Dinner Attire and Private Excursions Questions...

kaytbates

Hello cruising friends! My DH and I are first time cruisers, taking a seriously belated honeymoon/babymoon (we've been married 6 years and are on baby #2) in January 2016 aboard Carnival's Magic (headed for Montego Bay, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel).

I have two pressing questions:

1. For dinner attire (resort casual and formal nights), is that for all restaurants, or just the main dining rooms?

2. Where in the heck can I find some information on private excursions? From vacations of my youth I know that the smaller, more intimate tours offer much better experiences, and since this will be my husbands first ever real vacation, I want to give him the best experience possible.

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Just the main dining room...and on Carnival, it's "elegant"...not "formal" night anymore.

A guidebook will really help you decide WHAT you want to do. After you know that, go to the 'Port of Call" boards, and pick your destination...see what others have done and how they did it! Google is also your friend!

Edited by cb at sea

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

For all the Carnival info you will ever need, venture over to the portion of Cruise Critic devoted to Carnival, located here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=215

You will find lots of private tour info if you look on the Ports boards, here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=587

Edited by CruiserBruce

Hi & Welcome to Cruise Critic!

The dress code is for the Main Dining Room only.

The Elegant nights really aren't all that elegant ... you can just wear something you'd wear for a "nice event" at home.

A good place to find information on private excursions is to go to the Ports of Call forum here on Cruise Critic and check under each of your ports of call.

You might also want to go to your Roll Call to see if anyone there is trying to put together an excursion.

Look forward to having a GREAT cruise! :)

LuLu

Pretend your on a date with hubby ......You need to be dressed cute and sexy for dinner ever night. Even if you have to wear the same thing twice on the cruise.

Actually, you don't. I understand what you are saying, and maybe it was a joke, but I feel this is erroneous information to give to a new cruiser who is sincerely asking about it.

Hello cruising friends! My DH and I are first time cruisers, taking a seriously belated honeymoon/babymoon (we've been married 6 years and are on baby #2) in January 2016 aboard Carnival's Magic (headed for Montego Bay, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel).

I have two pressing questions:

1. For dinner attire (resort casual and formal nights), is that for all restaurants, or just the main dining rooms? the buffet is a little more relaxed but you really cannot just go up in your bathing suit either.

2. Where in the heck can I find some information on private excursions? From vacations of my youth I know that the smaller, more intimate tours offer much better experiences, and since this will be my husbands first ever real vacation, I want to give him the best experience possible. on the port of call boards and by doing research on your own for each stop.

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

the Specialty restaurants tend to be smart casual every night including Formal nights. if they are an exception, that will be clearly indicated/posted.

grab a Frommers Guide to each port stop