I'm taking bets on wether my 10/8 BA cruise makes it to GSC.

Sotermarler

Just for fun, I'm taking bets on wether my BA cruise in peak hurricane season makes a stop in GSC. I'm betting we don't make it. If we do, I'll do a handstand on the beach and post the photo. I'll be psyched if we make it, but I know there's a good chance we won't make it.

What's your bet?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I've been on 2 cruises with stops to GSC....We lucked out and stoped there both times. The first time it was very rough. So I'm betting on you stopping there. I'll keep on eye out for that handstand photo.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'll bet you could have offered to bet a one-hand handstand in a pit of hot coals while drinking water and humming showtunes and you wouldn't have to make good on it.

So you are saying we won't make it then? If we make it, I'll post it!

If I was on your cruise I would bet a million dollars it would not make it. I'm a jinx lol never made it all 3 times I did that run

Ha ha ha! Me too! That's why I bet I would do the handstand, because I don't want to do it....so now I've pretty much guaranteed I'm going to have to do it. I think I reverse psychology'd myself!

I know that's why I'm trying to have fun with it. I won't be disappointed if we don't make it, but great if we do!!

Wow, some folks have no sense of humour. I got your post and made me smile- especially if you did get to do that headstand. Ignore the miserable souls and pray they're not on your cruise. Have fun

Wow, some folks have no sense of humour. I got your post and made me smile- especially if you did get to do that headstand. Ignore the miserable souls and pray they're not on your cruise. Have fun

Thank you diamondj! That's what I was going for, light-hearted and fun! Every party needs a pooper, right?

Im a bit nervous I'm going to have to pay up though!

What do they do if they don't make it...just spend another day at sea?

A non-trivial number of GSC port calls are cancelled yearround due to weather preventing tendering.

10/07. I think that a hurricane will prevent you from sailing south and you will have your beach towel and snorkel gear in Halifax.

We have made it to GSC 5 of 5 times at all times of the year.

We took a short trip on the Sky and were supposed to be at GSC on 10/4/15... we didn't make it due to hurricane Joaquin. Instead we spent an extra day at sea. They had extra activities planned for us and we didn't care at all that we missed our stop.

When we returned home from our trip we learned that the El Faro cargo ship sank in the Bahamas during that storm. The news made us more thankful to have had the fun (and safe) trip that we had. If you don't make it just know that the captain has a good reason and enjoy the ride!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...
Just for fun, I'm taking bets on wether my BA cruise in peak hurricane season makes a stop in GSC. I'm betting we don't make it. If we do, I'll do a handstand on the beach and post the photo. I'll be psyched if we make it, but I know there's a good chance we won't make it.

What's your bet?

I'm betting it does make it to GSC...because I'm also on that cruise and have a cabana rented! ;-)

I'm betting it does make it to GSC...because I'm also on that cruise and have a cabana rented! ;-)

We made it 3 out of 4, we had a cabana booked, large, for $250 (soon after they were built), for the time GSC was skipped.