Best part of the breeze?

michelle028

Hi all,

First time on the Breeze, what is the best part of the ship/dining/activity/port? You can answer any way you choose.... I wanna know what not to miss:)

P.S its Southern Caribbean - St. Marten, Grand Turk, San Juan and St. Kitts!

Go to the French side of St. Maarten, Orient beach or somewhere else. Do NOT swim at the local beach on the Dutch side where you port...water can be very milky appearing, questionable quality. We did this, but it was after going to Loterie Farm for the kid's zip line and lunch. The water was really gross by the tenders that took you over to where the ship is docked. Maybe if you took a cab all the way around to the other side, the water would be better, but I am not sure that would be good enough for me next time. I wouldn't chance it.

Grand Turk is really a diving location. We did a nice kayak trip with our kids that was fun, but the ride to the location and some of the employees were not the best, rushing us at the end. Our kayak guide was very nice. Some cool views at the end where you get out and hike up to see the lighthouse from another vantage point.

Haven't been to San Juan in a long time, but I would probably go to the rain forest there, or the beach, or just walk around town, depending on my interests. My BIL got married there and we spent a few days seeing all the sights. Really enjoyed the rain forest.

Have fun! I'll be watching to see the Breeze recommendations.... Hope someone comments on the cloud nine spa!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hi all,

First time on the Breeze, what is the best part of the ship/dining/activity/port? You can answer any way you choose.... I wanna know what not to miss:)

Hi-- I'm doing the same itinerary on the Breeze. My info says its Eastern Carribean. :)

*Grand Turk is amazing, one of our favorite ports. It's a great beach day with beautiful water.

*Breeze has the best decor of any ship we have been on. It's very light and bright and tasteful.

*Waterworks is a BLAST!

*Blue Iguana makes some killer breakfast burritos!

In addition to all the above, I loved the Lanai......LOT of outdoor seating either in sun or shade right outside all the great locations - Ocean Plaza, Red Frog Pub, C Side BBQ. I liked the center pool - the aft pool was way overcrowded and HOT!

I really liked the thrill theater - but beware if you go just before dinner like I did, you MIGHT get sprayed in the face with water (more than once) depending on which movie is playing.

And I agree - the décor is not at all what one would think of Carnival in the past.....just absolutely beautiful.

Hi all,

I absolutely LOVED the Taste Bar, right outside the Red Frog Pub. Some ships have the Taste Bar, but this once included a "made to order" salad bar and wraps! With all that rich 24 hour food :D sometimes you just crave a salad!:o

Loved our last cruise on the Breeze so much, we are sailing her again next!

Guy's Burgers---Love the shaved onions on the toppings bar :)

Red Frog Pub---Fun friendly staff, great drinks.

The guy's slinging drinks at the Red Frog Rum Bar are the funnest around!!

Blue Iguana has great grub.

Ocean Plaza Bar had a very nice, skilled tall blond gal that was awesome too.

Love the Seaday Brunch!

The Steakhouse was our 1st bombed visit to one :(

The buffet was just okay.

We enjoyed ATV riding in Grand Turk very much, easy & a blast!

While the water activities are great, something different sometimes is in order!

Happy Sailing!

Loved the decorating the most.

OP, I know you didn't ask for a "con/negative".....but we didn't like the outside Deck 5 Promenade protruding beyond the cabins above......we missed a balcony that had more privacy and when on it, you could look down and directly see the water (not pax walking around and hot tubs)!!

Edited by buddylover

1. Guys Burgers - try the double ringer

2. Cuciana de Capitano for lunch - it's free - go early in cruise before others find out about it.

3. Ocean Plaza - great band at night - a different decade of music each night.

4. Grand Turk - take 10 minute walk left off ship to Jack's Shack. A great place to hang for the day. Also the best jerk chicken that you'll ever eat.

5. Food at Red Frog Pub. It's $3.33 per entre. Wings & conch fritters are great.

6. Be at least 30 minutes early to get seat a comedy club.

7. Did I mention Guy's ;)

Hi all,

With that itinerary you will have plenty of time to explore the ship. I love all of it. We didn't use the steak house or Italian restaurant because we were on a budget and honestly enjoyed every bite of food that was already included.

In St Martin, I LOVED Orient Beach, it was perfectly white sand & gorgeously clear water. We easily found help to get us set up with 2 chairs, an umbrella and a bucket of beers.

On our first trip Grand Turk we snorkeled with a private tour and had a great experience. Our second time we just spent the day at Margaritaville and the beach right beside the port and it was so relaxing.

That's all that I can share, I'm sure you will have a great time!

Kristine

Tandoor Palaca (Indian Cuisine). Aft, Lido

Fat Jimmy's BBQ. Deck 5, Outside Ocean Plaza

Blue Iguana Cantina

Red Frog Pub for drinks and small bites

Serenity Deck!!!!

For peace and quiet (lounge chairs/chaise chairs between Liquid Nightclub and Reb Frog Pub

Library Bar

Seaside Theater at night for movies and free popcorn