Bottled water

sideways2

If cruising NCL, no beverages of any kind allowed. DCL has tightened down in recent years too. Have seen one passenger try to bring 4 cases of water for a one week cruise. I wondered if they were going to ice it down and sell it by the pool!

Or refill the pool lol

Thanks, everyone!

If you bring your own bottled water onto the ship, do you bring your own bottle of water to the MDR, or just purchase a bottle of water from your waiter?

We just take one bottle on cruises and simply fill it from the tap :). Can't beat the price and the ship's water is fine. Its hard to understand how we have survived over 1000 days on cruise ships by drinking tap water. Lately on Celebrity we have the Premium Drink package...so we simple put up with gulping Pellegrino. But even if you have the Classic drink package you can get plain bottled water.

Hank

We used to take water and pop in our carry on luggage. We now drink the water, the water they deliver to your room is safe.

The water from the tap is 50% from port and 50% from reverse osmosis sea water according to Silhouette's captain. It actually taste pretty much like any water from a reverse osmosis filter system.

Going on Celebrity for the first time, but being very familiar with Royal Caribbean, the only thing I will say about the water from the faucet in the cabin is that it's warm...as in room temp. We always request a bucket of ice daily and put a few ice cubes in it and it's fine.

If you bring your own bottled water onto the ship, do you bring your own bottle of water to the MDR, or just purchase a bottle of water from your waiter?

Corkage fee of $US25 for taking ones own drinks to a dining room. They serve iced water in the MDR which is fine. We normally have bottled water in the MDR simply because we are on a package and we can

You have to love the bottled water thing...especially if you are the company bottling the stuff (such as Nestle). Folks will pay $2 or more for simply no name bottled water which works out over $10 a gallon! Of course the value of that water is only a few pennies. But marketing has created a lot of folks who simply think they must have their water in a bottle. Wish I had thought of the idea 20 years ago.

Hank

Corkage fee of $US25 for taking ones own drinks to a dining room. They serve iced water in the MDR which is fine. We normally have bottled water in the MDR simply because we are on a package and we can

We are planning to buy the classic non-alcoholic package for my DH, so that he can drink only bottled water on the ship. Ship water does not agree with him, although I can drink it with no problem. (At home, we both drink tap water with no problem.)

We are planning to buy the classic non-alcoholic package for my DH, so that he can drink only bottled water on the ship. Ship water does not agree with him, although I can drink it with no problem. (At home, we both drink tap water with no problem.)

I find it interesting that ship borne water disagrees with some people. It is more pure than one could ever get at home.

Whoever wrote that there is a corkage fee for bringing your own BOTTLED WATER to the dining room was pulling your leg.

There is a corkage charge for bringing wine to the MDR but not for bringing water.

That being said, just as you are not likely to bring your own bottle of water to a restaurant, it would be considered a bit odd to bring in a bottle of water you brought from home.

I find it interesting that ship borne water disagrees with some people. It is more pure than one could ever get at home.

I was thinking the same thing. Very pure water. I have heard people blame water weight gain on salty ship water.. but it is the very salty food which is too blame