Affordable hotel options in Fort Lauderdale

Riemercruisin

What option works best for you ?

only you can make the decision

NOOOOO, I need your help!!:cool:

My family is about to kill me because of my indecisiveness.

I like the Comfort Suites idea because it's sounds less busy, close to K-Mart, other shops and IHOP (very important to the kids). But Hyatt is Hyatt, you know?

I like the Comfort Suites idea because it's sounds less busy, close to K-Mart, other shops and IHOP (very important to the kids). But Hyatt is Hyatt, you know?

Take the Comfort inn sounds more convenient to things & you have a car to go someplace for dinner

:halo:

We stayed at the Hyatt Place Ft Lauderdale on 17th street which I booked through value trips. It was fine and included parking.

I also booked through ValueTrips and had to pay $7.00 per night to park for our two nights precruise.

Embassy Suites is an older hotel with lots of facilities, clean, comfortable rooms(if in need of an update) shady pool area, included breakfast and manager's reception within room price. Pleasant, professional staff. Easy walking distance to Publix, Total Wine for last minute, pre-cruise needs.

BUT.....expensive nightly parking charge !

Since you have the car to get around and you are traveling with kids, stay at Comfort Inn. I don't think Hyatt is that great of location, altho near the port. You'll end up walking pretty far or using your car anyways to get around. Too you'll have a smaller room. Decide what amenities you will need/use at Hyatt.

For a couple of dollars more I can get Hyatt Regency Pier 66 (no breakfast, valet parking, but better location).

This is for a tower room, which according to TripAdvisor are better rooms.

What should we do????

Going back to my comment about spending a few extra dollars to start the vacation on a high note, I would recommend switching to the Hyatt Regency. The views of the cruise ships just a few feet away and the location close to restaurants and the beach would be more than enough reasons to convince me to stay there.

Spending just a few extra dollars will allow you to feel like you're truly on vacation before you set foot on the ship. In my opinion, it's money well spent.

Whatever you choose, enjoy your vacation!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

We stayed at Hyatt Pier 66 over Spring Break. I would wait until they update their rooms.

Because of what poster Tapi said - we are now also looking at the W (even though we're not beach people).

For now we are booked at the Comfort Suites in Dania Beach as well as they have the amenities we're looking for and the rate is good (will have a rental car).

If there are other suggestions for new hotels with suites and walk in shower, we would reconsider.

We stayed at Hilton Garden Inn in Dania for one night pre-cruise. Nice property. They do have free breakfast, I believe but we drove down the main street to the IHOP. The staff was very helpful and friendly.

I agree with Jane. We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in Dania last November. They have a nice, small restaurant on site. We ate dinner there because we had driven many hours. It was quite good. Really recommend it.