Anthem keeps docking us around

shaun07

So yesterday the captain Told us we would be docking at 6am Wednesday morning. Then today at noon they said they didn't know what time we would be docking and would know for sure at 3pm. At 3pm they said hey will know at 5pm.

Come on rccl find out. People just want to come home.

Edited by shaun07

So yesterday the captain Told us we would be docking at 6am Wednesday morning. Then today at noon they said they didn't know what time we would be docking and would know for sure at 3pm. At 3pm they said hey will know at 5pm.

Shaun, I know you are stressed with this whole situation but you really need to look at the big picture.

http://www.intellicast.com/National/Radar/Current.aspx

They are doing their best to keep you guys safe.

so yesterday the captain told us we would be docking at 6am wednesday morning. Then today at noon they said they didn't know what time we would be docking and would know for sure at 3pm. At 3pm they said hey will know at 5pm.

i feel sorry for all onboard.this has been handled very poorly by rcci since you guys left port.very bad way to do business

And RCCL needs to find out when the port has berthing space, a pilot, tugs (if needed), longshoremen to offload bags and immigration officials to get people through customs.

I don't pretend to understand what you all have been through nor how anxious you must be to get back on land.

It becoming so frustrating. Just want to know. I feel bad for anyone who had to pay to change flights and now will have to change again but have no idea as to when.

It doesn't make sense that the port of NY would not be willing to accommodate rccl and give them a time slot knowing that everyone on board has a very dramatic experience.

I realize I may not be sounding to rational but I JUST WANT OFF

Edited by shaun07

There is also continued bad weather up the eastern coast that they are trying to avoid. Out local meteorologist here in NY area wondering why they'd be headed back to NJ into the storms off shore so maybe they now have to route to avoid.

Or maybe they've uncovered unanticipated damage as they've been sailing back and can only go a slower speed now.

It becoming so frustrating. Just want to know. I feel bad for anyone who had to pay to change flights and now will have to change again but have no idea as to when.

It doesn't make sense that the port of NY would not be willing to accommodate rccl and give them a time slot know that everyone on board has a very dramatic experience.

They could be delaying because of the weather near Philadelphia. I know it is snowing lightly in Newark right now, my DH is at the airport there now waiting for a flight home.

Hang in there!

As I wrote below: The experts are lining up and saying RCI Really Screwed up and people other than Royal Cheerleaders need to know

The 168,666-ton vessel should not have sailed southward from New York into the path of the growing weather system, which eventually packed winds of up to 100 mph and created waves higher than 20 to 30 feet, WeatherBell meteorologist Ryan Maue told USA TODAY.

It doesn't make sense that the port of NY would not be willing to accommodate rccl and give them a time slot knowing that everyone on board has a very dramatic experience.

I realize I may not be sounding to rational but I JUST WANT OFF

Don't blame you a bit! Many of us would be down to our last shred of patience (speaking for the type-A's of the world!) I hope you can be patient with whomever you are cruising with and not let the frustration turn into a short temper. It must be very hard, but you are almost home. Hang in there!

I don't know CC has not been this interesting in a long time.

Plus I now know what formerly banned members new names are.

So, the more the merrier. Everybody put their big boy and big girl panties on and don't take things in an anonymous forum personally.

JC.

JMHO and YMMV:D

I totally understand the frustration the OP is feeling. We were once on a cruise threatened by a tropical storm. Flights were cancelled in anticipation of the storm. No one knew when the cruise was going to end. We "hid" on the protected side of an island to miss the worst. Port closed in anticipation of the storm. No one knew anything! No way to make plans. When it all blew past and we were able to dock, we boarded one plane not knowing if our connecting flight would take off. I personally am one of those people whose control issues have control issues. Not fun.

Just hang in there. It will all work out somehow and you will get home. Try to find something fun to do. DD and I managed to have a great afternoon in the solarium pool that had turned into a wave pool. It has become one of our best cruise memories.

i feel sorry for all onboard.this has been handled very poorly by rcci since you guys left port.very bad way to do business

Have patience. Im on here too. The captin and the crew are doing the best they can in this situation. The cruise is free, they gave us free movies, internet is free, we get 50% on our next cruise of the same price. We are arriving three days earlier then we're supposed to, people have to figure this mess out.

Have patience. Im on here too. The captin and the crew are doing the best they can in this situation. The cruise is free, they gave us free movies, internet is free, we get 50% on our next cruise of the same price. We are arriving three days earlier then we're supposed to, people have to figure this mess out.

I know just hate being left in the dark. He did say he would be back at 5pm to tell us right?

its obvious to those who have a mind to see things clearly. No need to make excuses here because he did not manage to let the ship sink.

Amen! This guy needs to be fired and charged not praised!... And Royal Caribbean needs to learn a lot about customer service. They are not very accommodating to people that have upcoming sailings on this ship and want to know what is going on. I wonder how they are when family members of the folks that are on the ship now are calling for information!

There's no question about a berth being available. Anthem is the only ship that docks at Cape Liberty at this time of the year.

That part might be true. However, do you wish to dock and 100% of the people offload their own luggage after someone on board the ship somehow hops off and ties the thing to the dock?

When there are no ships scheduled to dock, the people who pilot the ships into the dock, tie it up, set up the walkways, unload the luggage, inspect the people coming off, arrange transportation from the pier and on and on, are off working elsewhere. It is not always possible to round up a decent sized contingent of works on a moments notice, not to mention union rules, to take care of 5,000 passengers.

Events such as this, do peel back the nasty side of American expectationalism (new word). Relax and enjoy. As long as you are on the ship, eat drink and be merry.

I think he's a self-proclaimed meteorologist, actually.

The two of you are not even on that cruise. This guy has every right to question and to know what is going on. They've been through enough. They need the information to make plans and they are entitled to it. If Royal doesn't know they need to figure it out and keep these passengers informed. It is the very least they can do.

So why don't you get a hotel room for a couple days and use your booked flight. I read where some are doing that. See the sights

Not everybody is financially prepared to do that. Some people actually have to save for vacation. Plus the hotel prices in NYC are very expensive.

That part might be true. However, do you wish to dock and 100% of the people offload their own luggage after someone on board the ship somehow hops off and ties the thing to the dock?

When there are no ships scheduled to dock, the people who pilot the ships into the dock, tie it up, set up the walkways, unload the luggage, inspect the people coming off, arrange transportation from the pier and on and on, are off working elsewhere. It is not always possible to round up a decent sized contingent of works on a moments notice, not to mention union rules, to take care of 5,000 passengers.

Events such as this, do peel back the nasty side of American expectationalism (new word). Relax and enjoy. As long as you are on the ship, eat drink and be merry.

Relax and Enjoy??? That ship has sailed. It is RCI's obligation to put all the things that need to be arranged in place and let these people know pronto. Their lives were put at risk, their vacation is ruined and they have had enough. This was not some fun wild ride here.