Water shoes for Orient Beach

RW20

Thanks for the tip on the Cheerios. I may have to grab a box at breakfast to bring with me.

I think we will be staying away from the club orient area. We are going on a family excursion boogie boarding.

But it would be really funny to see someone only wearing water shoes! But then some sights can never be unseen.

No shoes needed. Smooth sandy bottom. I would recommend bringing some cherrios to feed the fish. You will be amazed how they swarm to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No shoes needed. Smooth sandy bottom. I would recommend bringing some cherrios to feed the fish. You will be amazed how they swarm to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The best beach accessory recommendation ever!! :D

I am going to have to have room service breakfast that morning,and maybe every beach day morning just so I can get a box of cheerios!

I think we will be staying away from the club orient area. We are going on a family excursion boogie boarding.

Just be aware that you may very likely see topless women away from the Club Orient area

And yes - its a sandy bottom!

You might also see bottomless (male and female) if you venture too close to Club Orient...or if one of their visitors ignores the signs :). DW has noted (in the past) that the folks you see are generally ones that should keep their clothes on.

As to water shoes, it is true that you do not need them on the beach or in the water. But you want something easy to slip on and off to go to the rest rooms or any of the beachfront cafes/restaurants.

Hank

You might also see bottomless (male and female) if you venture too close to Club Orient...or if one of their visitors ignores the signs :). DW has noted (in the past) that the folks you see are generally ones that should keep their clothes on.

Hank

Agreed.

It is virtually axiomatic that the further one is past one's childhood years, the greater is one's need for clothing.

We are planning on going boogie boarding at Orient beach. Does anyone know if we will need water shoes?

Normally watershoes are not required at Orient. Two years ago post hurricane I would have suggested wearing them, but not now. Enjoy boogie boarding. Sounds like fun.:)

Edited by Karysa

Every time I have been to Orient Beach the water has been calm. No waves for boogie boarding.

We find the waves at Club Orient to vary from small swells to medium breakers, but up the beach away from Club O, away from the shelter of the reefs and Caye Verte, there are usually decent to large waves, especally near the Mt Vernon end.

gary