Bucket of Beer

Gator83

Hi,

Can anyone that has been on a recent cruise verify that a bucket of beer (domestic, non aluminum bottles) is $21 and the aluminum bottles is $26? Does this include the Royal bag? Shall I assume they add 15 or 18% to this?

Thank you

I would like to know the same. On Carnival boats I had a bucket of beer delivered on ice for departure day. I like to sit on our balcony and have a cold one before heading for supper or after supper. Not sure if they do this on Royal.

I would like to know the same. On Carnival boats I had a bucket of beer delivered on ice for departure day. I like to sit on our balcony and have a cold one before heading for supper or after supper. Not sure if they do this on Royal.

The only alcohol you can purchase pre-cruise and have sent to your stateroom on Royal is bottles of wine or champagne.

Would I be able to have a bucket delivered to cabin with bottles unopened?

I also need to know the exact same answer as above poster.

Going on the Voyager in about 1 weeks time and need to know please.

Regards Bob.

Ask once you get onboard. All they can say is no. However, if you not using a package to get the beers, I don't see why they wouldn't give you a bucket unopened.

Edited by clarea

I've received a bucket of 2-3 beers with the package, twice before. Both times, the guys just brought it over, I guess because they got tired of going back to the bar for 1 beer. Also I think the cash tips had something to do with it. Don't expect it to happen, but it's happen to me twice now. :D

I still have my bag. It even comes with a bottle opener attached. When I was on my cruise in 2011, the deal was you purchased the bag (don't remember the price but I think it wasn't very expensive) and when you bought 5 beers, you got the sixth one at no charge.

I still have my bag. It even comes with a bottle opener attached. When I was on my cruise in 2011, the deal was you purchased the bag (don't remember the price but I think it wasn't very expensive) and when you bought 5 beers, you got the sixth one at no charge.

We had the same offer on Indy in March 2014. We were told that if we bring the bag back on any of our following cruises, we could get the same 6 for the price of 5 special. So, we bring the bag on our Freedom 2015 cruise and they would not honor the 6 for 5 the entire week. I still liked having the bag to put multiple beers, but I did feel like the were not telling the full truth when I first purchased. What they should have said was, bring your bag back on another cruise and IF the ship is having the special that week, you do not have to buy a new bag to get the 6 for 5 special.

If you are lucky enough to find the bucket special, you may also find that the bartenders do not want to allow for the same beer selection. When I first purchased they would give me Red Stripe or Blue Moon, however, there were a couple of times that I had to show the bartender my receipt from a previous purchase as they only wanted to give me Bud or Miller products.

• 1 year later...

Hi folks. Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I'm looking for updated info on beer buckets. I'll be sailing the Anthem next month and was wondering what the prices are for a bucket of beer (preferably Coors Light or Foster's oil can), and how many are included per bucket. I'd like to carry a bucket into my cabin to watch some football games from my balcony and wouldn't be able to do that with a drink package. I know Michael's Genuine Pub will show games, but it's just 2 TVs with limited seating. Just trying to break down the costs. TIA.

Hi folks. Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I'm looking for updated info on beer buckets. I'll be sailing the Anthem next month and was wondering what the prices are for a bucket of beer (preferably Coors Light or Foster's oil can), and how many are included per bucket. I'd like to carry a bucket into my cabin to watch some football games from my balcony and wouldn't be able to do that with a drink package. I know Michael's Genuine Pub will show games, but it's just 2 TVs with limited seating. Just trying to break down the costs. TIA.

Are you able to watch football games in your room? I wasn't sure what you'd be able to get on TV onboard. This is something we'd like to do too.

I think they were $28 for 5 if I remember correctly. Price will vary depending where you are for tax purposes.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Tax purposes? There are no taxes applied, unless you are in the Mediterranean on certain cruises where they charge VAT or still in port, at certain ports of embarkation.

However, the prices are NOT the same from ship to ship.

Are you able to watch football games in your room? I wasn't sure what you'd be able to get on TV onboard. This is something we'd like to do too.

Most ships have two sports channels, one US and one non-US. There may be some football games on your TV.