Is SHARE going to be on the Regal?

Jetswdo

Just wondering-- months ago I was given the impression that Share was going to replace Sabattini's on all the ships. We will be on New England cruise on the Royal, and would love to try it, as we have an included specialty restaurant-

if not I will use it on Crown Grille (not crazy about Sabattini's)

This is on the Princess website about adding SHARE which previously said also on the Coral but was canceled:

"Available on select ships only, Chef Stone's specialty restaurant will debut in December 2015 aboard Emerald Princess, sailing from Ft. Lauderdale to the Caribbean, and Ruby Princess, sailing from Los Angeles to Hawaii and Mexico".

I have not read about anyone getting a free specialty dinner at SHARE...it's doubtful to me if they would give a free $39/pp dinner at SHARE and instead it would be a $25/pp meal at the Crown Grill or Sabatini's on the Royal.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Even though some people claim the concept has been wildly popular and is bringing in young, hip new passengers by the boatload (:)), the four ships that were to receive this thing have been reduced to three. It was decided (for some reason) not to put it on the Coral as planned. I doubt that they will give free dinners since the place is packed every night (according to the CSCS) and they are making money hand over fist. I'm thinking the Regal is safe.

Thanks, Shredie, for the good humor:). By the boatload! :)

There have been a couple of postings saying that Share on the Emerald is empty, totally or almost so, each night.

I am looking forward to future dinners at Sabatini's on the Regal and the Grand:)

Try the espresso creme brulet for dessert:)

Even though some people claim the concept has been wildly popular and is bringing in young, hip new passengers by the boatload (:)), the four ships that were to receive this thing have been reduced to three. It was decided (for some reason) not to put it on the Coral as planned. I doubt that they will give free dinners since the place is packed every night (according to the CSCS) and they are making money hand over fist. I'm thinking the Regal is safe.

I hope so.

You mentioned both Royal and Regal in your post, so I'm not sure which you're referring to. Last October, the Maitre D' on the Royal told me that Share would be added to both the Royal and Regal. He actually said all ships and that many would be getting it during drydock. Now, though, they may be rethinking the plans as it doesn't seem to be working as well as expected. So, my guess is that we're going to have to wait and see.

Maybe if they dimmed the lights a bit and actually made it look like an upscale, intimate restaurant they would get more people to come in. The food was delicious, but the bright lights make it feel more like a cafeteria than a restaurant. So sad because it is such an easy thing to fix. On our cruise on the Emerald, the host was practically begging people to come eat there. Multiple people complained about the brightness of the lights and he said it could not be changed. Very strange...

Don't care what the reason is for the Coral, that makes me happy.

Now that the Real is safe, that makes me happy also.:):)

I guess they are making so much money, that they don't need to add Share to more ships. :eek::eek: You are a hoot.

We also complained about how very BRIGHT it was and were told it could not be changed.

Sadly, we had been looking forward to having dinner at SHARE because the menu looked good to us but we were not happy that the food was served lukewarm. Our waiter told us it was the temperature at which the chef thought it should be eaten. :rolleyes:

The night we were there it was almost empty ... only three other tables in use.

While going to Adagio Bar a few other nights, we looked into SHARE and it was always basically empty.

We were on Emerald for 19 days and had planned to go to SHARE at least twice. We only went once and no plans for ever going back ... even if free. :(

Hopefully, Regal will not get SHARE.

Edited by OCruisers

I was on the Coral for New Year's Cruise. I asked whether SHARE was going to be on all the ships. Was told, yes the plan was for that new restaurant to replace Sabatinis on all the ships. I was looking forward to trying it on the Regal. I was also told that any voucher for a specialty restaurant can be changed to the restaurant of your choice if you don't like the one that Princess assigned. I did this on the Coral already--

I am just as happy to use the included voucher on our booking on the Regal, at the Crown Grille---

Anyway, am I now to understand that SHARE will be limited to the few ships mentioned above-- simiar to The Salty Dog?

Too bad, as I would have liked to have tried out that restaurant on the Regal should it have been available.

We are also very happy they did not put Share on the Coral.:D:D we will be sailing on her for 4 cruises later this year. And will be on the Regal for 30+ days over the holidays. Were on the Emerald for 4 cruises over the holidays, last, and got to see Share, would need dark glasses to spend any time in there. Only heard one good report from people on our cruises. And that was from the Captain, at the MTP luncheon, he had his family on board and they ate there. But of the regular passengers we talked to, they all gave it a thumbs down.

Hope they stop thinking about expanding to all the ships.

We are also very happy they did not put Share on the Coral.:D:D we will be sailing on her for 4 cruises later this year. And will be on the Regal for 30+ days over the holidays. Were on the Emerald for 4 cruises over the holidays, last, and got to see Share, would need dark glasses to spend any time in there. Only heard one good report from people on our cruises. And that was from the Captain, at the MTP luncheon, he had his family on board and they ate there. But of the regular passengers we talked to, they all gave it a thumbs down.

Hope they stop thinking about expanding to all the ships.

Thanks for posting your experiences Phyllis...say hello to Jim! :)

Edited by Astro Flyer

Thanks for posting your experiences Phyllis...say hello to Jim! :)

Will do Frank., just did.

We were exceptionally disappointed as the Christmas/New Years cruise was our 75th cruise. We had been looking forward to Breakfast in Sabatini's. Breakfast was in the Crown Grill, did not make any vibes for us, so we just skipped it.

Say hi to Helena.

Phyljim, so suite guests now have breakfast in the crown Grill? You didn't think the service or choice of food was any good? I would think a specialty restaurant would provide great meals regardless if it's breakfast, Lunch, or dinner. Thanks for your comments

Phyljim, so suite guests now have breakfast in the crown Grill? You didn't think the service or choice of food was any good? I would think a specialty restaurant would provide great meals regardless if it's breakfast, Lunch, or dinner. Thanks for your comments

Suite breakfast is in the Crown Grill where SHARE has replaced Sabitini's.

We were supposed to be on that same cruise as PHYJIM last Dec in a suite but had to cancel. We are now booked on the Regal in 2 weeks and looking forward to traditional Sabitini's suite breakfast.

My April cruise on the Emerald should be interesting but we will try breakfast in the CG and see what happens.

This is on the Princess website about adding SHARE which previously said also on the Coral but was canceled:

"Available on select ships only, Chef Stone's specialty restaurant will debut in December 2015 aboard Emerald Princess, sailing from Ft. Lauderdale to the Caribbean, and Ruby Princess, sailing from Los Angeles to Hawaii and Mexico".

I have not read about anyone getting a free specialty dinner at SHARE...it's doubtful to me if they would give a free $39/pp dinner at SHARE and instead it would be a $25/pp meal at the Crown Grill or Sabatini's on the Royal.

We recently booked the Star Princess to Hawaii and are rejoicing that Sabatini's is remaining for the time being. We enjoy our suite breakfasts so much!

Just Mike

Sadly, we had been looking forward to having dinner at SHARE because the menu looked good to us but we were not happy that the food was served lukewarm. Our waiter told us it was the temperature at which the chef thought it should be eaten. :rolleyes:

We were on Emerald for 19 days and had planned to go to SHARE at least twice. We only went once and no plans for ever going back ... even if free. :(

Hopefully, Regal will not get SHARE.

That's a strange comment for a waiter. Both times I ate in SHARE on Emerald the wait staff (both ladies) made it clear for me to tell them if I didn't like something and they would bring something different instead. I was also cautioned to be careful as the dishes (and food) were hot.

In your seat, I would have responded politely, "Well Mr. Stone may enjoy it lukewarm, but I really enjoy my food piping hot. Could you please have them heat it up or prepare another that arrives to me hot, the way I like?"

I sail on Emerald again Monday, and I will share your experience. To me that was a bogus comment, made just to cover the problem of not delivering your food right away when it was hot.

• 5 months later...

We went to SHARE on the Ruby in February, and it was delicious. I'm 24 and my husband is 27, so we're considered to be apart of the very young cruise crowd. We LOVED SHARE! The food was truly delicious, artfully prepared and crafted. We're on the Regal in 2018, so I'd love to enjoy SHARE again :)

Interesting to review these comments. Im yet to sample the speciality restaurants on princess. From my research so far the dishes @ sabatinis (like the mdr) look very kitch. Im half expecting a mdr experience in a smaller setting. In my opinion the food in the mdr is delicious just a very old school way of serving it up. Share however looks far more appealing.

Celebrity have better presentation and enjoyed the speciality offerings (except the asian offering, since it was american asian)

Looking forward to sampling share on sun and sabatinis on diamond :)