Live from the Dawn

Smellytoes

We are having a great cruise so far. Service is a little slow and there are no bar servers around the pool but that doesn't bother me.

They actually closed the pool today because of rough seas. It doesn't seem that rough to me but there were a ton of kids in the pool and someone may have been hurt so NCL erred on the safe side.

We still have the old menus which are new to me and all the food has been excellent.

I can't wait for my Horseshoe Bay fix tomorrow. I need it.

We are having a great cruise so far. Service is a little slow and there are no bar servers around the pool but that doesn't bother me.

They actually closed the pool today because of rough seas. It doesn't seem that rough to me but there were a ton of kids in the pool and someone may have been hurt so NCL erred on the safe side.

We still have the old menus which are new to me and all the food has been excellent.

I can't wait for my Horseshoe Bay fix tomorrow. I need it.

Can't wait to hear more. Thanks for posting and have a great cruise!

Last night I was standing on my deck 8 balcony when a wave hit the ship and I got sprayed.lol Needless to say I got off the balcony,

Had dinner in Le Bistro last night. We walked up without reservations around 6:30 and were seated right away. We used the two platinum certificates for 4 people and one couldn't make it due to seasickness. They let my husband order an extra charge item for no extra charge instead.

The beef tenderloin and the lamb chops were amazing. The only issue was it was so dark in there I had to take the menu outside to see it.

I'm off to the Blue Lagoon for lunch then Horseshoe Bay, my happy place!

Last night I was standing on my deck 8 balcony when a wave hit the ship and I got sprayed.lol Needless to say I got off the balcony,

Had dinner in Le Bistro last night. We walked up without reservations around 6:30 and were seated right away. We used the two platinum certificates for 4 people and one couldn't make it due to seasickness. They let my husband order an extra charge item for no extra charge instead.

The beef tenderloin and the lamb chops were amazing. The only issue was it was so dark in there I had to take the menu outside to see it.

I'm off to the Blue Lagoon for lunch then Horseshoe Bay, my happy place!

We just got off the Dawn on Friday, as you got on. I just laughed when I read about Le Bistro and seeing the menus. We ate there the other night and I needed my husband to read the whole menu to me. Without my reading glasses and since it was dark in there, I couldn't see a thing. We had a great dinner there though - I had the Beef tenderloin also and it was so good. Enjoy your cruise!!

We just got word that we won't be leaving until Wed. No one here knows why. I'm just curious. I'd be perfectly happy if they told me I could never leave.

Wow! I would feel the same way if they told me that too. Hope all is well and that you are enjoying the Dawn and Bermuda.

We just got word that we won't be leaving until Wed. No one here knows why. I'm just curious. I'd be perfectly happy if they told me I could never leave.

Last week I kept joking that I hoped we had to stay! Wonder if it's mechanical - haven't heard anything that it would be weather but maybe?? Enjoy your extra time there. I loved our two Sea Days home - but an extra day in Bermuda sounds nice also. Hopefully it isn't anything serious that's keeping you there!

smellytoes, who is the captain right now? Do you know any of the other officers on board? Did you have a Cruise Critic Meet & Greet? If so, did they say they would arrange a bridge tour later in the week? Inquiring minds want to know!!

Thanks in advance for any information you can give me.

smellytoes' date=' who is the captain right now? Do you know any of the other officers on board? Did you have a Cruise Critic Meet & Greet? If so, did they say they would arrange a bridge tour later in the week? Inquiring minds want to know!!

Thanks in advance for any information you can give me.[/quote']

The Captain on board The Dawn today, is leaving Friday on his vacation.

The Captain on board The Dawn today, is leaving Friday on his vacation.

My husband and I are boarding the Dawn this Friday. I was worried when I read that the ship was leaving Bermuda a day later, that our boarding may be delayed as well. If the Captain goes on vacation Friday, I think it is a safe bet that he will be back in Boston on Friday :D

Celebrity Summit arrives in Bermuda each Wednesday and is expected to be at the Naval Dockyard in 9 hours. So it will be interesting to see when the Dawn leaves. Maybe Celebrity will have to tender until she can dock in Dawn's spot.

We left Bermuda at 6:00am and passed the Breakaway with the sun rising beside her. What a gorgeous picture if I only had a camera handy.

We will be arriving back in Boston on time and any mechanical issues have been fixed.

I must say the food has been very good this cruise. We are having a blast.

Thanks for the update, also read the same on the other post - what's that satellite internet speed on the ship, using what's offered onboard or going thru cellular provider's plan (which still has to be relayed by the same towers on the Dawn !!) - comments on latency & speed, for the benefits & interests of those sailing soon and for the curious minds here on CC.

Posting from iOS (iPad/iPhone) or Androids (tablets/smartphones) or from laptop/netbook ?? A few years back, it was a PITA to get onto ultra slow satellite intranet - nowadays, much better & faster (still pricey ... but, when we got OBC & for those with the "freebies" - not feeling as badly in the wallet :rolleyes:)

How fast is the Dawn this morning once it's out of the reef & shallow water and into the deeper Atlantic heading home ?? Still, plenty of time to get back - enjoy your 2 sea days.

Well I'm home and almost already unpacked. We got off the ship around 9:30 and we walked in the front door before 10:00 and that includes time for searching for lost luggage. The colors of the luggage tags are difficult to tell apart. The yellow tags look just like the orange tags and the lime tags:confused: One piece of luggage with yellow tags was sitting with the orange tags.

One thing I want to mention is our experience with two platinum lattitudes members in one cabin. We each got dinner for two with a bottle of wine at Le Bistro or LaCucina.

We got two bottles of sparkling wine, two plates of chocolate covered strawberries and two boxes of chocolates. (technically, I didn't get any, DH got two of everything)

We also had the concierge's number and a letter telling us that we had the concierge's service.

Overall the cruise was very good. The food was good, the weather was perfect and we got an extra day in Bermuda.

There does seem to be a decrease in staff. Very often there would only be one bartender working by himself in the pool bar, Java cafe and Pearly king's. It made getting bar service almost painful. Yesterday they did add bar servers on the pool deck.

Well I'm home and almost already unpacked. We got off the ship around 9:30 and we walked in the front door before 10:00 and that includes time for searching for lost luggage. The colors of the luggage tags are difficult to tell apart. The yellow tags look just like the orange tags and the lime tags:confused: One piece of luggage with yellow tags was sitting with the orange tags.

One thing I want to mention is our experience with two platinum lattitudes members in one cabin. We each got dinner for two with a bottle of wine at Le Bistro or LaCucina.

We got two bottles of sparkling wine, two plates of chocolate covered strawberries and two boxes of chocolates. (technically, I didn't get any, DH got two of everything)

We also had the concierge's number and a letter telling us that we had the concierge's service.

Overall the cruise was very good. The food was good, the weather was perfect and we got an extra day in Bermuda.

There does seem to be a decrease in staff. Very often there would only be one bartender working by himself in the pool bar, Java cafe and Pearly king's. It made getting bar service almost painful. Yesterday they did add bar servers on the pool deck.

Welcome home. Saw you sail in and dock just before 7. Interesting on the staff comment as I've been seeing that comment pop up quite a bit lately.