"Celebrity Cruises" representative here on CC

susan196222

Hello, we forwarded all concerns to our web team, but not sure we'll be able to respond.

You have got to be kidding me. Why did you request that we email you this information if you aren't going to be able to respond?!

I sent an email a week ago and have had no response.

Not even an apology or a mild regret.

To the Celebrity Cruise person here on CC:

Would you give us the name and telephone number of the person or persons who are in charge of the web team so we can express our concerns directly with them.

YOU are not getting the job done. Just look at how many threads have been started.

One more example:

Hi all,

If you having any issues regarding our website, please email web_reservations_cci@celebritycruises.com or call 1-800-722-5941 with the following details:

• The website URL
  • Which computer you are using - PC, Mac or Mobile Device
  • Reservation number.

This will greatly help us troubleshoot the issue and create a better experience for you. Thank you!

OK' date=' so I called the 800 number and spoke to someone who had no idea what I was talking about, implied I did not know how to use the site and didn't take note of the requested information. Total waste of time and she was rude besides. I only called because when I went to the indicated web address the message I got was that it was probably a phishing site. Sorry X but I'm unhappy again.[/quote']

To the Celebrity Cruise person here on CC:

Would you give us the name and telephone number of the person or persons who are in charge of the web team so we can express our concerns directly with them.

YOU are not getting the job done. Just look at how many threads have been started.

To accuse the Celebrity Cruises poster of not getting the job done because some other portion of the company does not respond to your issue is a little out of line. (Being polite here) Don't shoot the messenger, if you have any proof that they didn't forward the message that is one thing but I haven't seen any proof.

To accuse the Celebrity Cruises poster of not getting the job done because some other portion of the company does not respond to your issue is a little out of line. (Being polite here) Don't shoot the messenger, if you have any proof that they didn't forward the message that is one thing but I haven't seen any proof.

100% agree.

As I said on another post... I don't think everyone understands the job / role that this INDIVIDUAL performs (see my cut & paste below)

And this in turn is part of the reason that ORATOR began the post he did...

What should we expect from Celebrity Cruises (the CC Poster) = http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2100680

But alas even that topic has gone off track... Bogged down once more by people's own agendas. Not what was asked for. :rolleyes:

I have to admit I am amazed everyday by people who cannot read properly or understand posts on the Internet (in this case the directions to what was being looked for in that post)

== snip ==

I don't know what Cruise Critic (the Company) wants...

But as a Celebrity Cruiser / Customer and Cruise Critic Poster...

I appreciate the fact that you... (in this case the royal you = Celebrity) monitors this website.

Although, I do realize (some I suppose don't) that YOU are but one person / rep of the Co working in their Social Media sector

So YOU (one person) don't necessarily have all the answers, you merely are monitoring this Discussion Board on behalf of the company... And providing basic info / rerouting to others who may have the answers

In the same way that a Co Receptionist, or Telephone Operator, reroutes concerns

If THOSE PEOPLE (Departments) don't respond... Then it is not YOU who is at fault

The old "Don't shoot the messanger" theory

--- --- ---

From what I have seen to date, I think that you, CC Member CELEBRITY CRUISES are active on this Discussion Board and do a good job fielding questions and routing CC Members to those they need to talk to / work with. As well as providing the CC Members with general info / Announcements about the company

== end ==

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Although, I do realize (some I suppose don't) that YOU are but one person / rep of the Co working in their Social Media sector

So YOU (one person) don't necessarily have all the answers, you merely are monitoring this Discussion Board on behalf of the company... And providing basic info / rerouting to others who may have the answers

In the same way that a Co Receptionist, or Telephone Operator, reroutes concerns

If THOSE PEOPLE (Departments) don't respond... Then it is not YOU who is at fault

The old "Don't shoot the messanger" theory

I realise they are one person (or are often part of a team) and not the one who can resolve the problem.

However, as the representative of the company providing advice on how to get it resolved, they need to be giving redirection advice that is reliable and works, and in a modern support context, ensure that the issue is resolved otherwise the responsibility is not fulfilled.

If the redirection they give is incorrect and unsuccessful, then that is their responsibility to bear. If they're not able to ensure that a team will respond to and resolve an issue, then they should not be giving guidance advice that will fail. If they want to help, then they should raise these failures through management that customers are dissatisfied by existing processes. Not create a new process that also causes dissatisfaction, and leave the customer hanging with no response whatsoever after following their advice.

The old "Each is responsible for their link in the chain" theory.

I have to agree with Don.

I think "Celebrity Cruises" does a great job here, and I'm very grateful that he was given the position, and that he is as diligent as he is. (I don't actually know if he is a single person or a team, a male, a female or a team of both...)

Here on the Celebrity board, we KNOW that Celebrity knows about the multiple problems with the website. After a lot of complaining on these boards (and of course lots of other feedback, I'm sure) Celebrity hired a new manager to take over the IT department and to prioritize the website as the most important thing to tackle. She (the new IT manager) even came on the Celebrity board to ask questions and request feedback. Outcome? The website got worse.

I don't think for even a second that Celebrity doesn't know how their clients feel about the website issues. They just don't seem to have the people with the skills to fix it yet. And they REALLY need people to proofread their content who actually have some knowledge of cruising on Celebrity ships. The non-functionality of the website is the biggest problem, but the amount of inaccurate content boggles my mind.

I have had at least a dozen people at Celebrity tell me that they KNOW about the website problems, and are working on it. :(

Maybe if we created a sticky on the Celebrity thread where we can list the individual problems or errors on the website:

• clearly
  • unemotionally
  • in point form and
  • without editorializing or rebuttal.

Maybe this would be helpful to the Celebrity team.

I wasn't kidding when I suggested that Celebrity create a User Group of frequent cruisers to beta test their "upgrades" to the website. I don't think it can be done adequately by Celebrity staffers, because they don't have the same experiences that regular clients of Celebrity have.

If the job was getting done, why are there hundreds of threads, every year, complaining about

their website by thousands of CC members????

Celebrity Cruises these are not complaints, they are concerns that have gone

on for years by thousands of CC members.

Would you please answer the 2 questions:

1. Would you give us the name and telephone number of the person or persons who are in

charge of the web team so we can express our concerns directly with them?

2. Is Micheal Bayley, CEO, aware of these web problems?

Celebrity Cruises, since last night has refused to answer these questions.

If the job was getting done, why are there hundreds of threads, every year, complaining about

1. Would you give us the name and telephone number of the person or persons who are in

And they won't answer the questions. I'm sure Michael Bayley is aware of some level of dissatisfaction with their web site, but he chooses what to prioritize and what to fund...my guess is that he would rather fund adding suite dining rooms which may/will help revenue rather than committing dollars to IT. The IT manager focuses on what the boss tells them to focus on and if Bayley's focused on revenue, then you don't go in and tell him that you have reduced the number of "cruise not found" complaints...you tell him about new changes, deleivered early on the marketing side which marketing thinks will help them raise their prices.

A more reasonable request might be to have a mailbox where one can report errors...which you can't do today unless you call someone in customer service and then you have no confidence that they do anything at all with your comments.

Wow They haven't answered your question since all the way back to last night ? For shame !:rolleyes:

In some ways the idea of a X rep reading all Celebrity posts here on CC gives me pause.

On the other hand it says something good about this cruise line that they have chosen to

do so. It must on many occasions be a difficult task .

This week there have been 2 threads .not counting this one, illustrating this.

One was a promotional post announcing a Kate Spade merchandise agreement with Celebrity.

Lots of hoots of derision on that one.

The second issue, which had multiple threads ,was compensation issues for a cancelled cruise.

I thought it was very helpful for CC members that a Celebrity rep was monitoring the discussions.

I hope it will be helpful.

Maybe an email to Mr. Bayley from you might be in order, to make sure he is aware of these problems. You could also ask him to forward your issues to the executive in charge of the web team.

I have to agree with Don.

I think "Celebrity Cruises" does a great job here, and I'm very grateful that he was given the position, and that he is as diligent as he is. (I don't actually know if he is a single person or a team, a male, a female or a team of both...)

Here on the Celebrity board, we KNOW that Celebrity knows about the multiple problems with the website. After a lot of complaining on these boards (and of course lots of other feedback, I'm sure) Celebrity hired a new manager to take over the IT department and to prioritize the website as the most important thing to tackle. She (the new IT manager) even came on the Celebrity board to ask questions and request feedback. Outcome? The website got worse.

I don't think for even a second that Celebrity doesn't know how their clients feel about the website issues. They just don't seem to have the people with the skills to fix it yet. And they REALLY need people to proofread their content who actually have some knowledge of cruising on Celebrity ships. The non-functionality of the website is the biggest problem, but the amount of inaccurate content boggles my mind.

I have had at least a dozen people at Celebrity tell me that they KNOW about the website problems, and are working on it. :(

Maybe if we created a sticky on the Celebrity thread where we can list the individual problems or errors on the website:

• clearly
  • unemotionally
  • in point form and
  • without editorializing or rebuttal.

Maybe this would be helpful to the Celebrity team.

I wasn't kidding when I suggested that Celebrity create a User Group of frequent cruisers to beta test their "upgrades" to the website. I don't think it can be done adequately by Celebrity staffers, because they don't have the same experiences that regular clients of Celebrity have.

Totally agree, Eileen! And, I LOVE your ideas for a CC "sticky" and a beta-test group. :cool:

Edited by wwcruisers

I don't know what Cruise Critic (the Company) wants... But as a Celebrity Cruiser / Customer and Cruise Critic Poster... I appreciate the fact that you... (in this case the royal you = Celebrity) monitors this website. Although, I do realize (some I suppose don't) that YOU are but one person / rep of the Co working in their Social Media sector So YOU (one person) don't necessarily have all the answers, you merely are monitoring this Discussion Board on behalf of the company... And providing basic info / rerouting to others who may have the answers. In the same way that a Co Receptionist, or Telephone Operator, reroutes concerns. If THOSE PEOPLE (Departments) don't respond... Then it is not YOU who is at fault. The old "Don't shoot the messanger" theory

From what I have seen to date, I think that you, CC Member CELEBRITY CRUISES are active on this Discussion Board and do a good job fielding questions and routing CC Members to those they need to talk to / work with. As well as providing the CC Members with general info / Announcements about the company

Appreciate the above post and understandings, plus Don's comments, etc. Slowly, maybe, the word will get to the top Celebrity management for why they need to put in the resources and staff and money to make things better, more twenty-first century for tech performance, features, etc.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Back from doing a 14-day Celebrity Solstice, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure on this ship and getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for much more information and lots of wonderful pictures on these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 76,604 views for this fun posting.

Totally agree, Eileen! And, I LOVE your ideas for a CC "sticky" and a beta-test group. :cool:

Hi Wwcruisers,

I've suggested a beta test group idea to Celebrity numerous times, dating back at least 5 years - probably more. Unfortunately, I believe they have no interest in outsiders insights. Of course, it would likely be very helpful to their IT team. Who better to kick the tires, then some of their most active cruisers. Then again, what do I know ? :)

Edited by Host Andy

Hi Wwcruisers,

I've suggested a beta test group idea to Celebrity numerous times, dating back at least 5 years - probably more. Unfortunately, I believe they have no interest in outsiders insights. Of course, it would likely be very helpful to their IT team. Who better to kick the tires, then some of their most active cruisers. Then again, what do I know ? :)

I think this is a great idea, but I would suggest that they pull cruisers from all groups (new ones just beginning their cruising experiences to those that have cruised a lot), because you will get a wider range of opinions and ideas, instead of one group that might pretty much think the same and that might not be in agreement with the majority, especially since Celebrity sells to a wide range of customers. This is especially true when it comes to the IT department, you would want all ages, because let's face it, someone younger probably knows a whole lot more than us older folks when it comes computers....my friends daughters can run circles around me on the computer and I always thought I was pretty tech savvy, well that is until I saw what they could do. Edited by NLH Arizona

I think this is a great idea, but I would suggest that they pull cruisers from all groups (new ones just beginning their cruising experiences to those that have cruised a lot), because you will get a wider range of opinions and ideas, instead of one group that might pretty much think the same and that might not be in agreement with the majority, especially since Celebrity sells to a wide range of customers. This is especially true when it comes to the IT department, you would want all ages, because let's face it, someone younger probably knows a whole lot more than us older folks when it comes computers....my friends daughters can run circles around me on the computer and I always thought I was pretty tech savvy, well that is until I saw what they could do.

For the most part I agree NLH - though I believe they will get valuable input from those who know the brand and website best. Nonetheless, various levels of knowledge and experience should be included.

FWIW, I attended one beta testing session several years ago - and they had a very large group. Unfortunately, I thought the session was a bust, as everyone was talking over each other. Perhaps Celebrity remembers that session, and is one of the reasons why they do not seem to offer it any longer.

If Celebrity ever decides to public beta test again... If it's in person, IMO, they should keep the groups small. Ideally, perhaps they can allow folks to beta test from their pc's, then complete an online questionnaire, followed by an interview on the phone.

Edited by Host Andy

For the most part I agree NLH - though I believe they will get valuable input from those who know the brand and website best. Nonetheless, various levels of knowledge and experience should be included.

FWIW, I attended one beta testing session several years ago - and they had a very large group. Unfortunately, I thought the session was a bust, as everyone was talking over each other. Perhaps Celebrity remembers that session, and is one of the reasons why they do not seem to offer it any longer.

If Celebrity ever decides to public beta test again... If it's in person, IMO, they should keep the groups small. Ideally, perhaps they can allow folks to beta test from their pc's, then complete an online questionnaire, followed by an interview on the phone.

I agree, it would have to be a smaller group, with a facilitator who can control the group. The worse thing to happen in a group is if everyone isn't given the chance to talk equally as the others.

The reason I would be bent on having all age and cruising experience groups in equal numbers, is because unfortunately a 70 year old thinks differently and likes things differently than a 40 year old. The one thing I wouldn't like the cruise industry, especially Celebrity, to do is to go back to the days when everyone thought cruising was just for old folks. I remember when I took my first cruise in the 90's, my friends couldn't believe I was going to go on a cruise, because I was too young.

You have to have a balance of ideas, so that Celebrity can grow as a company and to do that they need to attract new customers, while keeping their existing customer base. And to do that you have to find out from those new customers what they are looking for, so that you can make some changes that would be beneficial to them and they just won't come on one cruise and find there isn't anything they are interested in and spend their vacation dollars elsewhere. No matter what a company brands itself, it really boils down to how that customer interpretes it. Just like if you ask everyone on here what is "modern luxury", you will probably get a ton of different answers. And none of the answers would be wrong, it is just that people interprete things differently.

BTW, totally agree with you, it would have to be in person, it never works on the phone or computer.

Edited by NLH Arizona

I too LOVE the idea of a Beta-Test Group made up of Celebrity Cruisers to work with the IT Dept... When / if they ever get around to being serious about providing a website that is a proactive presence for their Customers... Be those long timers or new ones

Agree with NLH ARIZONA (Reply # 15 & # 17) that different people may have different life experiences or expectations to add to the mix... Everyone from the new cruiser to the well seasoned, the young thru the mature ( as it is now, it works for few... Makes me wonder how many POTENTIAL Buyers Celebrity loses each day, week, month as users get frustrated with the website and choose to walk away... Believing that perhaps the whole Co / Cruise will be the same)

--- --- ---

As for the remainder of ELENA7SEAS excellent post (Reply # 7)...

I feel the Sticky idea is an excellent one. But I also fear it could easily become a free for all Complaint Post (with too much Emotion / Editorializing / Rebuttals etc... As ELENA7SEAS mentioned)... Like so many other threads here on the Board do. I blame this on people not reading posts correctly or entirely... Human nature on the Internet I suppose (rather think that than the other which is people don't know how to read or follow instructions any more )

I could see that such a Sticky might work if it was clearly labelled as a SUGGESTION BOX.

And it was maintained something like the one for M & S Class Cabins... People leave an input message... Some one monitors, creates a master list / spreadsheet... And gives updates on what is happening

Personally tho got to think from a business model... Who's responsibility is this ?

A CC Member, Cruise Critic, or Celebrity.

And if Celebrity wouldn't it be better served on their website thru a Survey or a Suggestion Box application ?

If here as a "sampling" (we care, we listen) then I guess if CC was ok with it, it could be a role that the CC Member CELEBRITY CRUISES Official Rep could take on

But at what cost ?

I do fear as I say that because of human nature it would quickly debase into a free for all mud fest.

So of no benefit to anyone.

Things are therefore probably best as they stand now on this CC Board.

Cruisers post Trip Reports, POVs, Gripes, Complaints and oh ya PRAISE as they see fit. And the CC member CELEBRITY CRUISES reads along and posts back as they see fit.

Here and there over time change happens (as I have said in my Reply here # 4) this is but ONE person monitoring this bit of Social Media... They are not necessarily THE COMPANY as a whole... Just one person in one job. They may or may not be able to find solutions to all problems (work miracles) they can only read / listen and pass on their thoughts to others in the same way a Co Receptionist or Telephone Operator routes people / calls

It would be ridiculous to think that IRL / 3D world that a Co Receptionist would PERSONALLY solve a large Co issue like the website / IT Dept, so WHY some think it is possible here on CC that the Social Media Rep / CC Member CELEBRITY CRUISES can is beyond logic.

--- --- ---

And to the OP

Quite frankly your tone is inappropriate, and bodering on threatening.

If you called up the Co by phone demanding such with this same tone... I am pretty sure the Telephone Operator / Receptionist would not answer your Question to your satisfaction either.

They would no doubt redirect your call to the Complaints Dept... Which is essentially what CC Member CELEBRITY CRUISES has done by giving you the email for "Concerns"

Good business practice, IMO

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

I feel the Sticky idea is an excellent one. But I also fear it could easily become a free for all Complaint Post (with too much Emotion / Editorializing / Rebuttals etc... As ELENA7SEAS mentioned)... Like so many other threads here on the Board do. I blame this on people not reading posts correctly or entirely... Human nature on the Internet I suppose (rather think that than the other which is people don't know how to read or follow instructions any more )

I could see that such a Sticky might work if it was clearly labelled as a SUGGESTION BOX.

I totally agree Mrs. Sloop. Although a great idea, I don't think it would work. Just look at when there is a guest from one of the cruise lines. Even though there are clear instruction about not putting personal issue on there, there are always the "what is the best shore excursion in xxx" or "I'm on this cruise, we will for sure stop at X" and a ton more.

Hi Wwcruisers,

Hi there, Andy! Every time I'm on a Solstice-Class ship, I remember Celebrity touting their "expert group of women cruisers" whose input supposedly went into the cabin/bathroom design. And, what did we get out of that? Those tiny bowl-type bathroom sinks are practically unusable.They took out the retractable clothesline that everyone used, and put in a foot rest for ladies shaving their legs (which doesn't work for me). They took away the real nightstands, and put storage (that I can't reach) over the bed. I'd really like to meet the women who helped design that cabin. In my imagination, the are over six feet tall, with furry legs -- and they certainly don't wear bathing suits or frilly unmentionables that require washing in the sink! :rolleyes:

Edited by wwcruisers

Hi there, Andy! Every time I'm on a Solstice-Class ship, I remember Celebrity touting their "expert group of women cruisers" whose input supposedly went into the cabin/bathroom design. And, what did we get out of that? Those tiny bowl-type bathroom sinks are practically unusable.They took out the retractable clothesline that everyone used, and put in a foot rest for ladies shaving their legs (which doesn't work for me). They took away the real nightstands, and put storage (that I can't reach) over the bed. I'd really like to meet the women who helped design that cabin. In my imagination, the are over six feet tall, with furry legs -- and they certainly don't wear bathing suits or frilly unmentionables that require washing in the sink! :rolleyes:

Hi Suzanne:

Your post gave me such a laugh. I can identify with almost everything you said (I do like the bar in shower though).

I think those six experts may have been women, but I doubt if they had spent very much time in a ship's stateroom....well, maybe in a larger suite where most of the issues you mentioned don't apply. That sink would still be a problem though. :p

I don't think their legs are furry, since they wanted the foot rest and are probably using it. LOL! Edited by NLH Arizona