Proposal Idea Help for Western B2B Cruise

strachan01

Good afternoon all!

I was hoping some members could help me out. I'm planning to propose to my girlfriend on our upcoming b2b cruise on Allure and then Regal Princess in April. I met her on my first year at university and have been together for 7 years now (I'm 26 and she is 25). I have done all the pre proposal work; figure out ring size and type she likes, ask her father permission and buy the ring.. All I need now is a perfect spot to propose, this is where I need the help!

So here was my original idea...we are from Scotland and like to dress up on formal night so I had planned on finding a location on the ship (was thinking the deck on top of the bridge on allure) on our first formal night and propose after dinner. Ideally I would like to propose at the start of our 14 night b2b as I want to enjoy the rest of the cruise without stressing! I am open to ideas about Regal Princess too though

I guess my big question is does any members have any ideas on some other ideas or options that would be a bit different and special? She is the type of girl who wouldn't like anything too public either.

Thanks!

If you have a balcony cabin on princess you could consider the ultimate balcony dinner. Three course meal with champagne on you balcony with a flower centrepiece. Talk to the purser desk when you first board and organize the date and meal with them. :)

If you have a balcony cabin on princess you could consider the ultimate balcony dinner. Three course meal with champagne on you balcony with a flower centrepiece. Talk to the purser desk when you first board and organize the date and meal with them. :)

Thank you, we do have a Balcony booked as well. I never thought about that! I guess it will be a night to remember no matter what :)

Throwing my two cents in. My son proposed to his now wife on a cruise. He had spent many hours planning it out. He was looking for the perfect time, the perfect place.

Guess what? It didn't matter what he spent so much time planning. One night before dinner he thought - THIS, this is the perfect moment and just popped the question. Nothing like what he had planned.

Great idea! :)

I agree with you - I would do it on the first cruise so you can relax and celebrate for 2 weeks! I am sure she will be thrilled!

Second vote for this. Do it as early as possible because I'm sure you are going to be stressed about it until it happens. Just make sure to not forget about us and post a picture of her and the ring when she says yes.

So exciting!! Here are my top 3 suggestions:

1) Ultimate Balcony Dinner- Book a balcony stateroom and have a private fancy dinner for $100 total. It includes a photo, so you could arrange for the photographer to take the pic when you propose or right after! It also includes a bouquet of flowers. This would be ultra romantic and totally private!

2) Cabana Couple's Massage- Book a couple's massage in one of the Sanctuary Cabanas. Propose when you 2 are alone in there with the champagne they serve you.

3) Aft deck at night- cozy up by the railing, watch the wake, look up at the stars, and propose!

Whatever you choose, have a blast!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

You need to call room service for the Ultimate Balcony Dinner, NOT the purser's desk. It's a fantastic experience!

I agree with you - I would do it on the first cruise so you can relax and celebrate for 2 weeks! I am sure she will be thrilled!

A third vote for proposing on the first cruise. Your formal night idea sounds perfect, that way you will be all dressed up and can take some formal pictures with the ships photographers to remember the moment (and show off the ring- be sure to tell them you just got engaged!)

I've not been on the Allure, but have read reviews of the Oasis class ships here on CC.;) Maybe Central Park would be a nice, somewhat private area of the ship?

Or, here's another idea. As I recall, Royal Caribbean will print announcements from passengers in their Compass. I remember seeing things like "Happy Anniversary" and "Happy Birthday" and such. Maybe you could arrange for a "Will you marry me?" message.

I don't think Royal Caribbean has anything like the Balcony Dinner, but you could always order room service for breakfast (or dinner) and do it on your own. There won't be anyone to serve you, but it would be more private.

Best of luck and pre- congratulations! :)

Thanks for all the suggestions, very much appreciated!

Just over 3 weeks away now, I posted the same question over in the Royal Caribbean thread and the responses seem to be similar. I guess i wont know the perfect spot until I am on the ship but It's always nice to get suggestions and ideas from others on here :) More i think about it the more i am swayed towards the formal night idea!

Thanks again!

Heres what I know after 40 years of marriage and raisng 4 daughters:

• She already knows what you are up to. There is no WAY you will ever outsmart her, don't even try. Practice your "yes dears" now. It will serve you well.
  • There is no way you can do it wrong
  • The longer you wait (because she knows you are going to do it) the more difficult it will be on you. She will be waiting.

Congrats and best wishes

Edited by TNTLAMB

My husband proposed to me on an Eastern Caribbean cruise. He planned a scavenger hunt for me that took me from the International Café, all the way up to the Spa. He created envelopes with my picture on it and gave it to a crew member to give to me when I showed up. Inside the envelope was my next stop... The last stop was Skywalkers where he got down on one knee to propose. It was fantastic! I am also not someone who would have liked a very public proposal, so this was perfect!

Whatever your plans, consider arranging a photographer to capture the moment... if nothing else, give her the photos on your wedding day!

Best of luck! Please report back with your good news when you get back :)

Thanks for the advice! I truly don't think she expects me to propose during the cruise so trying to make the surprise that extra bit special without her catching on is the difficult part! I have tried to email RCCL in advance about some arrangements but have heard nothing back unfortunately.

That scavenger hunt seems a great idea! I'm sure she would enjoy that too! haha

I will definitely keep you updated ! In the meantime if anyone else has any more advice or stories fire away, the more ideas the better haha!!

Thanks again,

Edited by strachan01

I actually think a beach proposal would be pretty cool. Not sure if you plan on hitting any beaches on your first cruise. This should give you more privacy.

I sort of wonder if she is expecting it also - you are flying from UK to the Caribbean for 2 weeks. Sounds romantic to me!

If you are going to St. Thomas, I would take a ferry over to St. John (easiest on shore excursion) and propose at Trunk Bay..... You can always ask fellow shore excursion people to take pics with your camera.

I actually think a beach proposal would be pretty cool. Not sure if you plan on hitting any beaches on your first cruise. This should give you more privacy.

I sort of wonder if she is expecting it also - you are flying from UK to the Caribbean for 2 weeks. Sounds romantic to me!

If you are going to St. Thomas, I would take a ferry over to St. John (easiest on shore excursion) and propose at Trunk Bay..... You can always ask fellow shore excursion people to take pics with your camera.

Well we are going to Labadee with Allure, that could be another option. I would imagine it wouldn't be too hard to get some photos their too. Unfortunately we are not going to St. Thomas but thanks for the suggestion :)

We had 2 weeks in the Caribbean last year and then 10 nights on an East Cruise as well so the Holiday itself isn't really any different from ones been been on before, hence why my reasoning to why she wont be thinking any differently!

Thanks

• 7 months later...

After my proposal earlier this year i thought i would finally get round to posting some pics.

I ended up decided to do it on formal night after dining at 150 in central park.

Have to say the Balvenie from Trellis Bar tasted brilliant afterwards!:D

Thanks again for the advice folks!

9zsZDz.jpg

Xyrjzf.jpg

3FjRWD.jpg

YLt9zj.jpg

xi7VUF.jpg