Odyssey This Saturday- Two emails asking if I wanted to cancel?

RobertS975

OK, yesterday I received an email stating that my upcoming cruise (Odyssey out of IST on June 7th) is so popular, would I like to cancel and rebook a similar itinerary in August and receive a $200 credit. I ignored the "generous" offer!

Today I get another similar email asking me to call them either way, even if I was declining their great offer. So I call whatever 800 # was in the email, wait on hold for 10+ minutes just to say, "thanks but no thanks".

What a joke! First, just the change fees alone on my flights would dwarf the $200 discount on the future cruise. But I did not appreciate feeling like I had to make a call to say no to their offer.

Do they overbook cruises?

About 6 years ago our TA tried to reach us before we left on our precruise transatlantic flight to see if we were willing to cancel in exchange for a full refund and a free 7 day cruise. It turns out Seabourn was doing a photo shoot for their new brochure and they needed a number of suites for models, the photographer, and other ad agency employees there for the shoot. A far cry from what they offered you.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

OK, yesterday I received an email stating that my upcoming cruise (Odyssey out of IST on June 7th) is so popular, would I like to cancel and rebook a similar itinerary in August and receive a $200 credit. I ignored the "generous" offer!

Today I get another similar email asking me to call them either way, even if I was declining their great offer. So I call whatever 800 # was in the email, wait on hold for 10+ minutes just to say, "thanks but no thanks".

What a joke! First, just the change fees alone on my flights would dwarf the $200 discount on the future cruise. But I did not appreciate feeling like I had to make a call to say no to their offer.

Do they overbook cruises?

They ask you to call them either way because they will offer you a much more generous offer once they have you on the phone.

You would normally get offered a full refund and another cruise

They ask you to call them either way because they will offer you a much more generous offer once they have you on the phone.

You would normally get offered a full refund and another cruise

Quite right. One needs to look at the first offer as a paltry opening bid.

Now we know what is customary. Thanks.

I read it as a refund of the paid-for cruise and then just $200 off the replacement one, which would NOT be good. However, if the replacement cruise was free one might be more likely to be tempted.

Just saying ...

I cannot say with certainty what the Op received because I did not see his offer, But I saw my friend's offer and it was as I stated. Full refund, free cruise (from a limited selection) plus the $200.

Due to the popularity of the Odyssey departing on June 7th 2014 you are eligible for exceptional savings should you choose to change departure dates.

Contact us to accept or Decline the offer at 1-866-306-8792. Please see below for full terms and conditions.

Hurry! Offers are first come, first served — and space is very limited!

Special Offer

· Receive a 100% refund of the cruise fare plus $200 per cabin onboard credit to move to one of the following sailings:

·

o Odyssey, August 2nd

7-day Roundtrip Istanbul

o Odyssey, August 9th

7-day Istanbul to Athens

**Offer is not limited to the above departures, please inquire when you call

Call Seabourn at 1-866-306-8792

Terms & Conditions:

Offers are first come, first served and may be withdrawn at any time. Cruise fare refunds do not include government taxes. Guests are responsible for paying the taxes, fees & port expenses on the new reservation. Offer applies to first and second guests for triples and quads please inquire. Guests will be compensated for any out of pocket expenses such as air change fees, hotel cancellation fees, etc. Offer not limited to sailings listed above please call to inquire about other 2014 Seabourn sailings.

Do not reply to this email, as this address is not monitored.

Seabourn, 300 Elliott Avenue West, Seattle, Washington, 98119, USA www.seabourn.com

If the new cruise booking was free of charge, well frankly, that went completely over my head. That would have been a great deal, especially with them paying airline change fee and hotel fee if any.

This is the offer my friend received. It's very clear imo. Receive 100$ refund of the fare plus $200 per cabin onboard credit to move to one of three cruises.

You do of course mean 100% and not $

It is clear enough to understand for all

Well, in that case, it is a spectacular deal, especially since they offer to throw in your airline change fees down in the small print. One downside is that it may be harder to find discounted business class seats this close to the August dates, but then maybe not.

Well, in that case, it is a spectacular deal, especially since they offer to throw in your airline change fees down in the small print. One downside is that it may be harder to find discounted business class seats this close to the August dates, but then maybe not.

If the deal suits then you can take it if not then stick with plan A

Four years ago our 2 week Asia cruise on The Pride was overbooked. A week prior we were offered our money back to exchange this cruise for any cruise in the next 360 days for free. We could not take the offer but it was Sooo tempting.

• 1 month later...
This is the offer my friend received. It's very clear imo. Receive 100% refund of the fare plus $200 per cabin onboard credit to move to one of three cruises.

ok I must say that wasn't clear to me either. I would have read it the same way the original poster read it, as a 100% refund of the cruise I had booked, no deductions, then $200 credit off a different cruise (but one which I pay for at current rates) and ancillary expenses like airfares dealt with so I'm not out of pocket for making the switch.

That would have been not a very good deal. The reason I wouldn't have read it as full refund and switch to a new cruise for 0$ and get $200 credit is that would seem like way too GOOD a deal.