Caribbean Scenic Railway Tour

Niantic Beach Bum

We took it last year. They serve rum and other beverages onboard the train. They also sing nicely to you as well. The ride to the train and back was also good. Overall, the pieces making up the tour are fine. But at some point, we realized the train ride itself got a bit old. The scenary was never all that great. Overall, I would give it a B minus because of the scenary. I would not do it again and would not recommend it.

We've done it twice, we liked it so much. However, I highly suggest taking the catamaran sail on the return trip - not the bus. You see, the train only goes around about half of St. Kitts. The other half is either a coach bus tour (so-so), or a catamaran. We loved it with the catamaran.

On the train, you see a lot of the eastern coast of St. Kitts. I would do it even a third time - but probably because we did a 2 week land vacation on St. Kitts and saw the rest of the island already.

Hi.. I am looking for imput about the Caribbean Scenic Railway Tour in St Kitts. It looks like a great shore excursion but in the past we have been disappointed in many of the excursions offered by Royal . Thanks

It's ok. The problem is, the bench seats face inwards so you're constantly having to turn around to see things. I enjoyed it for the first 10-15 minutes, but it got kinda boring after that. I'm not saying don't do it, just don't expect it to be anything great.

We have taken the train twice and really enjoyed it. We enjoy sitting on the top deck in the open air. Free drinks are provided through out your ride! We also enjoyed the mini bus trip to the train as our driver gave us a great tour with historical information. We had the same gentleman both times - wish I could remember his name.

I agree with a PP about taking the Catamaran back.

We did train and catamaran sail tour.

Train was interesting narrow gauge RR? not too many around.

Must sit on upper level to have any scenery.

Ask which direction faces the water prettier view.

I did enjoy it but the catamaran sail was the highlight.

Happy planning

Kerri

Hi.. I am looking for imput about the Caribbean Scenic Railway Tour in St Kitts. It looks like a great shore excursion but in the past we have been disappointed in many of the excursions offered by Royal . Thanks

We have done it twice, On Celebrity Equinox, February 2011 and Last month on RCI Serenade of the Seas. Thoroughly enjoyed it both times. Great Excursion for those who do not like or can not walk a lot. The Drinks were plentiful, Rum Punch, Pina Colada, Banana Daiquiris, Straight Spiced Rum..

We'll be on the Celebrity Equinox in St. Kitts next January and will probably do it again...

Dennis & Sue

We've done it twice, we liked it so much. However, I highly suggest taking the catamaran sail on the return trip - not the bus. You see, the train only goes around about half of St. Kitts. The other half is either a coach bus tour (so-so), or a catamaran. We loved it with the catamaran.

On the train, you see a lot of the eastern coast of St. Kitts. I would do it even a third time - but probably because we did a 2 week land vacation on St. Kitts and saw the rest of the island already.

Looked up this excursion and it seems only be have bus back - no mention of catamaran

We also enjoyed it on JW a few weeks ago. I'm surprised that no one has mentioned how rickety and rolling back and forth the coaches were. Several guests spilled their drinks. Other than that, we had a great time.

Rick and Deirdra

We did it once for the experience and I'm glad we did but I would probably not do it again. I think it is over priced for what you get. If this is your first time to St. Kitts you will see much more of the island doing one of the driving tours. There are a couple of companies that get a lot of mention on the St. Kitts board. You will see much more of the island and it will cost you a lot less. And you will also get to see Brimstone Fortress which is one of the highlights, for me anyway, of a trip to St. Kitts.

If you have been there before and have seen most of what you want to then the train tour is a nice way of getting a bit of a different perspective on the island.

We did the rail and sail tour through Celebrity the last time we were in St Kitts. We sat up top and I believe we sat at the back of the car near the stairs so we were facing forward not to the side. The pina coladas were awesome. I think I had 3. There were lids and straws so our drinks didn't spill like someone else stated.

We've been to St Ktts on a previous cruise and took a private tour of the island. Since we're not beach people, we thought we'd take this but now I'm second guessing it. If is expensive but I do like the idea of free drinks. Thanks to everyone for your comments.

We've been to St Ktts on a previous cruise and took a private tour of the island. Since we're not beach people, we thought we'd take this but now I'm second guessing it. If is expensive but I do like the idea of free drinks. Thanks to everyone for your comments.

You can buy a lot of drinks for the price of two people on that train ride.