Proposal Idea Help for Western B2B Cruise

strachan01

After my proposal earlier this year i thought i would finally get round to posting some pics.

I ended up decided to do it on formal night after dining at 150 in central park.

Have to say the Balvenie from Trellis Bar tasted brilliant afterwards!:D

Thanks again for the advice folks!

Cute pictures of your proposal!

For anyone who has not been on Allure of the Seas more often than not Central Park is an incredibly tranquil place to stroll, and it's especially wonderful in the evening with all of the lighting. There's a small side path not often travelled with a beautiful trellis near the Trellis Bar (hence the name) that Fraser eluded to that's semi-private, but the ambiance and setting would be incredibly romantic.

Here's an album of pictures I took when I cruised Allure of the Seas a few years ago...

:D

Edited by dmwnc1959

Also, here's a video I took one evening walking through Central Park on Allure of the Seas. It's available in 720p HD shot with iPhone and shows one complete (slow) walk around the park (about 10 minutes). There is a bit of wind noise, and simulated crickets. It had rained, and since the park is opened to the elements the walkway was wet but not at all slippery. Of course using Central Park as a place to propose would be totally weather dependent.

Picture taken on a different evening...

8337490037_67e34909ae_z.jpg

:D

Edited by dmwnc1959

How did you get someone to be there when you asked, to take the pictures?

My suggestion, had I read this thread when it first was posted, would have been to do the proposal on formal night when all the professional photos were being taken. You could scout out ahead of time to see the best location and background, talk to the photographer and tell him/her your plan, and allow him to pretend to be setting the two of you up for a pose. He could pretend to direct you to hold her extended hand and you could just go from there, make your move, and the photographer would capture the special moment.

I am so glad that you were able to capture the moment and the setting you chose was perfect. And, congratulations to the both of you.

If you have a balcony cabin on princess you could consider the ultimate balcony dinner. Three course meal with champagne on you balcony with a flower centrepiece. Talk to the purser desk when you first board and organize the date and meal with them. :)

I'm hitting the like button on this one!!

Tony

After my proposal earlier this year i thought i would finally get round to posting some pics.

I ended up decided to do it on formal night after dining at 150 in central park.

Have to say the Balvenie from Trellis Bar tasted brilliant afterwards!:D

Thanks again for the advice folks!

Very nice photos. Congratulations!

How did you get someone to be there when you asked, to take the pictures?

My suggestion, had I read this thread when it first was posted, would have been to do the proposal on formal night when all the professional photos were being taken. You could scout out ahead of time to see the best location and background, talk to the photographer and tell him/her your plan, and allow him to pretend to be setting the two of you up for a pose. He could pretend to direct you to hold her extended hand and you could just go from there, make your move, and the photographer would capture the special moment.

I am so glad that you were able to capture the moment and the setting you chose was perfect. And, congratulations to the both of you.

It was a Royal Caribbean photographer that managed to capture the moment, I had a chat with him on out first formal night and explained what i wanted to do. On the second formal night he spotted us walk past and followed us, we got around 50/55 pictures from him on the cameras burst setting to capture the moment. Although the quality wasn't as good as a professional photoshoot i felt it was a more natural environment, she had no idea that the photographer was there for us nor that i was going to propose.

The photographer also gave us all the pictures on a pen stick for free :)

Thanks for all the comments.

so sweet! thank you for coming back and showing us all.

i was going on a caribbean cruise with my daughter and her boyfriend. he asked me if i'd take the ring as i was leaving a day earlier and he didn't want her to find it in their luggage. that was a stressful travel day--i kept checking to make sure i hadn't lost it!

i lent them my balcony for breakfast. he got down on one knee and proposed while she had a mouthful of bacon. she said a surprised bad word and said yes. not quite as romantic as you two. hahahaha!

Good afternoon all!

I was hoping some members could help me out. I'm planning to propose to my girlfriend on our upcoming b2b cruise on Allure and then Regal Princess in April. I met her on my first year at university and have been together for 7 years now (I'm 26 and she is 25). I have done all the pre proposal work; figure out ring size and type she likes, ask her father permission and buy the ring.. All I need now is a perfect spot to propose, this is where I need the help!

So here was my original idea...we are from Scotland and like to dress up on formal night so I had planned on finding a location on the ship (was thinking the deck on top of the bridge on allure) on our first formal night and propose after dinner. Ideally I would like to propose at the start of our 14 night b2b as I want to enjoy the rest of the cruise without stressing! I am open to ideas about Regal Princess too though

I guess my big question is does any members have any ideas on some other ideas or options that would be a bit different and special? She is the type of girl who wouldn't like anything too public either.

Thanks!

While the top of the bridge on Allure will be nice, the most romantic spot on Allure would be in the Central Park at night. With the white twinkling lights and the ocean sky, plus you could book dinner at one of the speciality restaurants that are right there. 150 Park is amazing for dinner and very romantic.

Whoops, I should have read the whole thread before answering.

Congrats, I see you did my idea regardless. But great idea to have the photographer there for you.

Edited by Akaicb
Did not read whole thread.