How are Sirena and former ocean Princess different now

Minoushka

I have been on Ocean Princess just wondering how it has. Been altered to be ome Sirena

I liked the cabins and allbut found entertainment venues lacking ...nor cannot imagine where they put specialty restaurants

Who has been on both ....whats different or better ?

I have been on Ocean Princess just wondering how it has. Been altered to be ome Sirena

I liked the cabins and allbut found entertainment venues lacking ...nor cannot imagine where they put specialty restaurants

No-one has been on Sirena yet, its inaugural voyage is in April, however, I believe O has publicized some of its plans for the makeover, including new specialty restaurants, etc.

The "Fine Art" Gallery is gone as is the Photo Gallery, but otherwise not much has changed except what they call some of the rooms. For example, the Panorama Buffet is now the Terrace Restaurant, while the Restaurant part of the Club Restaurant and Bar is now the Grand Dining Room, the bar part is now Baristas by day and the Grand Bar by night.

The Specialty Restaurants are where the Specialty Restaurants were (even during Princess Days), except now they are called Red Ginger and Tuscan Steak instead of Sabatinis and Sterling Steakhouse.

All of these changes are spelled out, if you peruse the Deck Plans, on the Oceania Site. ;)

Edited by StanandJim

Not much can be done about cabin sizes; all 8 of the R ships were similar (except 2 did not originally have larger cabins on deck 8). Oceania is supposed to be removing the tub/shower combos in penthouse and above cabins (don't know what they were called on Ocean Princess) and replacing them with walk-in showers.

All soft materials will be upgraded, especially the mattresses. The Tranquility mattresses on Oceania have always been fabulous, but Sirena will be the first to get new Ultra Tranquility mattresses.

In keeping with Oceania tradition, virtually everything on the ship will appear to be new. It's difficult to believe their ships are 14 to 18 years old!

I am looking forward to the Sirena, Oceania is spending forty million to bring her up to snuff.

We were told changes will be made to the Oceania specialty restaurants. There will be a combined Polo and Toscano restaurant called Tuscan Steak. There will be a Red Ginger. The GDR is supposed to feature the Jacques menu for lunch.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

We are booked in a Penthouse Suite ( cabin 8000) on Sirena and have been told by our TA that our suite will have a tub.( bath)

I hope this is correct as my wife and I like a soak before getting ready for the evening.

Can anybody confirm this?

Kind regards,

MK Lions.

Hi all,

We are booked in a Penthouse Suite ( cabin 8000) on Sirena and have been told by our TA that our suite will have a tub.( bath)

I hope this is correct as my wife and I like a soak before getting ready for the evening.

Kind regards,

MK Lions.

See Hondorner's reply above. Specifically this part;

" Oceania is supposed to be removing the tub/shower combos in penthouse and above cabins (don't know what they were called on Ocean Princess) and replacing them with walk-in showers. "

All the other R ships do have the tubs in the PH level room I believe.

So from the information that has been posted here and a couple of other threads the answer is no, you will not have a tub in the PH level room on Sirena.

Hi all,

Kind regards,

MK Lions.

All PH have a large walk in shower....which will have 2 shower heads...The current tub combo is difficult to get in or out This will be way better The Other O R class ships do have a tub shower. which I found sounded great but in reality were not that functional unless you were an acrobat and a midget.

Other changes have been described by others...let me touch on some of the changes from pRINCESS.

1. Doing away with the nickel dime pay extra for everything soda/coffees/waters... no photos no art sale, no silly games

2. Doing away with fixed seating, 2 seatings...all open

3. Doing away with the faux dress up and formals....all now casual country club. Slacks and a collar shirt is just fine... maybe a sport coat...but maybe.

4. Doing away with the pay extra restaraunts...all included at no charge

5. Way better meals and quality of service..fresh fish and seafood daily including lobster at every venue, every day including the Waves pool grill.

6 way better bedding with 1000 thread count linens.

I am booked in Jan but am taking several R class ships prior. Having see Island and Pacific princess I have to say that compared to the Oceania version, the princess ships were in in a sad state and Princess plain didnt care...it seemed to me care as they had their clientele indoctrinated that the little princess ships were the epitome of luxury....( which they seemed after sailing their monster mega ships)

Edited by Hawaiidan

...it seemed to me care as they had their clientele indoctrinated that the little princess ships were the epitome of luxury....( which they seemed after sailing their monster mega ships)

Sort of like the recent Azamara announcement of their "Ultimate World Cruise", 102 days from Australia to London (written as we sail Oceania's 180 day cruise completely around the world from Miami to Miami).

I am looking forward to the Sirena, Oceania is spending forty million to bring her up to snuff.

We were told changes will be made to the Oceania specialty restaurants. There will be a combined Polo and Toscano restaurant called Tuscan Steak. There will be a Red Ginger. The GDR is supposed to feature the Jacques menu for lunch.

At this time at the back of the specialty restaurants are storerooms which will be elimated..I was told when O officers walked the Princess they were in shock at the condition..

Jancruz1

Hi all,

Kind regards,

MK Lions.

The "boss" just said showers only..

Jancruz1

I am soooo excited about the specialty restaurant set-up. I hope everyone takes advantage of this arrangement. I will be on the inaugural in April, and I am so thrilled to see the Sirena added to the O fleet.

Give it a chance. I think you'll be very pleased.

Dear old OP will be pretty tired when handed over to Oceania . Thats big business these days just in time maintenance, safe and complies with all regs and safety . So seller doesn't spend a buck that he does not have to once the sale was concluded 18 months or so ago . Oceania are smart Operators and will expect to get a tired vessel from Princess . BUT Oceania now have 4 of the R class boats which they value , spend big $ capex wise to upgrade and maintain them in good condition as they know one of their greatest sales assets is their R class fleet in Regatta, Insignia, Sirena and Nautica .

Lets hope in due course Princess sole remaining R class vessel also gets snapped up by Oceania .

Dear old OP will be pretty tired when handed over to Oceania . Thats big business these days just in time maintenance, safe and complies with all regs and safety . So seller doesn't spend a buck that he does not have to once the sale was concluded 18 months or so ago . Oceania are smart Operators and will expect to get a tired vessel from Princess . BUT Oceania now have 4 of the R class boats which they value , spend big $ capex wise to upgrade and maintain them in good condition as they know one of their greatest sales assets is their R class fleet in Regatta, Insignia, Sirena and Nautica .

Lets hope in due course Princess sole remaining R class vessel also gets snapped up by Oceania .

Unfortunately they will never get the 6 and 7 from Azamara..

Jancruz1

Unfortunately they will never get the 6 and 7 from Azamara..

Jancruz1

Nor the R8, which also sailed for Princess as Royal Princess, then was transferred to P&O as Adonia, and recently transferred to Fathom, the new cruise line started by Carnival. I believe P&O will still operate the ship for Fathom. Although I suppose it might be possible for Carnival to put the ship up for sale some day if Fathom is successful enough to warrant one or more larger ships.