Has anyone upgraded from Classic to Premium and regretted it?

tbmrt

For the VW do they have Zero has my DW is diabetic.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Do you mean Coke Zero? They do have cans available at most bars. You needed to have a upgraded drink package to get cans of soda- not sure if still true as we always have the premium package so I am not familiar with the other any longer.

Edited by Cruise a holic

When we got the classic promo we upgraded to the premium 3 times and didn't regret it. After that the novelty wore off and we get by with the classic. Found out that most of the drinks weren't that great, the consistency/quality varied from bar to bar and bartender, but would have really regretted paying per drink for most of them if we didn't have the package.

Now we don't upgrade and stick to the classic style drinks that they really can't mess up too bad such as beer, wine, and standard drinks like Manhattans, Cosmos, gin or vodka Martinis or just some spirit straight up or on the rocks and we don't have to spend the extra for it.

Drink up 🍺🍻🍸🍹🍷

Edited by miched

We happily spent the 160 we saved on excursions and drinks on shore.

In addition to the drinks at the Molecular/Martini bar the reason we plan to upgrade is the non-alcoholic offerings. Red bull, vitamin water, Sparkling water and premium bottled water as well as an expanded selection of premium coffees. The upgrade will more than pay for itself for us even if 80% of what we drink is included with the Classic package.

I'm a pretty frugal guy....okay, okay I am cheap! If I were travelling alone I could see myself finding things to keep me satisfied just fine on the classic. However, my wife is the complete opposite. She will likely want to have several higher-end cocktails that aren't on the classic and she will pick specialty coffees that are the most expensive for sure. I'd rather just not have to worry about what's covered and what isn't. 11.50 per day is well worth it to us, but I can sympathize with some that don't feel that way.

I plan on upgrading and not feeling any regret on our upcoming cruise.

11.50 X 2 X 7 or did you upgrade just your DW ?

I agree , no reason for anyone to feel regret if they do what they wish.

Edited by richstowe

When we got the classic promo we upgraded to the premium 3 times and didn't regret it. After that the novelty wore off and we get by with the classic. Found out that most of the drinks weren't that great, the consistency/quality varied from bar to bar and bartender, but would have really regretted paying per drink for most of them if we didn't have the package.

Now we don't upgrade and stick to the classic style drinks that they really can't mess up too bad such as beer, wine, and standard drinks like Manhattans, Cosmos, gin or vodka Martinis or just some spirit straight up or on the rocks and we don't have to spend the extra for it.

Drink up 🍺🍻🍸🍹🍷

I like nicer wines and DH likes the craft beers so we usually upgrade. Plus we are huge fans of the Martini and Molecular bar:)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I am a scotch drinker, so I always upgrade to get the better single malts and

johnnie walker black rather than red. I also like the better choices of premium bourbon and using the better gins in the martinis.

Malcolm

Malcom, I totally agree. I'm a Black man myself. I refuse to let red ever pass my lips even if I was dry. (Although I prefer Platinum, Gold or Blue). So the upgrade will be worth in on my upcoming cruises. For bourbon, I prefer Turkey. Not on the classic pkg. Thus I have no choice but to upgrade for the taste.

On my recent Oceania cruise I loved their package. It was $59.95/night. But a double JW Black was $23. They used a 1oz shot glass per pour! That was a no brainer! No drink cost maximum. Anything was fair game.

Edited by ChucktownSteve

We happily spent the 160 we saved on excursions and drinks on shore.11.50 X 2 X 7 or did you upgrade just your DW ?

I agree , no reason for anyone to feel regret if they do what they wish.

We plan on upgrading both for next cruise. I definitely see myself enjoying the premium more than the classic. For the amount extra, it's worth it.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Forums mobile app

Can just one in the cabin upgrade? We both had to chose the same initial perk.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes. If getting the drink package through a choice of perks, you both have to choose the same perk, i.e. drink package. However, once you have the package, either of you (or both) can choose to upgrade to the premium.

I did once, it was before they did the free classic package. My husband had purchased a premium package online and got me one on the ship and I knew I wouldn't get the value. I went to guest relations and they refunded all but the 1st day but I ended up about $80 out of pocket.

Since the free classic, I've always upgraded as 1 martini a day covers the extra payment

Edited by Tiggertastic

I find there are two ways to look at this. From a financial only standpoint or from a convenience standpoint. Upgrading from the 1-2-3 Go package is all about convenience. I can choose any drink and take a sip and not drink the rest because it just isn't to my taste. I regret the waste but not the expense. Not worrying about cost on a holiday is worth the extra $11.50 per day. If that drink I really want is $2 over the limit I can still get it.

And I much prefer Evian, San Pellegrino, and Perrier to Dasani.

I believe smoothies are covered in the premium but not the classic.

And Lou, I think the better port was over the premium so Ken & I paid $1.75 each for it. I'm not sure if there was a port within the classic limit. And rarely were our beers or wines covered by the classic package.

We don't do all the calculations to see if it is the best deal financially but we do know it is the most convenient.

Only you know which is better for you. Comfort or economy.

Beth

Edited by bbappel

Hi here is a something I found on the internet that I thought I share. I also have a drink calculator from the Adventure of the Seas drink package if anyone is interested in checking to see if it is worth purchasing. For me I received the Classic and upgrade just so I did not have to keep checking the price before ordering my drink. Not much of a drinker but love the Freedom.

Celebrity Drink PKG Selector 2014(1).xls

Edited by ZZCruisers

• 2 weeks later...
Hi here is a something I found on the internet that I thought I share. I also have a drink calculator from the Adventure of the Seas drink package if anyone is interested in checking to see if it is worth purchasing. For me I received the Classic and upgrade just so I did not have to keep checking the price before ordering my drink. Not much of a drinker but love the Freedom.

I never once checked on the price when ordering within my classic.....the servers know if you call and the brand's not included. Only happened once in my crew when a buddy ordered a Stella which was not in.