Restaurant NCL is missing?

cb3thatsme

The more I read about NCL the more I like about the Freestyle dining concept, as a foodie I cannot wait to try all of the specialty restaurants NCL offers when I try NCL for the first time next summer (either Pearl or Jewel)!

Something that I really like is that they have many of the same specialty restaurants on each ship so I can really get the "full" NCL experience even on an older ship! I also like the fact that kids are 1/2 price in specialty restaurants both make me think highly of NCL without even sailing yet :D

Now onto the question lol --- What restaurant is NCL missing? Or what cuisine is NCL missing???? Something like Sabor on RCCL, Qusine on Celebrity or maybe even Guys Burger on Carnival or is the whole industry missing something like a BBQ restaurant!

I'm sure NCL is always trying to think of something new and I'd really hate to see a carbon copy of the restaurants mentioned above but still... What restaurant or type of restaurant is NCL missing???

*if a similar thread has been posted I apologize I didn't see anything :)

Edited by cb3thatsme

I think they pretty much have the bases covered...except. I wish the Mexican restaurants were still there. They were the least expensive (maybe why they're gone) , but I thought were very good. I realize the US cities have a Mexican restaurant on every corner. However, the ones NCL had offered a bit above the usual.

Another request for Indian here. The Indian food at the buffet is always good and I remember when some of the ships used to have a special Indian meal, sort of like a chefs table but it didn't cost as much as there was no wine. we were very sad when it was dropped about 3 or 4 years ago. So many of the chefs are from India and they are so proud to present the dishes from their own country and region within the country. Bring it back please!

AWESOME suggestions guys!

I didn't know that they used to have Mexican I think its a gap that is missing...

I couldn't agree more about Indian if there was a place that served Naan and different dips I wouldn't leave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't even think about Greek great idea :D DCL has a Greek station on the lido deck but I have always been to full to try it lol

Good pizza is lacking on NCL

How about an authentic New York style pizzeria

I would LOVE a BBQ place but people outside the USA are not big with putting "sauce" on meat. So it would have to be a ship that left from New Orleans or stayed port in the USA.

Edited by david_sobe

Do you guys think good Pizza is possible at sea? I haven't ever heard of "good" pizza on a ship? I'd love to see it though I bet it would be busy every night! It would fit especially well on the Breakaway and the Deli would fit perfectly with the NYC theme!

Jewel would be a good ship for testing BBQ leaving from Texas half the year and running Alaska in the summer :D

Seafood, Seafood, Seafood!! I know a lot of the restaurants serve seafood but when I'm on the water all I want is seafood and lots of it. I also wish they did a better job of serving authentic dishes of the ports that the ship visits. But these are minor because NCL does a great job at everything else.

Yes, Princess has awesome pizza, to include two Neapolitan pizza makers! :D

Wow really? I guess I'll have to remember that :D (I'm not sailing on Princess soon but maybe someday)

I would love to see a Spanish Tapas restaurant.

I think that would be outstanding! Especially if they made the presentation of the food part of the show!

Howbout a great New York style deli, with corned beef sandwiches, salami, knishes, kugels!!!! MMMMMM YUMMMY

Barb, I was going to say the exact same thing. And I would like it to be a 24 hour deli with orders to go!

A greek cafe. Gyros, Falafel, Souvlaki, Baklava, etc.

yes! It could even be a walk-up stand with some tables, like on the waterfront. Add kabobs and I'm all in :)

Edited by sdmike