Diamond members beware!

We just recently returned from a wonderful Baltic trip on Legend of the Seas. DH purchased an internet package for $99.95. The Diamond discount (which is now loaded on the Sea Pass card) was for 20% off. Our folio posted the full $99.95. I questioned this and was told that the discount amount would be manually posted. Two days later... still not there :confused: I was told it would be posted soon. Day 5... still not there :( I was told it would be posted on the last day of the cruise. Disembarkation morning... guess what was still not posted :mad: This time I was told it would be posted within 20 minutes. Yeah Right :mad::mad: The credit card statement showed up and it never posted. I've now called RCCL and a lovely customer service rep told me she will issue a credit to our charge card. I'm patiently waiting...

Bottom line - check your folio and bill carefully!!

Edited by cricketts

We just recently returned from a wonderful Baltic trip on Legend of the Seas. DH purchased an internet package for $99.95. The Diamond discount (which is now loaded on the Sea Pass card) was for 20% off. Our folio posted the full $99.95. I questioned this and was told that the discount amount would be manually posted. Two days later... still not there :confused: I was told it would be posted soon. Day 5... still not there :( I was told it would be posted on the last day of the cruise. Disembarkation morning... guess what was still not posted :mad: This time I was told it would be posted within 20 minutes. Yeah Right :mad::mad: The credit card statement showed up and it never posted. I've now called RCCL and a lovely customer service rep told me she will issue a credit to our charge card. I'm patiently waiting...

and have corrected,right then and there.do not wait.

I hate having to spend so much time at the customer service desk!! Hope the rest of your trip went better!

Thanks... the trip was wonderful :D

My real point is to not trust the discounts showing up when they're loaded on the Sea Pass card. Diligence watching for the credits is imperative :(

Had almost the exact scenario with an Emerald internet credit. I think their using a third party provider and their software. It doesn't seem to link to the C&A coupons.

Oh, and I was told that Diamond and above had an "apply coupon" option. Clearly not...

We have been on several cruises since they went to electronic coupons on your Sea Pass account. Only once did we have a problem with it not being automatically deducted properly. Guest Relations handled the matter 'manually' at the moment it was brought to their attention. There should have been no reason for anyone else to do it manually, other than them.

Edited by Paulette3028

Had almost the exact scenario with an Emerald internet credit. I think their using a third party provider and their software. It doesn't seem to link to the C&A coupons.

Oh, and I was told that Diamond and above had an "apply coupon" option. Clearly not...

Good point to take from this - it is not just Diamond members to be aware. This can happen to anyone regardless of C & A status when coupons are loaded on the SeaPass cards. Just be certain to ask for the coupon value to be applied when you make the applicable purchase and check your account on board to be sure it is correct.

Not sure about any third party connections, however. I think it is more of familiarity with the program and potential IT issues as this is still a relatively new. Just my opinion.

I agree also with getting it resolved on board at the time the situation occurs. Wait to see the resolution. We had a similar situation last week on Grandeur with some photo discounts but it was resolved in a matter of a few minutes at Guest Services. In our experience they were all to happy to be certain it was correctly resolved.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

I agree also with getting it resolved on board at the time the situation occurs. Wait to see the resolution. We had a similar situation last week on Grandeur with some photo discounts but it was resolved in a matter of a few minutes at Guest Services. In our experience they were all to happy to be certain it was correctly resolved.

That is why I am so surprised at how it was handled when the OP brought it to the attention of Guest Services. They usually are all to happy to be certain to get things corrected.

We have been on several cruises since they went to electronic coupons on your Sea Pass account. Only once did we have a problem with it not being automatically deducted properly. Guest Relations handled the matter 'manually' at the moment it was brought to their attention. There should have been no reason for anyone else to do it manually, other than them.

Best to use the concierge to sort it out for you

I found a better result that way when an issue arises

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That is why I am so surprised at how it was handled when the OP brought it to the attention of Guest Services. They usually are all to happy to be certain to get things corrected.

Any problem we've had that a credit to our folio was needed was done immediately as I'm standing at guest services..sorry you needed to spend your cruise time trying to take care of this.

That seems like a different system than they were using on the Navigator. If I recall correctly (always questionable!) we got free minutes. When we logged on and set up our account, there was no charge.

Edited by Cindy

Best to use the concierge to sort it out for you

I found a better result that way when an issue arises

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

...which would only apply to concerns with Diamond or higher C & A members. That being said we had no problems getting our issue sorted out with Guest Services.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

If it's something where I know I'm in the right or have paper proof, (like this issue- clearly, they charged you the rack rate, clearly you are Diamond and deserve 20% off- easy fix) I never stand in that dang line unless forced to- it's my vacation, and I'm not wasting it in their line because of their incompetence- I always call after I return...usually writing my review while I'm on hold:p

That seems like a different system than they were using on the Navigator. If I recall correctly (always questionable!) we got free minutes. When we logged on and set up our account, there was no charge.

On Explorer, it was a % off coupon. Their very nice, printed flyer said C&A members would have an "apply C&A coupon" button. When I didn't have a button, I went to Guest Services, and was told the button was only there for Diamond and above; everyone else would be adjusted off by the revenue department. She didn't really appreciate being told that wasn't what their own flyers said.

Needless to say, when I checked my account a couple of days later, there was no discount. Back to Guest Services, who said they had to send a message to revenue to adjust the charge. It was applied the next time I checked. The "revenue has to do that" plus the fact that the log on and off system seems different, etc., is what makes me think there's a third party involved. Or, they just suck at all things involving IT...

Yes, I was told Legend has a different, older computer system even though they have done a nice job of adding WiFi coverage. When we were on Navigator, we didn't have any trouble either. I just know I've become generally distrustful of having my coupons on the Sea Pass card!

When we sailed legend our discount/minutes were applied auto after we went on their pc the first time. We did not buy a package

That may be part of the difference. With the new WiFi packages, you don't create an account on their PCs first like you used to.

That may be part of the difference. With the new WiFi packages, you don't create an account on their PCs first like you used to.

I think you're absolutely right. We didn't have any trouble with our "Diamond" free minutes, it was only after those ran out and we bought a package.

I had a similar problem as well, not receiving my Diamond discount for the internet package. When I reported it to Guest Services (on Independence of the Seas), they took my information and said that they'd look into it and apply the credit later. The credit never showed up.

The post-cruise representative whom I called took at look at my SeaPass account from the ship, confirmed that a 20% credit was due, and credited my credit card immediately. It showed up on the credit card account a couple days later.

Yes, you do get free internet minutes. But if you want more minutes than you get free, a Diamond member can buy the internet weekly package with a discount.

We had problems with the two for one wine glass and the free specialty coffee in the Specialty restaurant venue. Guest relations couldn't seem to understand the problem, but the Concierge had it fixed in no time. If we bounce off guest relations we go to the Diamond Concierge.

Edited by knittinggirl