SS suite perks

innlady1

We just took an upsell to a Signature Suite on our upcoming Oosterdam cruise. We have always been in a Veranda stateroom.

What are the perks for the SS suites...if anything else besides size!

Congrats on the upsell :)

From the HAL site:

SIGNATURE SUITE AMENITIES

New premium duvet, and soft, cotton bathrobes and slippers

New binoculars for use during voyage

Teak-lined private verandah

A variety of firm, medium and soft pillows

No-host mini-bar for easy entertaining

One-touch telephone concierge service

Fresh flowers

Umbrellas for your use on the cruise

The duvets & binoculars are new.

Well done, Sheila. I love the SS suites, and am quite content with having one if I don't get an upgrade or upsell to a Neptune. To me, the only benefit of the Neptune over the SS is breakfast in the PG - but DH got fed up with that, prefers a quiet room service breakfast - and the Neptune Lounge which we didn't use for much more than getting coffee. Enjoy your cruise.:)

Well done, Sheila. I love the SS suites, and am quite content with having one if I don't get an upgrade or upsell to a Neptune. To me, the only benefit of the Neptune over the SS is breakfast in the PG - but DH got fed up with that, prefers a quiet room service breakfast - and the Neptune Lounge which we didn't use for much more than getting coffee. Enjoy your cruise.:)

Thanks, Lizzie! We had a suite on the Maasdam and all I can recall was the telephone concierge. I'm just looking forward to a separate shower and the size of the room.

Edited by innlady1

Congrats on the upsell :)

From the HAL site:

SIGNATURE SUITE AMENITIES

New premium duvet, and soft, cotton bathrobes and slippers

New binoculars for use during voyage

Teak-lined private verandah

A variety of firm, medium and soft pillows

No-host mini-bar for easy entertaining

One-touch telephone concierge service

Fresh flowers

Umbrellas for your use on the cruise

The duvets & binoculars are new.

Thank you, Jacqui! I thought I read somewhere about a coffeemaker. No?

Edited by innlady1

I was just in SS 6092 on the Eurodam three weeks ago. It was a surprise upgrade at the pier (from an VA Verandah). The balcony is 50% larger and the bathroom has the separate shower & jetted tub, plus dual sinks. The room overall is larger than a verandah also.

I loved it.

I shared my pictures with halfacts if you want a look....

We just took an upsell to a Signature Suite on our upcoming Oosterdam cruise. We have always been in a Veranda stateroom.

What are the perks for the SS suites...if anything else besides size!

Sheila, We got one also,,,,, YEA. What sail date? Wondering if they serve the lobster in the Lido on the second formal night, we don't want to dress up?? Linda

Sheila, We got one also,,,,, YEA. What sail date? Wondering if they serve the lobster in the Lido on the second formal night, we don't want to dress up?? Linda

February 3, Linda. I don't know if they do...We've always gone to the MDR.

I know it's a different ship on the other coast of Florida, but the Eurodam had lobster tails in the Lido on the 2nd formal night. My understanding is that the Nieuw Amsterdam does as well.

Innlady, we are in a Neptune on deck 6, the lounge is on deck 7. At 6 in the morning who wants to get dressed and drag themselves up a deck just to get a cup of coffee? Lol

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'll take the cappucino or latte out of those machines in the NS versus what we have in the cabin. But, if we have to get up really early, then it's the only choice;). I've seen a number of people in the NL in bathrobes over time. I prefer to be dressed. ;)

LOL! That's dumb...when the occupants there have access to the Neptune Lounge. A "duh" moment.

Actually, I thought the coffee maker in the NS was wonderful because of the immediate access to coffee. The Neptune Lounge is not always that close to the NS cabins, and, then, too, one must get dressed.

Actually, I thought the coffee maker in the NS was wonderful because of the immediate access to coffee. The Neptune Lounge is not always that close to the NS cabins, and, then, too, one must get dressed.

The coffee maker in the suite is nice for that cup while you are getting ready in the morning. We used ours alot even though we were close to the Neptune Lounge.

It did seem to me that fewer people were using the NL in the mornings than I have experienced in past sailings (makes sense I guess).

Edited by DaveOKC

I didn't know that the Maasdam has SS suites. Is this something new?

Maasdam has VISTA suites instead of Signature. They are alot smaller.

As to Signature Suites - they are really a good deal for us since we are 4 Star and already get some of the Neptune perks (VIP boarding/disembarkation/tenders, free laundry, etc.) and they are considerably less expensive.

I didn't know that the Maasdam has SS suites. Is this something new?

It was BA220. Now called a Vista Suite. Don't know what it was called then (2010 or 2011???). Only reason I realized it was a suite after we arrived was because we had the concierge phone service and I received double days on my Mariner Status!

The double days for your Mariner status indeed is a perk when they renamed these as 'suites". But they also compare very favorably to what other cruise lines sell as "suites" square footage wise, so just calling them "verandah" cabins as in the past was not really a competitive description for other cruise line "verandah cabins. They older HAL ship larger verandah cabins fell somewhere in between. So now they are "suites". Crazy world of words.

Edited by OlsSalt

Back to the OP posts. We were on the Oosterdam for 3 weeks in Nov/Dec 2016, SS cabin 6072.

Extras include binoculars, umbrella and a 50" flat screen tv. Really liked that.

Also bathroom is huge; two sink vanity with separate shower which seemed small, or maybe I have gotten larger.

Just what exactly does a phone concierge do for you? This will be my first time in an SY suite.

Any other perks?

I remember on the Maasdam, when I called Guest Relations, they addressed me by name. But, then, they do that anyway. So I'm not really sure to tell you the truth!

Just what exactly does a phone concierge do for you?

I asked the telephone concierge to arrange glassware, ice, wine bucket, napkins, and munchies for a little gathering.

All was set up nicely, without me even being there! And the clean-up was done right after---again, without me being there.

I was very pleased.

Other than that, I didn't use the service. When I wanted reservations at Pinnacle, it was just as easy to do that myself. Easier, in that had I not been able to get my first choice, there would have been immediate communication to make suitable arrangements. I was able to deal with the Front Desk more easily than going through the telephone when I had a question, too.