Multiple staterooms: bringing a CASE of wine onboard?

dstein

We've got an upcoming trip where we have 5 staterooms booked. Would love to bring 10 bottles of wine with us, but don't want to have 5 people each logging 2 bottles around waiting for staterooms to open up. Would prefer to put 10 bottles into a wine box and have it delivered to one our our staterooms.

Anyone ever done this before?

We've got an upcoming trip where we have 5 staterooms booked. Would love to bring 10 bottles of wine with us, but don't want to have 5 people each logging 2 bottles around waiting for staterooms to open up. Would prefer to put 10 bottles into a wine box and have it delivered to one our our staterooms.

I doubt very strongly that they will deliver your own wine to your stateroom under any circumstances.

If you want ten bottles, then five people will have to each carry two bottles on board.

Understood, but a case of wine delivered to one stateroom is never going to happen, sorry. We are thrilled to be able to carry wine on now and RCI has dropped the corkage as well now. Cases of wine are just pushing it..

Your best bet is to board the ship after 1:00 then go straight to your cabins to drop it off. It won't be delivered.

Nice try.:)

no way will they deliver a case of wine to any stateroom regardless of how many you book.

http://c.shld.net/rpx/i/s/pi/mp/20571/prod_6762153317?src=http%3A%2F%2Fak1.ostkcdn.com%2Fimages%2Fproducts%2F10013946%2FAmerileather-Rolling-12-Bottle-Wine-Bag-51ebf53a-cbfa-40b5-a6ac-5ad885878f4d.jpg&d=4f8579df8e049467e9ba9a0060c0ff7adea35ab9&hei=333&wid=333&op_sharpen=1

Not sure this link will work, but it's a rolling wine suitcase. Each person will still need to hand carry the 2 bottles per cabin, but after boarding you could all pur them in this bag.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

We cruised Alaska on Celebrity (sister line) a couple of years ago with the same 2 bottles per stateroom policy. Our group had 5 staterooms and we carried on 10 bottles in a box. Yes - we carried it on and took it to our room. We did not check it like luggage. And by "we" - I mean by sweet husband. Folks in our group over 21 came to our cabin for sail away and then wine/cheese most days. It was lovely!

We did not check it - we actually carried it on and placed it our room. The steward even cleaned out the fridge for us. Planning to do the same on Liberty of the Seas this summer as well - just 3 cabins though.

Happy sailing!

So in other words, it doesn't hurt to ask. But ask ahead of time and get the answer documented so you can show security at embarkation. Showing up without prior planning, expect to be disappointed.

I'd go the safe route and ask everybody to each carry one bottle on with them. Even in a plastic bag is fine. Once everybody is through and on the ship, they can hand off to you again.

Lugging stuff around can be easily managed, just park your group with bags in a public area and take shifts going to buffet. Works great for my family, we grab a table by the pool and stay until cabins are ready.

We done this before when with a group. Just keep everyone together and say these 2 are ours, these 2 are sister Jane here and so on. They can figure it out. It helps if you are friendly and nice. We had the ship staff react with "have a great party"! They did write each cabin number on the bottles. They had a hard time with a black bottle of champagne.

Margee

Thanks all for the feedback.

Although I hesitate to get something as task-specific as the roll-on bag suggested by jakenashleysmom, this may end up being worth it simply to avoid the shoulder stress caused by lugging around a couple of bottles in a bunch of backpacks. This would also solve the pre-cruise problem of "where do we store the custom T-shirts we're taking with us to hand out to the family at the port?" We could pack T-shirts here, hand them out at the port, and then consolidate everyone's pairs of bottles right after boarding. That's probably enough of a win to justify getting the bag.

Nativetexan: Glad to hear that your scenario worked, but in this case *I'm* "the sweet husband"...and definitely not as willing to carry the box around as your husband was. He's making the rest of us look bad. :)

http://c.shld.net/rpx/i/s/pi/mp/20571/prod_6762153317?src=http%3A%2F%2Fak1.ostkcdn.com%2Fimages%2Fproducts%2F10013946%2FAmerileather-Rolling-12-Bottle-Wine-Bag-51ebf53a-cbfa-40b5-a6ac-5ad885878f4d.jpg&d=4f8579df8e049467e9ba9a0060c0ff7adea35ab9&hei=333&wid=333&op_sharpen=1

Not sure this link will work, but it's a rolling wine suitcase. Each person will still need to hand carry the 2 bottles per cabin, but after boarding you could all pur them in this bag.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

Love that, thanks!!!!

I have three cabins book and I am going to have all 6 bottles together. I am thinking about bringing a soft sided cooler for them. We like our wine cold and that way we can ice them down in the cooler. We will all be boarding at the same time so I am not expecting any major hassles. If we have to separate them - so be it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everybody!

I wasn't aware you could bring onboard 2 bottles of wine per cabin. I just found out today!!!

1-Is it possible for you to bring (and drink) those wine bottles in the dinning room? I read in an earlier post in this same thread that RCI had discontinued the corkage fee so I'm assuming they will let you BYOB.

2-I assume you can bring a bottle of Champagne and it is still considered wine, right?

Best Regards.

Hi Everybody!

I wasn't aware you could bring onboard 2 bottles of wine per cabin. I just found out today!!!

1-Is it possible for you to bring (and drink) those wine bottles in the dinning room? I read in an earlier post in this same thread that RCI had discontinued the corkage fee so I'm assuming they will let you BYOB.

2-I assume you can bring a bottle of Champagne and it is still considered wine, right?

Best Regards.

You can bring the wine anywhere on the ship, including the dining room, with no corkage fees. Wine and champagne, same rules.

My family did this last spring break - 5 rooms with 10 bottles total. My dad put it all in a wine box and then had a cart with wheels he bungy corded it to (along with his briefcase I think). They did take each bottle out so don't seal the box. We stayed together and at security they asked to see all the room numbers and then waved us through, no problem. And yes we easily finished it all, even with only four adults drinking (we were a party of 11 - 5 adults, 6 little kiddos). They even stored the bottles they corked for us in the dining room for the next night if we didn't finish it and didn't want to take it with us if I remember correctly (although maybe my dad bought a wine package at dinner too - can't remember for sure)

Edited by GEMomTo3