Anyone having stomach issues coming off of Celebrity Summit May 28th Bermuda sailing?

chenla

We've been home now since Sunday 6/4. Haven't felt right. At first thought it was just getting our land legs back but the level of nausea, dizziness and motion sickness is unlike what we've experienced after prior cruise experiences. It's not all the time - but it comes and goes in waves, stronger in the beginning part of the week. Tonite, my older one started to have GI issues - which was what Dr. asked us to watch out for. Anyone else experiencing issues? TIA.

Have you tried your roll call from the sailing, yet?

Sorry to hear about your family's illness, not pleasant I Am sure.

Feel better soon and bon voyage

We've been home now since Sunday 6/4. Haven't felt right. At first thought it was just getting our land legs back but the level of nausea, dizziness and motion sickness is unlike what we've experienced after prior cruise experiences. It's not all the time - but it comes and goes in waves, stronger in the beginning part of the week. Tonite, my older one started to have GI issues - which was what Dr. asked us to watch out for. Anyone else experiencing issues? TIA.

This happened to me after one cruise, and I still have no explanation for it. Finally went to the doctor and he determined it was kind of a reverse sea sickness. Told me to take dramamine every 4 hours for 2 days. That did the trick.

Very common after cruising...you still feel like you are On a moving platform....takes a couple of days for the land to feel steady again....Dramamine helps.

Wouldn't be noro because your symptoms are not severe enough and noro runs its course in about 48 hours.

Yours is just a cruise memory gone awry.

It happens to us after a 10+ day cruise or B2B. Walking, driving or even watching television seems "odd". It's called illusions of self-motion. As you mentioned sailor slang - You had sea legs. Now you are getting your land legs.

Edited by Rob the Cruiser

• 3 weeks later...

I just got off a Carnival cruise last month and had the same thing. It was just a matter of getting my land legs back. Normally I don't get reverse sea sickness like that but I'm coming out of a 12 year "retirement" from cruising, hopefully my next cruise (which is on the Summit) won't be so bad.

Sent from my LGL22C using Forums mobile app

I get the reverse sea sickness after every cruise for at least a week or two. I also tend to get vertigo when I have a migraine so I am sure that buts me at a higher risk or something. The doctor has recommended that I take some sea sickness medication but it never seems to do more than make me super thirsty. I always go back to work a few days after coming back and it makes my first week of teacher professional development a bit less of a downer when I still feel like I am on a cruise ship!

Considering the OP got off the cruise Sunday, and considering one of their party just starting feeling ill yesterday (it seems) I question the motion sickness answer. I have had that myself, after being on smaller ships where the seas were very rocky, but it does not suddenly appear days later.

Did you wear a patch? I know that on our first cruise my husband, who had been seasick on a fishing boat once, wore a patch the entire cruise "just to be safe." He wore it all the time, changed it every morning, and even when on land or calm seas he wore it. Turns out that wasn't such a good idea. He had 'stomach issues' and other side effects for a couple weeks after. Doctor told him that those shouldn't be worn like that.

He's never worn a patch on all our cruises since, even in 20 ft. seas. Never had a problem again. That fishing trip - small boat - was a one-off.