Hump Cabin Warning

D&beach&J

That's the one, standing up there you just can't help looking at your neighbors. at least in a regular balcony you only get people looking at you if they lean out and look back. it's just an odd setup

Oh, well I don't mind my neighbors looking at me or me at them when I'm at that section, I'm a friendly outgoing person though - most of the time;)

Yes Hump cabins are the worse....bad very bad on Radiance class ships, I had center hump 9th deck on Serenade.....Very Bad very very bad! So please do not book these hump cabins, leave them for me so I can suffer through everything that is wrong with them. I will take the suffering so you all don't have to.

Thank You in Advance for not booking them! :cool:

Brillo! Don't know if you remember me from our Freedom cruise ;) I see you and your son are sailing exactly one month before us on the Oasis! Have an awesome cruise - we're really looking forward to this one :D

Howdy!

Yes, headed to Oasis in a few weeks, but unsure if the boy is going to be able to join me -- his grades have NOT been up to par, and that was our deal for cruising during the school year. :rolleyes:

We're hitting Freedom again in April 2017.... got the Cow Butt Sweet for that cruise!

p.s.

your hydration cure for hangovers has helped us more than once since our cruise :p

YAY! :D

Glad to have been able to help.... although I think that makes me an "enabler" to use the vernacular! :eek:

Yes Hump cabins are the worse....bad very bad on Radiance class ships, I had center hump 9th deck on Serenade.....Very Bad very very bad! So please do not book these hump cabins, leave them for me so I can suffer through everything that is wrong with them. I will take the suffering so you all don't have to.

Thank You in Advance for not booking them! :cool:

I would agree, not sure which is worse the Hump or the true AFT cabins

We wimped out and switched out of 8102 for our Brilliance TA cruise. We are near the front elevators now and on the port side (supposedly better for TAs). Wife is happier. Happy wife, happy life!

Lee

Why is it better being Forward on a TA ?

I take it neither you or her are bothered by motion sickness.

George

I just recently stayed in a hump cabin on the Jewel. Second room from the Centrum and we didn't have a single noise issue. In fact it was my favorite room because it was so convenient and had the large balcony to boot!

I'm pretty sure Guest Services can have someone close the door to the Centrum for you as well. I've heard of people requesting that in the past.

Lee

George

Cast iron stomachs. 25 foot waves on the Tasman sea and no problems.

We are close to the front elevators. Not all the way forward!

Cast iron stomachs. 25 foot waves on the Tasman sea and no problems.

We are close to the front elevators. Not all the way forward!

Good on the cast iron stomachs , but why is it better being Forward on a TA ?

We wimped out and switched out of 8102 for our Brilliance TA cruise. We are near the front elevators now and on the port side (supposedly better for TAs). Wife is happier. Happy wife, happy life!

Lee

George

Maybe I misunderstood, but I took eel's post to mean the port side was better for the TA, not forward.

Maybe I misunderstood, but I took eel's post to mean the port side was better for the TA, not forward.

What I meant to say (but didn't) was that STARBOARD side is better for an eastbound TA. We were in a port side cabin (8102) on the Centrum before. Now we are in a starboard side cabin near the forward elevators. It is being starboard that is good. Forward is neither good nor bad (except for motion sickness).

I think I finally have said this right!

Hi,

Do you know if cabins 9586 and 9588 on Radiance of the seas have noise issue?

We have these cabins for Alaska cruise on next June.

I know that they are at the hump, but i'm not sure if they have the same noise problem that you have mention above.

What I meant to say (but didn't) was that STARBOARD side is better for an eastbound TA. We were in a port side cabin (8102) on the Centrum before. Now we are in a starboard side cabin near the forward elevators. It is being starboard that is good. Forward is neither good nor bad (except for motion sickness).

I think I finally have said this right!

Thanks for clarifying.:)

That's the one, standing up there you just can't help looking at your neighbors. at least in a regular balcony you only get people looking at you if they lean out and look back. it's just an odd setup

John, I agree with you on this one. Not just from the open sides, but everyone above you looking down at you. Creepy was the correct word for me also. ;)

John, I agree with you on this one. Not just from the open sides, but everyone above you looking down at you. Creepy was the correct word for me also. ;)

That still doesn't matter to me - about like some of the aft balconies - and you can only see if a person goes out to the rail. having a lounger to read and nap on in addition to chair & table make it allll worth it:D

That still doesn't matter to me - about like some of the aft balconies - and you can only see if a person goes out to the rail. having a lounger to read and nap on in addition to chair & table make it allll worth it:D

hmmm...on the real plus side with those exposed balconies, you sure do get a lot of sun! :)

Looking at AOS possibly for next year- is it better to be in the center of the hump or toward the edges? Which gives the biggest balcony?

Assuming you are asking about Adventure, the hump balcony sizes are the same. Go center hump for the best view.

Hump cabins are great! We book GS and OS on the hump on Radiance class ships and never have problems with noise. They now close the fire doors and problem solved. If they don't on your cruise, call Guest Services and they will close them if band is playing after 10ish. FWIW

• 6 months later...
This is why we like to stay at least 6 staterooms away from the centrum on Radiance and Vision class ships.

The doors in that hallway are held open automatically by magnets, I wonder if it would be a big rule breaker to close the door the way they do on embarkation. (It probably would) . I have 50 and 75% hearing loss so it didn't bother me. Great cabin with a big balcony. I think we went to bed around midnight most nights. My wife said she heard it, but she could sleep through Armageddon.