Carnival Conquest vs. Freedom OTS

kwazi07

Hi everyone!

For our next cruise in March we are stuck between these two ships. They're both six night itineraries. Considering the circumstances, which would you pick:

Pros for Freedom: the ship is larger, and I like how there's so much to do. Entertainment seems to be great, and we just like Royal, aft cabin

Cons: only okay ports (Cozumel, Costa Maya, and Grand Cayman). $3900 with no OBC.

Pros for Conquest: has the new-ish Carnival renovations, cheaper ($3500), some new ports for us (Nassau, Grand Turk, Amber Cove, and Half Moon Cay), we found Carnival's food better.

Cons: not a fan of Carnival's ship design/decor (to be fair, the only other Carnival ship we have been on is an older one), better room on Royal, I heard the entertainment is not as good, and less to do on the ship.

Which would y'all choose? I'm currently leaving towards Freedom, but the cheaper price and ports of Carnival are attractive.

Sent from Tapatalk

Andy.....have you posted the same question over on Royal's board? Bet you get the same percentage of people that say go for the Freedom over the Conquest. Cozumel and Costa Maya have two of the best all inclusive resorts on the ports of call board with Naci Cocum and Maya Chan. And Stingray City in Grand Cayman is a must do if you have not done it yet, would recommend Captain Marvin. Whereas you can stay on the ship in Nassau and chill on the beach or pool at all three of the other port stops on the Conquest.

Are you a drinker and are you going to purchase a drinks package? If so, then spending the money for Naci Cocum and Maya Chan would be double dipping and would be a moot point, but if not, then I would go on the Freedom.

Just off the Conquest we didn't mind it . Negatives buffet at night lacking in selection, nightly shows all music or dance which get boring for us, would prefer some variety shows!

Not sure if you are talking Royal Caribbean Freedom?

Definitely more activities if you like rock walls, flowrider and better shows, buffet at night more options.

We chose the Conquest this time for the cost and the ports as we cruise for the ports most of the time not the ship!

Hi Carnival friends, we decided to go with Royal's Freedom. Yesterday our price dropped $200, so we got a deal on a "Ben and Jerry's" cabin that includes free ice cream and concierge lounge access for cheaper than our original price! It's one of three cabins in all of Royal Caribbean's fleet, so I'm looking forward to it!

I WILL make it back to CCL one day...I sorely miss WCMC, and I somewhat even miss the Farcus interiors!

Hi Carnival friends, we decided to go with Royal's Freedom. Yesterday our price dropped $200, so we got a deal on a "Ben and Jerry's" cabin that includes free ice cream and concierge lounge access for cheaper than our original price! It's one of three cabins in all of Royal Caribbean's fleet, so I'm looking forward to it!

I WILL make it back to CCL one day...I sorely miss WCMC, and I somewhat even miss the Farcus interiors!

If you don't mind my asking, what is a "Ben and Jerry's" cabin? I have never heard that terminology before.

If you don't mind my asking, what is a "Ben and Jerry's" cabin? I have never heard that terminology before.

It's a cabin with an obstructed view of the Royal Promenade. There's a Ben and Jerry's store on the promenade with cows on the roof, and the window is obstructed by their butts. It's not listed on the deck plans or by Royal, you just need to select the cabin. It's available on only Freedom, Liberty, and Independence OTS.

To compensate, Royal gives you two free cups of Ben and Jerry's a day, access to the concierge lounge (because you are a "sweet" guest), and other suite perks.

Here's a video tour:

Sent from Tapatalk

I didn't realize the Ben & Jerry's cabins included CL access - nice! We've booked suites on RCI in the past and the CL was a real plus for us. As I recall though (unless they've moved it) the CL on Freedom class ships is kind of a small, dark room mid-ship on deck 10. But regardless, it's a nice perk.

It's a cabin with an obstructed view of the Royal Promenade. There's a Ben and Jerry's store on the promenade with cows on the roof, and the window is obstructed by their butts. It's not listed on the deck plans or by Royal, you just need to select the cabin. It's available on only Freedom, Liberty, and Independence OTS.

To compensate, Royal gives you two free cups of Ben and Jerry's a day, access to the concierge lounge (because you are a "sweet" guest), and other suite perks.

Here's a video tour:

Sent from Tapatalk

Thanks for the response and video. I saw that the cabin # was 6305 and that this cabin is a connecting cabin. You had said there were 2 of them on each ship. Do you know if the connecting cabin is the second one of these? It would appear so, as it seems the roof of the Ben and Jerry's also obstructs the connecting cabin. Thanks for the info.

Thanks for the response and video. I saw that the cabin # was 6305 and that this cabin is a connecting cabin. You had said there were 2 of them on each ship. Do you know if the connecting cabin is the second one of these? It would appear so, as it seems the roof of the Ben and Jerry's also obstructs the connecting cabin. Thanks for the info.

I don't recall saying there were two on each ship...but there are three in all of Royal's fleet (Freedom class only).

But I would be disappointed if I booked the cabin next door and I couldn't look down due to the roof!

Sent from Tapatalk

There is actually only one on each of the three ships that have them. Only #6305. Cabin 6307 does have a part of the roof, but not the cow rear ends so it is not really obstructed like the "cow butt" room! You just can't look straight down, but your view of any parades or activities in the Promenade would not be affected.

Here's a video tour:

Sent from Tapatalk

Ha! that actually sounds fun. I'll keep that in mind for the future...

We had this cabin the last time we were on Freedom of the Seas. It was fun, but felt small. The ice creams got larger as the week progressed!:D Be nice and tip the server at the shop (wink). You will have your fill of ice cream by week's end, certainly.

We enjoyed both Conquest and Freedom ots. Freedom does feel much larger, however. It's a trek from end to end. Conquest is lovelier in decor, to me. Both are fine choices. I did enjoy the novelty of the B&J Suite. There are a few odd surprises in the cabin; you'll love it!