"Princess Cruises Celebrates 50th Anniversary with Celebrations, Freebies "

dockhl

:D

I didn't see the special 50th anniversary pizza, only the regular thin flat unappetizing ones.

I love the pizzas at Alfredo's.....

I too love the pizza at Alfredo's. However, I agree with Lovetocruiseprincess in regard to the pizza at Prego on Lido deck. I find it utterly pathetic.

As for turning 50... I'm trying to remember what we did for each of our 50th birthdays. I have trouble remembering last week let alone that long ago! We won't make it for the 50th anniversary thing either as we will only hit our 43rd this May. I guess that's what we get for being newlyweds. :D

Edited by Thrak

I wonder if there is anything special if you are turning 50 this year?

Yes if its your 50th birthday or 50th wedding anniversary there are "gifts". If you cruise during the month of your anniversary or birthday it is $50 OBC, if it is in 2015 you get a bottle of wine.

Julie

Edited by arizonaperson

Darn! My upcoming cruise in April is my 50th birthday cruise - but my actual birthday happened about six weeks before 2015. :( I just couldn't take a cruise along the california/pacific coast in November... Sigh!

I'm going to pretend that all the decorations on the ship are for my 50th celebration as well! I just won't get the wine I guess..

Darn! My upcoming cruise in April is my 50th birthday cruise - but my actual birthday happened about six weeks before 2015. :( I just couldn't take a cruise along the california/pacific coast in November... Sigh!

I'm going to pretend that all the decorations on the ship are for my 50th celebration as well! I just won't get the wine I guess..

In the grand scheme of things, a twenty buck bottle of wine (likely worth $11.99 at most) is neither here nor there. Buy yourself something nicer and celebrate with loved ones. Or order the wine aboard anyway.

Edited by Wehwalt

Yes if its your 50th birthday or 50th wedding anniversary there are "gifts". If you cruise during the month of your anniversary or birthday it is $50 OBC, if it is in 2015 you get a bottle of wine.

Julie

I spent my birthday on a Princess cruise during the last 5 years, and I never received any $50 OBC. Can you please tell me what I need to do to get that OBC? This year, I will also be spending my birthday on a Princess cruise. Thank you.

I spent my birthday on a Princess cruise during the last 5 years, and I never received any $50 OBC. Can you please tell me what I need to do to get that OBC? This year, I will also be spending my birthday on a Princess cruise. Thank you.

You will only get the credit if your 50th birthday is celebrated on the ship in 2015. The link for the Princess flyer is in post #26. It's a one-time thing. It's not done on every birthday, every year.

The anniversary stuff does not live up to the hype.

I disagree. My wife and I very much enjoyed the 50th anniversary touches on our January cruise. The updated logos onboard, added details around the ship, banners and cake in the atrium, anniversary pizzas, special chocolates throughout the cruise, the cakepops and truffles, the special commemorative dinner and menu, and flag at the bow of the ship .

We didn't receive the bag with the 50th anniversary logo however. . . that was disappointing.

Overall, it was more than we had expected to see around the ship. We were pleasantly surprised!

We are taking the 3-day Coastal on Grand in 2 weeks. (In a suite, so we'll be Platinum once we finish this cruise!)

I just got off the phone with Princess. (I booked our last-minute cruise directly on their website, not with a travel agent as I usually do.) I was told that they no longer had the codes needed to add the birthday perk to my reservation. I was instructed to visit the passenger services desk with my i.d. showing that I'm turning 50 this year, and that they would be able to help me.

Does that sound right? I'm wondering if I need to try again. On the other hand, I might just follow their advice & deal with it while on the cruise. I'm not cruising during my b-day month, so all I'm entitled to is a bottle of wine. Not sure I want to spend any more of my time on this for a bottle of wine!

We are taking the 3-day Coastal on Grand in 2 weeks. (In a suite, so we'll be Platinum once we finish this cruise!)

I just got off the phone with Princess. (I booked our last-minute cruise directly on their website, not with a travel agent as I usually do.) I was told that they no longer had the codes needed to add the birthday perk to my reservation. I was instructed to visit the passenger services desk with my i.d. showing that I'm turning 50 this year, and that they would be able to help me.

Does that sound right? I'm wondering if I need to try again. On the other hand, I might just follow their advice & deal with it while on the cruise. I'm not cruising during my b-day month, so all I'm entitled to is a bottle of wine. Not sure I want to spend any more of my time on this for a bottle of wine!

I believe this is the code that they are talking about, PE4MS101B_501B. It's on the bottom of the flyer. I would call back and if the Princess agent can't help you, then request a supervisor. If that doesn't work, then print out the flyer and bring it with you. Perhaps the Captain's Circle Hostess can help you once you board the ship.

I believe this is the code that they are talking about, PE4MS101B_501B. It's on the bottom of the flyer. I would call back and if the Princess agent can't help you, then request a supervisor. If that doesn't work, then print out the flyer and bring it with you. Perhaps the Captain's Circle Hostess can help you once you board the ship.

Thanks so much for your advice! I did call back, and a supervisor was needed. The supervisor was able to add the promotion code to my booking.

Thanks so much for your advice! I did call back, and a supervisor was needed. The supervisor was able to add the promotion code to my booking.

:D I'm so happy that it worked out for you. Can you tell that I retired from AT&T? I spent a lot of time working with call centers.;)

I emailed my TA about the bottle of wine offer for turning 50 this year and she emailed Princess and was told my voyage on CB 5 night was not eligible. So I called Princess and was told the offer is valid once I am on board (probably should bring flyer). I don't think Princess reps. always have the most current information.

The shops also have special 50th anniversary merchandise for sale. I picked up a couple of things, including the special Citizen watch with the Princess 50 logo. It was extra special as I celebrated my birthday on board and friends sent me OBC, so they paid for most of it. Love how the "0" in 50 is the seawitch.

We had a special menu available on Princess. January 26th 2015 - 10 day Vietnam Grand Adventure.

menyoo2.jpg

We sailed on the Regal 2nd week of Jan. & all week the food was exceptional & the Ann. menu was not offered but had a lot of different choices that were very good. This past week on the same ship was totally different, Anniversary menu was the worst, served on first formal night we had the ossobucco which was 3 ravioli`s served cold in a hot dish, the beef was a small portion of rawhide. The cold servings continued all week, complaining didn`t help as the poor servers were feeling hot plates. They said the chef is now from England. They also seem to have a lot more tables of 8 & are forcing you to sit there or take buzzer, the one night I took it, I wasn`t buzzed until almost closing time & no line. I hate to complain, that was my 25th on Princess & yes I`m booked next month on the Royal, so PLEASE no nasty comebacks.

The shops also have special 50th anniversary merchandise for sale. I picked up a couple of things, including the special Citizen watch with the Princess 50 logo. It was extra special as I celebrated my birthday on board and friends sent me OBC, so they paid for most of it. Love how the "0" in 50 is the seawitch.

Yes, your right, picked up a necklace at 30 + 10 elite discount.