Rhapsody 2015 Relocation

Good pick up. Rhapsody has shown up in Buenos Aires port calendar around that time though. I can't imagine RCI sending the ship to Europe just to bring her back in the same year. Surely they wouldn't send one Vision class half way round the world and the replace it with another ship the same size. Channel dredging for Radiance perhaps?

Posted in wrong thread... Sorry.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by geoff2802

Rhapsody is going to Europe and also when Radiance leaves they will be replaced by two Voyager class ships, one of which is already not too far away.

Voyager of the Seas staying at least in the short term. Interesting.

Rhapsody is going to Europe and also when Radiance leaves they will be replaced by two Voyager class ships, one of which is already not too far away.

Voyager of the Seas staying at least in the short term. Interesting.

What source of information says that Rhapsody will be replaced with a Voyager class? RCI have said they want to bring bigger ships to Australia, but as a replacement for Rhapsody, that could mean either Radiance class, Voyager class or Freedom class. ;)

Who says Radiance is leaving? Or did you mean when she is *eventually* replaced?

Lots of speculation on this over on the redeployment thread. :)

Just the information I was given when I asked the question while dining at the Captain's Table. Capt. Charles was not the source of the information as he did not want to give much away as apparently RCI are well aware of Cruise Critic. It was said that Radiance was going to be redeployed but no date given. Can only assume this info is correct as it came from a very high source directly but only adds a different twist to the speculation. I guess we all will wait and see but personally I think moving Radiance would be a mistake as the others are very big and busy ships.

Just the information I was given when I asked the question while dining at the Captain's Table. Capt. Charles was not the source of the information as he did not want to give much away as apparently RCI are well aware of Cruise Critic. It was said that Radiance was going to be redeployed but no date given. Can only assume this info is correct as it came from a very high source directly but only adds a different twist to the speculation. I guess we all will wait and see but personally I think moving Radiance would be a mistake as the others are very big and busy ships.

Thanks for the info megsie.

re: Moving Radiance - agreed. :D

Megsie, we were given similar information at Captains Table (on the Rhapsody) but I was told by another Officer (on the Radiance) that when the Radiance leaves our shores in April 2015 he had heard it won't be coming back. He was hoping that was wrong and so do I.

Only time will put our rumours to bed:)

Cheers

Di

PS I sat next to Captain Charles at the table and he has really nice eyes:D:eek: Really nice. Can I say that? Lol

Edited by Dizziedi

What source of information says that Rhapsody will be replaced with a Voyager class? RCI have said they want to bring bigger ships to Australia, but as a replacement for Rhapsody, that could mean either Radiance class, Voyager class or Freedom class. ;)

Who says Radiance is leaving? Or did you mean when she is *eventually* replaced?

Lots of speculation on this over on the redeployment thread. :)

It's not confirmed but the signals are that the Voyager class is being geared up for it, with the renovation changes, plus the newbuilds coming on line.

• 2 weeks later...
It's not confirmed but the signals are that the Voyager class is being geared up for it, with the renovation changes, plus the newbuilds coming on line.

And the latest scuttlebutt confirms that. The report is that Explorer will be the replacement.

Rhapsody of the Seas now appears in Buenos Aires cruise ship visits for 2015/16 season.

http://www.puertobuenosaires.gov.ar/moduloGRAL.php?p=temppostprox

If you look in the pop down menu for the vessel column for Marina Bay Cruise Terminal in Singapore the Explorer of the Seas is the only Royal Caribbean Ship that has not been to Singapore.

So it would appear Explorer of the Seas is bound to visit Singapore.

http://mbccs.com.sg/

Rhapsody is still listed for Sydney OPT into 2016 as well so all just probably a RCCL smoke screen to keep us guessing! :D

And the latest scuttlebutt confirms that. The report is that Explorer will be the replacement.

We were on Rhapsody in Nov and the Explorer was the ship being bandied about by staff as Rhapsody's replacement.Robin:)

Rhapsody is still listed for Sydney OPT into 2016 as well so all just probably a RCCL smoke screen to keep us guessing! :D

The bookings were made a while ago to allow for her to have certainty - better safe than sorry.

Now we know she's going but there's no sense cancelling those bookings until the replacement is determined. There's no benefit to do so, and it lets them keep the same itineraries if suitable.

• 3 weeks later...

I found a cruise forum website which said after the Mediterranean summer season in Nov 2014 Rhapsody will do a Transatlantic heading for South American where she will cruise the summer 2015-2016 season.

I would suppose that while Rhapsody is listed as being booked in to certain cruise terminals in Australia even up to 2016, RCC would want to keep those terminals booked and change it over to whatever ship they decide to send downunder.

Regards

Chris

I found a cruise forum website which said after the Mediterranean summer season in Nov 2014 Rhapsody will do a Transatlantic heading for South American where she will cruise the summer 2015-2016 season.

I would suppose that while Rhapsody is listed as being booked in to certain cruise terminals in Australia even up to 2016, RCC would want to keep those terminals booked and change it over to whatever ship they decide to send downunder.

Regards

Chris

Fully agree Chris about the ports

interesting on the Summer

will try and find out from loyalty in a few weeks if anything is on cards there, as they are only talking about the med and black sea for her at present

cheers

Greg

Rhapsody is relocating to do the med and specifically the black sea

they just released bookings two days ago

plus we are looking at either explorer or mariner as her replacement

the bookings for opt will just transfer to the replacement ship

Greg:)

I tried to find the bookings that opened when you mentioned and couldn't. Am I doing something wrong?

Edit: do you mean the off aussie season ones?

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Forums mobile app

Edited by jennyau

I'm looking forward to seeing what will happen with the Rhapsody, particularly seeing I'm booked on it for February 2015 and the Rhapsody has a very different floor plan in comparison to other ships in the same class... Hope my cabin still exists if they do change!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by Yillup

I'm looking forward to seeing what will happen with the Rhapsody, particularly seeing I'm booked on it for February 2015 and the Rhapsody has a very different floor plan in comparison to other ships in the same class... Hope my cabin still exists if they do change!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Can't see them changing the plan again, given she's leaving here in April 2015. I'd expect Feb to be pretty safe.

Can't see them changing the plan again, given she's leaving here in April 2015. I'd expect Feb to be pretty safe.

I hope you're right. I'm on her in February 2015 as well.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Forums mobile app

As a TA, our RCI rep did hint that the new ship to Aus would be bigger than Voyager Class.

By the sounds of it, fingers crossed for Freedom class.

The official announcement was due a week ago, hopefully we should receive confirmation within the fortnight :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Based on the press releases on RCI's website … the only freedom class ship that isn't mentioned is Liberty of the Seas ….

http://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/press-releases/

Liberty's currently scheduled in the Caribbean 'til April 2015.

It's possible that could be changed, but wouldn't have thought likely, unless it's after then.