hotels in seattle

lauren0309

How far out should I book my hotel reservation in Seattle. I still have 9 months to go but I'm sure hotels fill up fast. Also any suggestions where to stay? We want to be near pikes market. Is that considered downtown Seattle?

We stayed at the Pan Pacific and it was super nice, they even furnished an SUV to take us to pier 91 on departure morning at no charge.

We did have a short taxi ride to Pike Market.

Mike:)

We booked a few months in advance at a hotel near the airport. No problems with booking and we used the light rail directly across the street to get to Seattle. From there it's an easy walk to pikes place.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Last year when we went out on HAL we stayed at the Sheraton downtown, it was a short 5 block walk down Pike St to Pike's Market. Lots of other stuff, shopping and food options, etc in walking distance too. Just be aware it is a LONG trip from the airport to downtown, as I recall it took us about an hour on the shuttle bus.

Edited by PenguinLife

Last year when we went out on HAL we stayed at the Sheraton downtown, it was a short 5 block walk down Pike St to Pike's Market. Lots of other stuff, shopping and food options, etc in walking distance too. Just be aware it is a LONG trip from the airport to downtown, as I recall it took us about an hour on the shuttle bus.

I am seconding the Sheraton as a nice place to stay pre-cruise.

Also, regarding Pike Street to the Market from the hotel, it is remarkably flat 5 short blocks.

We have always taken a taxi from the airport to downtown and it is really about 30mins at non peak times.

It is another 15 mins or so from the hotel to pier 91.

So one must stay near the airport, near downtown or near the pier as they are all pretty far apart in Seattle.

Mike:)

How far out should I book my hotel reservation in Seattle. I still have 9 months to go but I'm sure hotels fill up fast. Also any suggestions where to stay? We want to be near pikes market. Is that considered downtown Seattle?

Stayed at the Silver Cloud Stadium location...

http://www.silvercloud.com/

Right next to the Mariners and Seahawks fields.

Could see part of a baseball game from our room.

Brewery bar across the street, Krispy Kreme and Starbucks close by.

20 minute walk to Pike Market and a free shuttle to the pier.

Traffic was a big issue on the shuttle bus from the airport for us, we arrived mid afternoon well before traditional rush hour, I think time from the Sheraton to the pier on the HAL bus was less than 15 minutes though. My real surprise about the Seattle cruise terminal was just how efficient of operation it was compared to all our other cruises which have been out of Galveston. They had well organized traffic flow, plenty of bus parking, lots of covered walkways, and very fast processing once inside even though lots of people were arriving. From the time we stepped off the bus until we were onboard the ship was just over 15 minutes, by comparison we have spent longer than 15 minutes in traffic in Galveston just trying to drop off luggage.

I also stayed at the Sheraton just a few weeks ago and it was perfect. The rates were very good compared to neighboring downtown hotels. We took the light rail train to and from Seatac airport to downtown which stops one block from the Sheraton and it's only $2.75 per person. There are areas to put your luggage and the ride was about 40 minutes.

Inn at the Market, it is a half block from Pike Place Market.

My favorite hotel in Seattle is the Mayflower Park, located in the middle of downtown at Westlake Center, and only three blocks from Pikes Market. The Monorail to the Space Needle leaves from Westlake Center. If you're a shopper, the hotel is across the street from Macy's, and you usually get a Macy's discount coupon when you check in. Nordstrom is only one block away (sorry guys :)). The Mayflower Park is a smaller Boutique hotel with reasonably priced nicely appointed rooms, and great service. Also a nice restaurant, and a great cocktail bar happy hour for the husbands to enjoy while the ladies are across the street! BTW, wherever you are in Seattle, there's a Starbucks close by! Taxi to downtown not more than 30 minutes. You can take the shuttle, which takes much longer, but really you won't save much if anything since the shuttle price is per person. I recommend the cab. I'd say you have plenty of time to book, since you're still nine months away. Hotels get really busy in Seattle in July and August. Enjoy. It's a great city.

Wow I didn't realize it was such a long drive from the airport to the downtown hotels. So would a shuttle be cheaper than a taxi? Also how far is the cruise terminal from downtown?

Check out Shuttle Express for airport to downtown (we used them airport to pier). In theory you make a reservation for a specific time, but in practice you get your luggage, head upstairs into the garage and check in at their desk. They group you with other folks on a specific van and off you go. The ONLY problem we had was it is a noisy waiting area and it is hard to hear the ladies calling your name for the van. Otherwise, worked great!

It's easy to take the light rail into Seattle and avoid traffic altogether.

We like the Sheraton, the Westin and Mayflower Park, all of which are easy walking to downtown and the Market.

I second this. We took the light rail from airport and got off at the station just a few hundred feet from the Westin downtown.

As for when to book...as soon as you can (as long as there is free cancellation )

the prices went up as we got closer to sailing.

We stayed at the Maxwell and really liked the hotel and service...the even have a free shuttle during the day to the local attractions. The have a van that takes you to Pier 91 for $7.00.

WE just stayed at the Inn at the Market a week ago after our Alaska cruise. This is a perfect location and they will store your luggage before and after check in and out. Great rooftop area to view the Sound and Mount Rainier. It might be a bit more expensive but well worth the convenience for the waterfront and dining options, plus being a part of the Market. I believe it fills up quickly....we booked two months in advance and they were near full.

eclue:)

I will second (or is it 3rd) on the Mayflower Park hotel

it is definitely within walking distance of the market, plus lots of local restaurants.

You can take the overhead railway from around the corner to the space needle (go to the chihuly gardens)

I have stayed at the Marriott, the Sheraton, the Weston, the Hilton, and the W (twice). I will never stay at the W again. Our second experience was a boondoggle. For what we booked to stay there, we could have gone to the Fairmount for just a few dollars more.

I would probably investigate a Kimpton property, like the Monaco or Vintage.

We alway book Already There. Charlotte is great, and it is only a few dollars more than a cab.

I just returned last week from an Alaska cruise and stayed at the Moore Hotel one night before and two nights after. The Moore is a historic hotel from 1907 or so located at 2nd and Virginia. 2 blocks to Pike Market. No air conditioning but the windows open and in Seattle you don't need it. Took the light rail to get there but wouldn't recommend it because Seattle's sidewalks aren't in the best shape to roll luggage on but only cost $2.25. We had a regular room with queen and a twin and a bath with a clawfoot tub the night before for $120 including tax. We had a suite for the 2 nights after which had a living room area and microwave and refrig for $150 a night. I used UberX to get to the pier and back to the airport. Highly recommend this. Cars would pick up within 3 minutes of a call even at 4:45am. Cost to the pier was $12 on UberX and when we came back on Yellow cab it was over $20. You have to set up the Uber app on your smart phone ahead of time but it will automatically charge the fare and you just need cash for tip.

Wow I didn't realize it was such a long drive from the airport to the downtown hotels. So would a shuttle be cheaper than a taxi? Also how far is the cruise terminal from downtown?

We were there last weekend and followed the advice of our Hotel to take the light rail downtown from the airport.

Really easy to get on the light rail from the airport, it's in the parking garage and not much farther then the shuttle stops with easy to follow signs. You can buy a day pass for around $5 I think and it's a pleasant ride to the end of the line at Westlake station. It would bit of a walk with your luggage depending on your hotel but not too far to Pikes Market.