Umbrellas in a full suite

gotta cruise again

I see that umbrellas are provided when in a full suite.

Here are my questions:

One per person?

What size? big 'golf' umbrella or an easier to carry size?

Are they just for use during the cruise or are they a 'gift'?

Thanks! Heading to Alaska soon and need to know whether to bring my own small one or not/

They are supposed to be in a full suite but I just had a cruise around Japan in a full suite and no umbrella was found in that suite at all. I did not need one. Perhaps the last guests took it home thinking it was a gift.

Apparently, it's hit or miss. We have cruised in several suites and never saw an umbrella. As a matter of fact, when I saw an umbrella included in the suite amenities' list that was just revised by Princess, I thought that it was a new amenity.

Paul

Edited by pjrockman

They are supposed to be in a full suite but I just had a cruise around Japan in a full suite and no umbrella was found in that suite at all. I did not need one. Perhaps the last guests took it home thinking it was a gift.

Apparently, it's hit or miss. We have cruised in several suites and never saw an umbrella. As a matter of fact, when I saw an umbrella included in the suite amenities' list that was just revised by Princess, I thought that it was a new amenity.

Paul

Just ask Stewart.

We were on Regal in May and saw 2 large golf umbrellas sitting in corner. They are to be used while on the ship. They are NOT gifts. Although i am sure some think they are gifts since that was the first time in 3 different suites that we saw them.

We did not have umbrellas provided in our suite on our Hawaii trip, but will certainly look forward to having them as we get drenched during next year's trip to the British Isles!

Now i just have to research the best / most packable rain jackets. And maybe boots.

We have been staying in suites since we started cruising over 10 years ago and have never had a umbrella yet. We always stay in a aft suite which has a nice overhang so maybe that is why. Also would be usable when the ship is moving as usually no wind at the back.

We did not have umbrellas provided in our suite on our Hawaii trip, but will certainly look forward to having them as we get drenched during next year's trip to the British Isles!

Now i just have to research the best / most packable rain jackets. And maybe boots.

We had one in our suite, it was in the closet, but I was so glad we brought our own for our British Isles cruise. The big one would have been all wrong for the tours where everyone is clustered close together to listen to the guise, it was just too big. Hard to carry and store on a bus or van, too. For rain jackets, we both got ours from LL Bean and they were great, kept us dry and were easy to fold up into our carry bag.

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/78466?feat=610-GN1&page=discovery-rain-jacket

This is the ladies' version, they make one for men also. We didn't bring boots but did bring more than one pair of walking shoes in case one was wet, and they often were. Great trip, however.

Edited by cynbar