HEADS UP 29 November 2015 Eurodam!!

IRL_Joanie

Heads up for any booked on the Eurodam 29 November through 10 December 2015!!!

Check your Email or Contact your TA IMMEDIATELY!!!!

Ship aint going and no idea as of yet why:(

Joanie is furious and now understands the anger others have shown on the boards:(

While the OBC's and other offerings are nice, they will not get me MY Stateroom:mad::mad::mad:

Joanie

According to above she is scheduled for dry dock 10 December - perhaps going in earlier or longer?

Perhaps. Or, it could be a charter or two. Those usually aren't this late, but it happens.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2208867&highlight=hal+charters

According to above she is scheduled for dry dock 10 December - perhaps going in earlier or longer?

Perhaps. Or, it could be a charter or two. Those usually aren't this late, but it happens.

Hubby is on the phone now with our PCC getting our ducks in for 6166 Oosterdam 16 November 2015.

As soon as he gets all the OBC's and other goodies we are getting squared away, I will ask her if she knows what is up.

EDITED: Info is Eurodam is going out of service for "Operational Reasons" we are thinking an extra week of dry dock.

I have to say that with this happening to us and keeping our calm *hard for me* we are ending up with, at this time...so far, $900.00 each in OBC.

Joanie

Edited by IRL_Joanie

Yes it does. We have had it happen as well but we adjusted our cruise and survived to enjoy it.

While we have no fear of such a long cruise as our 33 day Hawaii/Tahiti one for next April being chartered, there is always the possibility that the NA cruise we are booking to Alaska in early May might fall victim. If it does I guess we will have to live with it. We had planned to get off the Westerdam and hop on the NA two days later.

Yes it does. We have had it happen as well but we adjusted our cruise and survived to enjoy it.

While we have no fear of such a long cruise as our 33 day Hawaii/Tahiti one for next April being chartered, there is always the possibility that the NA cruise we are booking to Alaska in early May might fall victim. If it does I guess we will have to live with it. We had planned to get off the Westerdam and hop on the NA two days later.

That is an awesome vacation -- 33 days on the Westerdam and then an Alaskan cruise on the Nieuw Amsterdam.

That is an awesome vacation -- 33 days on the Westerdam and then an Alaskan cruise on the Nieuw Amsterdam.

Packing will be a challenge but we did it once before---combining a Panama repositioning cruise with a cruise to Alaska. We were going to be in Vancouver anyway and it was an opportunity to see Alaska without a long flight.

We enjoyed it so much we thought we would do it again this year.

Maybe we'll find out June 4 when Carnival Corp makes it's big announcement about what has never before been done in travel industry. :)

Alley Cats taking over for the HAL Cats? Hey, you just never know

Maybe something new and exciting being added to Eurodam

I've heard some chatter that a couple venues that will be built into Koningsdam are going to be rolled out first onto Eurodam. Not sure on the whats and hows but if they do enough and do it well then I would think it's definitely possible that it could take an extra week

I've heard some chatter that a couple venues that will be built into Koningsdam are going to be rolled out first onto Eurodam. Not sure on the whats and hows but if they do enough and do it well then I would think it's definitely possible that it could take an extra week

I think I read somewhere that one of them was the Lincoln Center venue for classical music

Maybe we'll find out June 4 when Carnival Corp makes it's big announcement about what has never before been done in travel industry. :)

It's the new water slide for those who don't follow rules- starts at the bow, does 6 loops around the ship and straight off the stern into the prop wash :D

So scary no one will ever do it twice.

I think I read somewhere that one of them was the Lincoln Center venue for classical music

which would likely mean that they will change up the Explorations Lounge (or I suppose the Ocean Bar if they want to centralize it, although that isn't the music performed there now.). Also heard the Billboard Onboard which is the piano bar.

Or it could be none of those things and something else instead... even if they announced it now just look at how SOE 2.0 went down. The 5 ships involved were all different. And even when they rolled it to Volendam and Zaandam it wasn't done the same...

Packing will be a challenge but we did it once before---combining a Panama repositioning cruise with a cruise to Alaska. We were going to be in Vancouver anyway and it was an opportunity to see Alaska without a long flight.

We enjoyed it so much we thought we would do it again this year.

One time we did the 21 day repositioning cruise from Ft Lauderdale to Seattle and then stayed on for another 7 days to do the Alaskan cruise.

which would likely mean that they will change up the Explorations Lounge (or I suppose the Ocean Bar if they want to centralize it, although that isn't the music performed there now.). Also heard the Billboard Onboard which is the piano bar.

Or it could be none of those things and something else instead... even if they announced it now just look at how SOE 2.0 went down. The 5 ships involved were all different. And even when they rolled it to Volendam and Zaandam it wasn't done the same...

It will be interesting to see what happens.

One time we did the 21 day repositioning cruise from Ft Lauderdale to Seattle and then stayed on for another 7 days to do the Alaskan cruise.

Then you know what I mean about the packing! :D

Joanie,

We are booked on the Nov.22/29 18 day cruise. When I saw your post, I immediately called HAL, and they told me our 18 day cruise is still just fine and scheduled to go. ??????

Why would they only cancel the latter part of this 2 segment cruise?

Joanie,

We are booked on the Nov.22/29 18 day cruise. When I saw your post, I immediately called HAL, and they told me our 18 day cruise is still just fine and scheduled to go. ??????

Your post piqued my interest - so I went to do a booking on your cruise and IRL_Joanie's - I got the same answer on both cruises on the HAL website. No bookings permitted and this is what popped up...

"We apologize, but this voyage has been closed. If you have questions, please contact Holland America."

It looks to me like yours is being cancelled too???

Joanie,

The cruise is not cancelled, just reduced by three days so that the ship can enter dry dock earlier than planned.