Why do you love your stateroom

johnsak123

I am have stayed in the Haven Courtyard Villa on the Gem a few times

I love to turn the air conditioner on full blast, close the curtains so the bedroom area is pitch black and lay under the covers in the cool brisk air

Of course their are so many other great things about this cabin But

I don't know why I just love this

Any others have special likes and dislikes about their cabin

I'm a Dawn SF Aft Penthouse fan ;) Have cruised in one on deck 8 and one on deck 10... Love the floorplan, and how spacious the cabin is. Also love the separate vanity area with the sort of hidden built in storage compartments.

But my favorite part... Is sitting on the balcony, day or night (heck, day AND night lol) reading, relaxing and watching the ship's wake:D

I am have stayed in the Haven Courtyard Villa on the Gem a few times

I love to turn the air conditioner on full blast, close the curtains so the bedroom area is pitch black and lay under the covers in the cool brisk air

Of course their are so many other great things about this cabin But

I don't know why I just love this

Any others have special likes and dislikes about their cabin

You're funny. I can do this at home:)

Balcony...balcony...balcony on the ocean!

Squidward Q Tentacles --- I will soon also enjoy the view from our first "back porch"

Sometimes you will wake up and find you have new neighbors. I always like that surprise when I open the curtain and see another cruise ship alongside us.

Sometimes you will wake up and find you have new neighbors. I always like that surprise when I open the curtain and see another cruise ship alongside us.

I am excited about the ocean neighbors and I had no idea I would be waving my coffee cup at humans! Everyday is a fresh adventure to look forward to especially on a cruise.

Here is a list of why I love each cabin that I have stayed in.

Inside:

Very dark when the lights are off, makes it so easy to sleep. Very inexpensive and helps makes cruising very affordable.

Inside sideways:

Same as above, but the layout makes it feel much more roomier.

Ocean view:

A nice view of the ocean, good for someone a little claustrophobic. But for me, it gives me a chance to see the waves from a closer view.

Balcony:

Fresh air, a quiet private place to enjoy a cup of coffee or a glass of wine. If you do some laundry in the bathroom sink or have wet bathing suits it helps to get them dry. I have been known to put up a clothes line inside the cabin for my wife. Just don't do that on the balcony itself, don't want your clothes falling overboard.

Aft facing balcony:

Same as above, but a different view. At night when is very dark you can sometimes see the water glow because of the bio-luminescent bacteria reacting to the oxygen being stirred up from the prop wash.

I love everything. I usually stay in a balcony. I love reading on the balcony. Last May I got A great deal on a forward Penthouse under the bridge. Total heaven! We have booked the suite a few doors down for this coming May. It will be very hard leaving the suite life after this. Even though we didn't ask for much our concierge Carlos, Butler Jason and our wonderful steward Roberto kept us happy and pampered.

Love all the categories on Ncl, even the insides.

I once stayed in a balcony room on our first cruise and I did enjoy it but I don't have a long attention span so I wouldn't sit there for too long. I do like insides because they are cheap and I love the darkness. The only downside is over sleeping! We just stayed in a family oceanview on the breakaway and it was a nice room with lots of space. There was 4 of us so it was great I couldn't imagine being in an inside with all four of us! :)

Don't care about my stateroom. I'm rarely in it except to sleep and shower.

Of course, I did spend 21 years in the Navy so I'm really not fussy. A Studio room for me it like the Admirals quarters. :D

Imagine if NCL offered an inside cabin with 8 bunks in it set up like on a naval ship for a cheap price for old sailors to cruise in.

Imagine if NCL offered an inside cabin with 8 bunks in it set up like on a naval ship for a cheap price for old sailors to cruise in.

I remember chuckling the first time I stayed in an Epic studio cabin. First thought I had: "four people can easily sleep in here". :D