Mr. Sanchos vs. Nachi Cocum

cruzzin1124

Hi everyone, we're going on a cruise in November and going to Cozumel...we're debating whether we should go to Mr. Sanchos or Nachi Cocum, we love good food and a little on quieter side...so which one do you think has better food? or which would you recommend over the other...thanks for any feedback, much appreciated :D

Nachi is smaller (limited to 100 guests/day), quieter (no music), and tends not to attract families (no water toys).

We prefer Nachi; when my daghters cruise with us I get out voted and we end up at Mr. S - both offer good food/drinks/service.

Hi everyone, we're going on a cruise in November and going to Cozumel...we're debating whether we should go to Mr. Sanchos or Nachi Cocum, we love good food and a little on quieter side...so which one do you think has better food? or which would you recommend over the other...thanks for any feedback, much appreciated :D

We are great fans of Nachi - love the laid back atmosphere. If you want a snorkel expedition or to rent jet skis, they are available also. Drinks are unlimited; food is a "four course meal" that most people never finish.

It's about a 10-15 minute taxi ride [$16 + tip each way].

We'll be there in November!

We've done both this year and we preferred Mr. Sanchos. It's not as quiet as Nachi but it wasn't overly loud either.

The staff seemed friendlier at Mr. Sanchos - they were friendly at Nachi as well but less interactive if that makes any sense.

And we felt the food was better at Mr. Sanchos - the big difference with the food was you could eat as much as you wanted whenever you wanted all day at Mr. S. but at Nachi it was just one sit down meal. Yes, there was enough food at Nachi but I preferred eating little bits throughout the day instead of one large meal - helps to soak up the booze every couple of hours;)

BTW We are early to mid 40s who are not party animals:cool:

We've done both this year and we preferred Mr. Sanchos. It's not as quiet as Nachi but it wasn't overly loud either.

The staff seemed friendlier at Mr. Sanchos - they were friendly at Nachi as well but less interactive if that makes any sense.

And we felt the food was better at Mr. Sanchos - the big difference with the food was you could eat as much as you wanted whenever you wanted all day at Mr. S. but at Nachi it was just one sit down meal. Yes, there was enough food at Nachi but I preferred eating little bits throughout the day instead of one large meal - helps to soak up the booze every couple of hours;)

Just to clarify - at Nachi, you do not have to sit down to the meal. You can order it in shifts, enjoying the appetizer, then later on getting more. You can eat on the beach or go up on the patio to eat at a table.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Was this something new? I have never heard any one else say you had to get all the meal at once. Did your waiter suggest you had to take it all at once?

Sorry I will try to clarify. When we were there in February we were told you could split your meal up, yes, but you couldn't eat all you want. If you were allowed 1 or 2 apps and 1 entree then you could eat it anytime and anywhere but you couldn't have more than your allowance in each category.

At Mr. Sanchos there's no food limit at all.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We were at Nachi last week. Loved it. Service was very prompt. Drinks were not watered down. Food was excellent. Place was quiet. They even had a sign by the pool declaring that this is NOT a spring break type place. If you were obnoxious, then you wold be asked to leave. I like that. The beach was great. Loved sitting under the trees and umbrellas. We will definitely return.

We were at Nachi last week. Loved it. Service was very prompt. Drinks were not watered down. Food was excellent. Place was quiet. They even had a sign by the pool declaring that this is NOT a spring break type place. If you were obnoxious, then you wold be asked to leave. I like that. The beach was great. Loved sitting under the trees and umbrellas. We will definitely return.

We have reserved at Nachi for January. I have read that the beach chairs are very uncomfortable. What did you think?

Edited by CintiPam

We have reserved at Nachi for January. I have read that the beach chairs are very uncomfortable. What did you think?

I know you didn't ask me but I will tell you that I found them to be uncomfortable. The ones we had on the beach were white hard plastic. The ones up by the pool were much better.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We're already booked at Nachi for our January cruise, and are very much looking forward to it after all the good reviews here. But I do have a question ---- does the menu include enough non-Mexican choices to satisfy a picky eater.? DH is not a great fan of Mexican food. I can't seem to find a recent menu, but I know I have seen hot dogs and hamburgers mentioned, so he should be okay. I suppose he can drink more if he doesn't like the food, but that's probably not a good idea either!

Edited by cynbar

We're already booked at Nachi for our January cruise, and are very much looking forward to it after all the good reviews here. But I do have a question ---- does the menu include enough non-Mexican choices to satisfy a picky eater.? DH is not a great fan of Mexican food. I can't seem to find a recent menu, but I know I have seen hot dogs and hamburgers mentioned, so he should be okay. I suppose he can drink more if he doesn't like the food, but that's probably not a good idea either!

My daughter is a picky eater but loves hot dogs so that's what she ordered. I wouldn't recommend it - try the hamburger instead :eek:

Just came back from Nachi for the first time, and did Mr Sanchos a year and a half ago. Both times we were the only ship in port. At Nachi there were literally only 5 other people there so it was very exclusive lol. That being said, we had great service! The food was good, the drinks were good. We had good converstation and the the bar tender was making us shots and drinks. It was nice and quiet. We needed that relaxing day. I did really like the private palapa's that we got by the beach. I dont recall Sanchos having that. I do like Sanchos' facilities better - they had the swing bar, a better pool bar, cabana beds... I feel like Sanchos is a bit more well known, there were more people there but not overwhelmingly so. The service was great - the drinks were delicious! Its because of those drinks I cant tell you about the food because I dont remember! I think Nachi had better chairs and loungers too. If your looking for a more relaxing time, Nachi might be best for you. I still like Sanchos better though, its a good time :)

Was this something new? I have never heard any one else say you had to get all the meal at once. Did your waiter suggest you had to take it all at once?

I have been to both and have full reviews of both of them along with TONS of pictures listed in my signature line if you (or anyone on here is interested).

We loved the food at Nachi compared to Mr S. Nachi was quieter for the most part (but there was rowdy kids in the pool/hot tub not behaving the day we were there, so it can happen). We liked the beach at Mr S better and the pool(s) better at Mr S. We also liked the facilities and just the over layout of Mr S. However, the way that Nachi is spread out (and your neighbor is not sitting right next to you on the beach) at Nachi is much better. I think Nachi looks a lot better as well. Overall, we liked Mr S over Nachi, but it's hard to pick since both have the good and the bad to them IMO. :)

Thanks for the review/pics - The last time we went to Paradise Beach - It was a good time. This trip we made a reservation for Nachi Cocum -I'm looking forward to something different this time

We were just at Nachi last Thursday. It was wonderful. Great drinks, fantastic food, warm Caribbean, snorkeling trip, and very, very quiet and relaxing. Food quality was amazing. Large shrimp cocktail in their special sauce and later a grilled shrimp dinner were top notch. Can't wait to go back again!

Thanks for all the responses. I've been to Nachi but was wondering how far Mr Sanchos is from the pier?

Mr. S is just down the beach from Nachi (you can see the water toys while sipping on a margarita at Nachi); cab fare and driving time fromt he piers will be the same.

We are thinking of going to one of these 2 places on our upcoming cruise in February. My husband loves to be in the ocean and snorkel/swim. Which of these 2 is better for swimming/snorkeling?

Snorkeling on site at either of these places is mediocre - sandy bottom! However at Nachi you can arrange to take a snorkeling excursion.