Dressing on Formal Nights

Sweetpea711423

Hi. My husband and I will be on a Silversea cruise from Rome to Venice for 9 nights in April 2017. There is one formal night. It happens to fall on my birthday. I'm thinking that it might be nice to go to Le Champagne for a celebration. Would my husband be able to go wearing a blue blazer with tan pants and a tie, or would we be banished from locations that require formal wear? We don't want to take a tuxedo for just one night, and he doesn't own a dark suit. Thanks for your help.

Hi. My husband and I will be on a Silversea cruise from Rome to Venice for 9 nights in April 2017. There is one formal night. It happens to fall on my birthday. I'm thinking that it might be nice to go to Le Champagne for a celebration. Would my husband be able to go wearing a blue blazer with tan pants and a tie, or would we be banished from locations that require formal wear? We don't want to take a tuxedo for just one night, and he doesn't own a dark suit. Thanks for your help.

You might get the odd glance from some guests but you will be perfectly acceptable. Have a great time.

• 2 weeks later...
How do you know which nights will be formal? I am trying to plan for my upcoming SS cruise and cannot find this information anywhere?
unfortunately, it's impossible to tell. My Silversea told us 1-night and we had 2-nights on our 7-day Caribbean voyage. Just be prepared is all I can say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shots

If you go to MySilversea and pull up your cruise you will find it when you click on Shore/Dining/Spa. You will see which days are formal. Hope this helps.

Fitz

Did that, doesn't tell me! :-(

EDIT: I found it! Thank you!

Edited by ShotsnCruises

• 2 weeks later...

It's your birthday, sweetpea, you can dress to the nines if you so wish, let your husband dress to the minimum requirements of the dress code, if he so wishes... You just have a good time. I always overdress and don't care if my husband doesn't. I just love to dress up!! If you do, you will find many ladies doing as much.

Did that, doesn't tell me! :-(

EDIT: I found it! Thank you!

Good stuff... For anyone unsure.... its in "activities" of your cruise booking and shown in the left hand column with the date. Its showing up fine on my next, but the one after thats 160 odd days out isn't. I suspect it appears on 120 days.

It's your birthday, sweetpea, you can dress to the nines if you so wish, let your husband dress to the minimum requirements of the dress code, if he so wishes... You just have a good time. I always overdress and don't care if my husband doesn't. I just love to dress up!! If you do, you will find many ladies doing as much.

That is so true. I read your response to my husband, and we both laughed. I will indeed dress up. I love it too. Who cares if my husband thinks that putting on a tie is the ultimate sacrifice!?!