2 DAM Sail By's Today!!

IRL_Joanie

For anyone interested in watching the Zaandam and Oosterdam as they Sail by the Orca Cams as they transverse their way from Alaska to Vancouver, you can do so in about 4 hours from 4 of the Live Streaming Orca Web Cams http://explore.org/live-cams/player/orcalab-base

According to Marine Traffic http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/shipid:260088/zoom:10 Oosterdam is about 4hours and 44 minutes away. I have no idea about the Zaandam as I have my way points attached to Oosterdam. But, Zaandam should be around the same time frame.

The Good Thing about both of them doing this today is that IF you have the 4 above water cams open (I open 4 separate tabs) is that you'll be able to see them both and one will be closer than the other, depending on which side of Hanson Island they go on.

Joanie

Edited by IRL_Joanie
Spelling

Thanks, Joanie, for the heads-up today!

You are a genius! I've had a great time watching the whales on this cam!!

This morning one humpback was playing with a few sea lions and yesterday, I watched two pods ranging back and forth, blowing, surfacing and diving!

Great fun!

Thanks, Joanie, for the heads-up today!

You are a genius! I've had a great time watching the whales on this cam!!

This morning one humpback was playing with a few sea lions and yesterday, I watched two pods ranging back and forth, blowing, surfacing and diving!

Great fun!

The humpbacks were really active an hour or so ago.

I can't say I get too excited about a few seconds of a cruise ship crossing the screen, but an orca or humpback - that's worth watching.:D

I can't say I get too excited about a few seconds of a cruise ship crossing the screen, but an orca or humpback - that's worth watching.:D

I agree!!

Have you seen many orca? Mine have been humpbacks and one different one with a very narrow, tall blow -- minke, fin?

I saw the one humpback this morning around 10 - 11 am.

In the afternoon around 2 - 3 pm they have been active, too.

I've been lucky lately: I turn on the computer and there they are!

I agree!!

Have you seen many orca? Mine have been humpbacks and one different one with a very narrow, tall blow -- minke, fin?

One evening this week there was a whole pod of orcas with a calf. Very close in on the Parson Island cam. I alternate between the bear cams and the whale cams, two tabs open. Not interested in seeing the hull of a cruise ship go by in seconds - it gets in the way of whale watching.;)

I agree!!

If you are not signed up for the text alerts on your phone, I heartily recommend you do that. I'm sure I probably don't hear about ALL the whales that are approaching, but I definitely do hear about some of them. And when I go to the cam, yup, there are whales :)

If you are not signed up for the text alerts on your phone, I heartily recommend you do that. I'm sure I probably don't hear about ALL the whales that are approaching, but I definitely do hear about some of them. And when I go to the cam, yup, there are whales :)

Another vote for the text alerts! Though I have missed one or two, they really are spot on especially if you are close to your computer or can access via your smart phone or iphone.

It would have been perfect with just the 2 DAM Ships, but added in the whales!!!! HOLY CHIMICHANGAS!!! So many breeching and spouting before, during and between the ships passing the 3 Cams....... I have it all recorded and will upload tomorrow. If any want to see the recording just gimme a holler and I will post the You Tube Link.

BTW Yonnie, if you missed it, you can always go to the Cam and rewind it. There is a red line that is near the bottom that you can slide back and forth.

Joanie

It would be great if you could post the link!!!

Thanks.

The link is in her original post but if you just go to explore.org, there are other live webcams that might be of interest. Joanie is using the orca lab web cam. It is on the left hand side on my webpage. There is an app available, too.

How do i sign up for text messages?

Once on the webpage, scroll down past all the thumbnails of animals and there is a grey box on the left hand side where you can enter your 10 digit phone number. Depending on your phone plan there might be a charge for the text.

As promised, I've uploaded not only Zaandam and Oosterdam as they did their "Sail By" heading to Vancouver, but also Noordam, Princess ships and 1 Norwegian from the past week or 2.

Zaandam and Oosterdam 9-19-2015 is Here:

The Playlist for all the Cruise Ships doing Sail By's is Here (You can choose which one you want from this link):

Cruise Ships Inside Passage

Hope you all enjoy

Joanie