Is this enough time between flights

NewCruiserMPC

We are traveling to Barcelona from Los Angeles.

Our flight has a 2 hour 45 minute stop in Stockholm.

Will this be enough time? What should we expect? Its our firs time traveling to Europe. After reading some of the posts here, I'm terrified we will miss the plane to our final destination.

Will this be enough time? What should we expect? Its our firs time traveling to Europe. After reading some of the posts here, I'm terrified we will miss the plane to our final destination.

Unless there is a serious delay, you should be fine. And even if you miss the plane, there is no reason to be "terrified." People miss planes all the time, they get re-booked, they eventually get where they're going and life goes on. Look at your airline's flight schedules, or those of their partner airlines, and have an idea of an alternate itinerary you could request to be rebooked on. (That's always better than waiting to see what random alternate flight the airline books you on, IMO.)

Of course, all of this "don't worry you'll be fine" attitude of mine is predicated on the assumption that you are not flying in the same day you are supposed to depart on a cruise out of Barcelona. You're not planning a transatlantic flight for arrival on the day of cruise departure, are you? :eek:

Should be pretty easy. I cleared Schengen immigration once in Stockholm (Schengen is the agreement that makes most of western Europe all one immigration system), during the morning rush, and it took me about 5 minutes from entering the line to getting my passport stamped. Of course, you'll also have to clear security (I did not in this case, so not sure how long it takes), but unless your inbound flight is very delayed, you shouldn't have issue.

OP is flying in the day before on Norwegian.
The connection at Stockholm airport won't be a problem.

If there's a weaker part of the plan, it's the Los Angeles to Stockholm flight. The risk (such as it is) is mostly in that bit, but there's little chance of stuff going wrong even there. Once the OP's got as far as Stockholm, it will all be plain sailing from there because there are so many options.

OP is flying in the day before on Norwegian.

This is correct! Flying in the day before with Norwegian. I know they have a bad reputation for flight delyas. Crossing my fingers our flight isnt one of them.

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. Will def have other connecting flights jotted down, just in case we miss our plane to Barcelona.

Since it is not London you should be ok.

Can I just ask why this carrier/route ? From the west coast we connected through ATL to BCN for our med cruise....Just curious.

If both flights are on the same ticket you will be fine. If on 2 tickets, you will have to pick up luggage and checkin again, then it is a different story.

Can I just ask why this carrier/route ? From the west coast we connected through ATL to BCN for our med cruise....Just curious.

This is our first europe trip. We went with this flight because it was the cheapest available. Would be nice to have a direct flight in, but we honestly couldnt afford the additional expense. Now, if we win the PowerBall tomorrow night, I'll definately be upgrading. Private plane maybe? :D