Steward and ice bucket refill

Capitan Morgan

Hi, I read in a review that the Steward doesn't refill the bucket with ice anymore, but room service take care of this. is that true? The review was dated back in 2012

That is not true just ask him/her that you want ice 1or2 times a day .

I remember something like that on Carnival web site about a year ago when we took a cruise. But, when we got to our cabin we asked the steward and he said yes that we needed to call room service per policy, but he would be happy to do it.

I had heard something like that about a year ago around these boards. But on my last 2 cruises, we have had no problems getting ice, in our ice bucket & in our small cooler, both twice a day from the room stewards. Every cruise before that, they have always been terribly inconsistent, and we are usually hunting them down to get ice.

I've found that your Cabin Steward can do just about anything, if you ask. I've never had problems with getting ice in the cabin. If there is a policy with 'that' ship, or 'that' cabin steward, they tell you how to get ice. But I have a feeling, you'll always have ice, if you ask!!!

We had no issue 2 cruises this year with ice. We even get room service first day while unpacking for a bucket of ice . We like the room service bucket as it a LOT bigger than tin bucket in cabin. Our room steward kept the normal and room service bucket's filled every day no issues.

It's not "automatically" done anymore, you must ask. I've not had ice the last coupla cruises, even with a "hint" of a bottle of wine and some sodas on the desk. I finally did ask on one cruise, and received it about the third day.

You could always go to Lido, go to a bar and ask for a bucket, and fill it yourself, if nothing else.

Hi, I read in a review that the Steward doesn't refill the bucket with ice anymore, but room service take care of this. is that true? The review was dated back in 2012

What's changed is they will no longer automatically do it unless you specify you wish to have ice. Then you will get it as normal.

No need to throw money at them for this service.

I have never had to request ice. It's always been full when I get to my cabin upon embarkation. I've also never had to wait more than a few hours for any special request I've given to my cabin steward.

I had never been on Carnival before and took my first Carnival cruise 2 months ago on the Dream. Everyone was saying that was one of the many "cutbacks" that Carnival had done...not refilling your ice bucket unless you ask for it. Well, ours was filled every day with no problems and we never once ask for it. :)

We asked our steward to fill our small cooler and the ice bucket everyday and he did with no problems. Sometimes twice a day. We brought a couple of beer buckets back from lido one night and planned on bringing them back to lido after breakfast the next morning.

When we came back from the MDR to pick up the buckets, our cooler was full, the metal ice bucket was full and so were the two beer buckets from lido. It was SILLY! We had an awesome steward.

The cabin steward still refilled my ice bucket on my last cruise. I think the way room service enters the equation is this. Your steward will continue to refill the ice bucket when he does the twice-daily service. But if you need ice outside the times of service, then you call room service---not the steward---to get additional ice. It may have been different in the past.

Archived