No more door organizers

javafish

Couldn't you use the approved command strips to hang the door hanger on?

Thanks for that suggestion. I'll have to check the DW's organizer and see how it hangs. If it goes over the door, I will get the command strip hook.

Thanks Again!!!

Never quite understood the need for over the door organizers. Just one more thing to pack and bring. The bathroom shelves have plenty of room for necessities such as toothbrush, toothpaste, things you need for bathing and shower etc. Hair grooming items and makeup can be kept in the vanity/desk drawers or on the desktop. That's near where the hair dryer is located and there is an outlet to plug in hair appliances (curling iron, etc.).

Growing up in a large family sharing one bathroom taught me that bathrooms are for bathroom duties only - use of toilet, sink and tub/shower. Any primping, makeup, hair drying and styling can be done in the bedroom. That way the bathroom is available for those needing the bathroom fixtures.

We just sailed on Magic - we hung ours inside the bathroom, on the door, suspended from the 2 robe hooks. No adhesives, no harm to the door. No problem.

I forgot that is how she hangs it. You saved me getting a hook I don't need. And more importantly, asking my DW how she hangs her organizer on the back of the door...

Edited by Rod in Az

This doesn't bother me at all. As a single dude who likes to cruise solo, I really don't have much stuff. So I have no use for an organizer. Personal care items go in the bathroom, MDR clothes go in the closet, shoes go on the floor, and everything else gets dumped onto the window/porthole ledge. (Note: the farther forward you are, the wider the ledge is.)

But I can understand how this'll impact families and couples. Shame on you, Carnival.

Edited by LandlockedCruiser01

[emoji35][emoji35][emoji35][emoji35][emoji35] 15 years of cruising and I've NEVER damaged a door or left residue on the door from decorating....the over the door storage helps with clutter.....I don't care how light you pack..a few people abuse and everyone pays the price. I'll abide by the rules, because rules are rules. Rant over.....

No issue - just about anything can be hung by command strips. I've seen many doors with the decorations just ripped off - lots of little pieces of clear tape for the cabin stewards to remove. I totally understand this rule - they aleady have enough to do without picking little piece of tape off doors.

No issue - just about anything can be hung by command strips. I've seen many doors with the decorations just ripped off - lots of little pieces of clear tape for the cabin stewards to remove. I totally understand this rule - they aleady have enough to do without picking little piece of tape off doors.

I totally agree, they do have more than they can handle at times. LOL Funny thing is, last cruise, my poster putty had been used so many times I guess it was dirty. Wouldn't hold a thing on the door. Our room steward saw the trouble I was having, he brought me 2 inch clear tape and scissors. I ask him if he was sure the tape would come off clean, he thanked me for my concern and hugged me. He was AWSOME!!!! One of the best we've ever had. And yes I [emoji173]️[emoji173]️[emoji173]️ command strips, guess I'll be shopping for a few.

Edited by volmoma

I forgot that is how she hangs it. You saved me getting a hook I don't need. And more importantly, asking my DW how she hangs her organizer on the back of the door...

You're welcome!

Ours holds not only bathroom items but all those little items that potentially can get misplaced - camera stuff, collapsible umbrellas (used as parasols when not used for rain), sunscreen, extra eye glasses, rx bottles...the list goes on. In Alaska, scarves, gloves, ear wraps...that list is completely different - our bathroom on the ship is tidy and organized -

You're welcome!

Ours holds not only bathroom items but all those little items that potentially can get misplaced - camera stuff, collapsible umbrellas (used as parasols when not used for rain), sunscreen, extra eye glasses, rx bottles...the list goes on. In Alaska, scarves, gloves, ear wraps...that list is completely different - our bathroom on the ship is tidy and organized -

Know the feeling, love to be organized!!

30 years of cruising and I never thought about bringing one, and never needed one, and this includes longer cruises with formal wear, etc. Then again, I never thought about decorating doors or cabins and never will.

How did we survive? Well, looks like we did!

Now, did I bring a pillow with me at times? You bet! :D

While some of you "never quite understood the need for over the door organizers", "have no use for an organizer", or "don't understand the need for one either", there are plenty of people who like the convenience. We personally travel with many of our friends and family, most of whom use some type of hanging organizer for their "stuff".

I appreciate the OP posting this information because sometimes we miss the little changes, and while we can usually improvise, adapt and overcome (Happy 240th Birthday USMC) being forewarned is forearmed, and information is power. The new rule says "Do not use adhesives (such as tape or glue) and over-the-door hanging organizers as they can damage the door."

The rule specifically addresses "over-the-door hanging organizers", not "hanging organizers".

Edited by Rod in Az