :D

Well, my friends received their cabin assignment the other day. No upgrade but at least they know where they'll be now and won't have to worry about luggage tags and all that stuff that doesn't really turn out to be much of a problem once you're sailing away with a glass of champagne in hand! Counting the days and thanks for the replies. I guess we will print out an e-ticket, just to be safe.

• 2 weeks later...
Ok , but they certainly didn't ask me in July of this year and also on the 1st September the other week ( both at the Ocean Terminal) the check-in agent didn't bother to even look at it, she left it on the top of the counter and just scanned my passport.

Never been asked to prove my loyalty status :confused:

I just got off the QE 30th September-7th October cruise and was again asked to show my e-ticket by the women who greet you - this time at the Mayflower Terminal. Last time was at the Ocean Terminal in July. And again both times at check-in.

I have a cruise on QV this Saturday Oct 15th from Rome and we still do not have our cabin assignment. Our family traveling with us have a cabin assignment and I booked both cabins together at the same time as P2 Guar. So I called Cunard and was told you do not need e tickets just a passport. The agent assured me that shore staff will have a manifest with our cabin assignments.

Is Cunard waiting longer to assign cabins????? In 25+ cruises we have never waited this long before for an assignment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by gentlemancruiser

I have a cruise on QV this Saturday Oct 15th from Rome and we still do not have our cabin assignment. Our family traveling with us have a cabin assignment and I booked both cabins together at the same time as P2 Guar. So I called Cunard and was told you do not need e tickets just a passport. The agent assured me that shore staff will have a manifest with our cabin assignments.

Is Cunard waiting longer to assign cabins????? In 25+ cruises we have never waited this long before for an assignment.

We always have a guarantee and we got our allocation this week four weeks in advance........it is the longest time we have had to wait for sure, even though it's still plenty of notice

Edited by Alibobs

We're on this exact same cruise too - booked the cruise as a last minute deal only 4 weeks prior to sailing date with a guaranteed oceanview.

Two weeks later (i.e. exactly 14 days prior to sailing date), I got our assignment.

We're on this exact same cruise too - booked the cruise as a last minute deal only 4 weeks prior to sailing date with a guaranteed oceanview.

Two weeks later (i.e. exactly 14 days prior to sailing date), I got our assignment.

TeDaki

Thank you so much for sharing this information. I still cannot believe we have not received a cabin assignment. Both PG and QG were sold out over 60 days ago. The cruise sold out weeks ago. For 3 days I've tired emailing and calling Cunard. Below is the response from Cunard.

Bruce

Good morning

Thank you for your email.

I can confirm your case has been logged on our case management system for investigation. Please note that dependant on the level of investigation required it may take up to 28 days to respond.

In the meantime, please accept this email as your acknowledgement and we would like to thank you for your continued patience.

Kind regards

Guest Relations

Cunard Line

As I write, the website only shows Princess and Queens Grill as sold out, if its any help, we booked the 'last' P2 in May for our cruise last week. Since then they have popped up from time to time, and one was available a couple of days before sailing date. Many suggested we might get an upgrade, but it was not to be. Now having experienced the fantastic Princess Grill, when we go again, we won't be ticking the 'upgrade' box! Good Luck

As I write, the website only shows Princess and Queens Grill as sold out, if its any help, we booked the 'last' P2 in May for our cruise last week. Since then they have popped up from time to time, and one was available a couple of days before sailing date. Many suggested we might get an upgrade, but it was not to be. Now having experienced the fantastic Princess Grill, when we go again, we won't be ticking the 'upgrade' box! Good Luck

Adammara

Which site are you looking at, just curious? Our voyage V616c has been removed from the US site for bookings for almost 4 weeks now. The Grills haven't had availability since early September.

Cunard is now telling us we will only get an assignment when we are at the pier on Saturday????? It sounds very strange.

Bruce