A1 Suite Selection on Legend

Sunprince

Hi, I'd appreciate hearing from anyone who has sailed in the A1 category on the Legend. I'm trying to determine which suite to select. Some of the choices are #117, 120, 122, 124, 130. I am also wondering if there is any noise from the dining below for any of the suites and/or any other concerns with suites in this section of the ship.

Thanks

I would choose 120, 122 or 124. No noise from the restaurant, but nearer the stern there can be noise from the dishwashers in the galley - we have experienced it. Any of these should be fine, I would not choose 130 myself.

I'd choose 120. Stayed in 121 and booked it several times on Legend prior to going the GTY route.

Thanks all

Dan - when you did GTY what suite did they assign you? I can go GTY for a few hundred $ less but didn't want to take the chance and be assigned 100, 101 or 102 or one of the connecting suites.

I have always been extremely luck with my GTY suite allocations. That said, if your concerned about a specific suite in the GTY category your booking, I wouldn't take the gamble.

Suites 100, 101 and 102 are category A suites. If you book category A1 guaranty you will not be assigned category A suites. I quite agree those far forward suites are not the most desirable since you will hear the anchor being raised/lowered. However, they are very handy to the laundry!

Winnie

Suites 100, 101 and 102 are category A suites. If you book category A1 guaranty you will not be assigned category A suites. I quite agree those far forward suites are not the most desirable since you will hear the anchor being raised/lowered. However, they are very handy to the laundry!

Winnie

Thanks for clarifying WInnie, I meant to say an OS GTY and not an A1 GTY. I assumed for an OS you could end up anywhere including the A suites up front.

Thanks for clarifying WInnie, I meant to say an OS GTY and not an A1 GTY. I assumed for an OS you could end up anywhere including the A suites up front.

Yes, that is possible, and I would not want to be in one of the very front A suites on the small ships. You have a good choice in the A1, I personally would bite the bullet and choose one of these.

Midship, (A1) Deck 4, on the smaller ships are very comfortable. I have friends from New Mexico who enjoyed and usually booked Suite 100 ~I visited the couple in their suite ~~ it's a different configuration as its close to the bow. Personally I would not stay in #100, 101 102 or 103. Too "bouncy" if the sea is rough.

Happy sailing

We had suite 133 (I think, it was in 1998) on the Pride. It was great--smooth ride, no noise, close to the MDR. We had suite 101 on the Legend. It was the only time I've been seasick on Seabourn. On a Singapore to Hong Kong cruise in 2012 a lady unlucky enough to be in 101 told me she only went to her cabin to sleep as she was sick because of the motion.

• 4 weeks later...

Winnie

Is the laundry self service?

I have seen now a couple of remarks about not wanting connecting suites. I am a little concerned as I never thought of that when making the suite selection. We are in 306. Is this a connecting suite? If so what are the drawbacks?

Thanks

#306 is a connecting suite, but is on the preferable side with the standard bed/full bath (as opposed to the murphy bed/shower only side #304). There is a slight chance you will here your neighbors conversing if they are very loud. We have had 128 before but the party in 126 was single. We could hear her phone ring (very muted), but that was it. We asked her if she ever heard us and she said, "No."

The connecting suites on the small ships have a piece of wall which has to be removed to join them, and therefore sound does not travel much if at all. Agree the higher number one of any pair is preferable. On the new ships the suites connect with a locked door, and you can definitely hear next door if they talk near this door (opposite the bathroom). Also the balcony divider opens up halfway, and is not as satisfactory as a proper one. We found this out recently, and would not choose one again. It might easily be the sort you would be assigned if on a guarantee, I suspect.