"Casual" lunch place in Hamilton?

brookmill18

We're docking at King's Wharf at 8 and plan on taking the ferry to Hamilton and exploring on our own, and then probably taking the 2pm ferry back to the ship. Any ideas for a restaurant "worth" the visit that isn't super pricey? Just thinking that we could always grab a snack and then eat a late lunch back on the boat but stopping for a bite to eat might be fun too. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Thanks--I'm now sort of leaning towards going to the Spicy Dicy (I posted a thread on walking there) but getting to and from is something I'm trying to figure out. Looks like getting a bus there is easy--just not sure about getting a bus back. Maybe a taxi and have them wait for us?

We'll be in Hamilton by 10am and would like to spend some time at the Dockyards (I hadnt realized that there is some "real" stuff there) before 4pm on board, so I'm leaning towards doing something really different (like Spicy Dicy) or just waiting to eat either at Dockyards or back on boat.

Anyone reading this thread have experience with Spicy Dicy??

Thanks--I'm now sort of leaning towards going to the Spicy Dicy (I posted a thread on walking there) but getting to and from is something I'm trying to figure out. Looks like getting a bus there is easy--just not sure about getting a bus back. Maybe a taxi and have them wait for us?

We'll be in Hamilton by 10am and would like to spend some time at the Dockyards (I hadnt realized that there is some "real" stuff there) before 4pm on board, so I'm leaning towards doing something really different (like Spicy Dicy) or just waiting to eat either at Dockyards or back on boat.

It is a takeout place with no seating so your best bet I think would be to take a taxi and have them wait and take you back by the ferry terminal. That would also optimize your time. Buses are not going to be all that frequent. Saturday is a reduced schedule. Buses might be an hour apart on that route. You could eat the sandwiches along the water front in Hamilton. There are a couple of parks along the waterfront behind the ferry terminal where you could eat the sandwiches.

If you decide to eat at the Dockyard I would suggest Frog and Onion. It is a Pub with craft beer.

You could also get a fish sandwich at Rosa's. It is a Mexican restaurant on Front Street. The sandwich is Bermudian. It was rated the best fish sandwich in Bermuda in a contest but Art Mel's did not compete.

Edited by Charles4515

It's take-out only, but really good. And certainly uniquely Bermudan, which my previous suggestion (Hog Penny) is really not, though I like it a lot. and BTW, if you go to Art Mel's, do get the raisin bread for the sandwich; it sounds weird, but it's great.

Edited by Langoustine

Both Hog Penny and Flanagan's serve fish and chips. They both have pub fare. Flanagan's is an Irish Pub and Sports Bar. Hog Penny is a more British style Pub.

Thank you, Charles.

i third hog penny except for the pricing. loved the food and atmosphere. just hope their CC machine works when you are there. glad i had enough cash because their network issue lasted more than 5 min and i got tired of waiting.