Any Jewel Dry Dock Updates??

Disapointing dry dock then. Compared to the sister ships she doesnt offer much. :(

Park Cafe is especially missed on embarkation lunch. Unless they change the offerings at the Solarium Cafe, it's pretty much Windjammer only.

How can you say that when you've never sailed on the Jewel? She offers plenty that her sisters don't, namely gorgeous views of the sea from nearly every viewpoint on the ship. The Radiance class of ship is very special. Please don't be disappointed in advance of your cruise!

Just looking at deck plans and lists of what the various ships offering. And again, this is my view. Im not saying she`s not offering anything and, Im so looking forward to my cruise, i have no doubt its gonna be awesome. I just expected more comperad to how the sister ships was upgraded. :)

Just looking at deck plans and lists of what the various ships offering. And again, this is my view. Im not saying she`s not offering anything and, Im so looking forward to my cruise, i have no doubt its gonna be awesome. I just expected more comperad to how the sister ships was upgraded. :)

To be fair, for several months now, the upgrades that Jewel did receive were advertised on the website and in press releases. Nothing more was ever listed.

To be fair, for several months now, the upgrades that Jewel did receive were advertised on the website and in press releases. Nothing more was ever listed.

partly true. The UK website still state it got Sabor and ofcourse I have been affected by roumers on this forum and various others aswell. The press release was ofcourse correct

How can you say that when you've never sailed on the Jewel? She offers plenty that her sisters don't, namely gorgeous views of the sea from nearly every viewpoint on the ship. The Radiance class of ship is very special. Please don't be disappointed in advance of your cruise!

How are the views on Jewel superior to Radiance, Brilliance and Serenaded? Those are her sisters

How are the views on Jewel superior to Radiance, Brilliance and Serenaded? Those are her sisters

I was thinking of her sisters in the Royal Caribbean fleet as a whole. Though I do suppose your terminology would be more correct. The other classes like Vision, Oasis, etc. might be called kissing cousins, rather than her sisters?

Speaking of expansive ocean views though, I did miss that on Oasis last month. My husband and I kept gravitating toward the deck area in the aft behind the water show pool. We spent hours there reading and looking at the wake. For as much as I love Central Park, I want to look at the sea more. The Radiance class delivers the sea views in spades.

So am I reading right that there's no pub? I thought I had read somewhere that that was part of the refurbishment.

Have the cabins been completely refurnished/refurbished? We sail later this week and I usually bring Lysol spray....but if its a virtually new cabin I might skip it. We'd love to know. Thanks soo much

I seriously doubt that the staterooms have been completely redone. I expect that they replaced draperies, carpeting, and furniture as needed, and probably fixed up the bathrooms.

I seriously doubt that the staterooms have been completely redone. I expect that they replaced draperies, carpeting, and furniture as needed, and probably fixed up the bathrooms.

Agree.....Stateroom updates are usually cosmetic with new soft goods. Looking forward to seeing what they've done.......we board on Thursday. :)

The presence of a Park Cafe on a ship is a big deal for me - it means I can use if for breakfast and lunch and completely avoid the Windjammer (which I hate). I'll be spending a lot of days on Jewel next year so really disappointed about this :(

Edited by Bobal

The presence of a Park Cafe on a ship is a big deal for me - it means I can use if for breakfast and lunch and completely avoid the Windjammer (which I hate). I'll be spending a lot of days on Jewel next year so really disappointed about this :(

I feel the same way, especially looking forward to those quiet, peaceful breakfasts in the Solarium on the TA.

Joymouse, what dates for that November cruise? I thought maybe these are the ones that were put in the space that was the small part of the dining room that was used for the diamond breakfast. I was on the jewel for two weeks in march. I might be interested in checking out the prices for those.

Edited by davelliott

I was checking prices on my November Southern Caribbean cruise, and 3 studio cabins popped up on deck 4 near Guest Services. I don't remember them being there earlier.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pretty sure they've been there for a while. Laura's friend has one on the Greek Isles cruise right before the fall TA

Joymouse, what dates for that November cruise? I thought maybe these are the ones that were put in the space that was the small part of the dining room that was used for the diamond breakfast. I was on the jewel for two weeks in march. I might be interested in checking out the prices for those.

November 27. Yes, they are the ones by the dining room 4583-4587. All three are showing available for a moderate price.

They must have been booked when I looked before for this cruise and the May Pacific Coastal last year. I'm happy with the cabin I have, but it's nice to know they are there for longer, more expensive itineraries.

I feel the same way, especially looking forward to those quiet, peaceful breakfasts in the Solarium on the TA.

I am relieved that there's not going to be a Park Cafe on Jewel. They're a living hell for the unfortunate people in the cabins below. We were on Rhapsody in a Junior Suite below the Park Cafe and every morning before 5 am we were awakened by breakfast preparation. Carts rolling, cabinets opening and closing, bowls dropping...you name it, we heard it. It was a racket. Like being under a bowling alley. We complained at Guest Services about it and they asked the kitchen to try to be quiet and that worked for about two days and then it was back to normal. It wasn't the kitchen's fault--they had to get breakfast out and a busy kitchen is a noisy one. Nature of the beast. We were lucky enough to get moved to another cabin not under the Cafe but I felt sorry for those who had to endure the noise.

The Park Cafe is great for breakfast, sure, but lousy for those underneath it. I'm glad they put in a pizzeria. At least people on deck ten will be able to sleep in the mornings.