Shareholder benefit -- VERY EFFICIENT -- THANK YOU.

SULLJO

I am so impressed with the efficiency of carnival corp in posting my shareholder benefit for my Princess cruise last week. I took advantage of price drop on shares and they accommodated by submission for OBC. Hats off and thank you. Joyce

I am so impressed with the efficiency of carnival corp in posting my shareholder benefit for my Princess cruise last week. I took advantage of price drop on shares and they accommodated by submission for OBC. Hats off and thank you.

Yes, had the same experience last week .........BettyNL

I have just been learning about this. Where do you purchase it? Thanks!

You have to purchase at least 100 shares of Carnival stock. You can buy it through any stock brokerage, there are several that are online services. 100 shares would cost you around $3800, roughly, at today's prices plus any fees the stock brokerage charges you for the trade.

Once you have purchased, you need to fax a form to Princess that shows you own the stock and they will apply a credit based on the number of days your cruise will be.

I submitted two forms yesterday. One for a Carnival cruise coming up in December and the other for a Princess cruise coming up in November. I've heard back on the Carnival one already but still waiting on the verification for Princess. They're pretty quick.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good to hear, I am in the process of buying some.:D

I love this stock. When I bought it I almost immediately got a $250 OBC. Much better return than I had been getting from the bank. It pays $25 per quarter (usually) in dividends and the OBC when cruising is really great.

We've only cruised 3 times and received $400 in OBC so far from the stock. We will receive another $100 in a few weeks (I can't wait...) and have another cruise booked for late next year that will bring another $250. It's not a lot compared to some other folks who cruise regularly but it certainly has been a better use of my money than sitting in the bank. I just have to cruise more and get back the cost of the stock. :) (I really want a cruise of some sort between the two I have booked...)

I love this stock. When I bought it I almost immediately got a $250 OBC. Much better return than I had been getting from the bank. It pays $25 per quarter (usually) in dividends and the OBC when cruising is really great.

We've only cruised 3 times and received $400 in OBC so far from the stock. We will receive another $100 in a few weeks (I can't wait...) and have another cruise booked for late next year that will bring another $250. It's not a lot compared to some other folks who cruise regularly but it certainly has been a better use of my money than sitting in the bank. I just have to cruise more and get back the cost of the stock. :) (I really want a cruise of some sort between the two I have booked...)

Sounds like a solid plan for your investment. We have 4 cruises booked next year that would possibly provide us with OBC so I thought it was a good incentive to get some shares.:D

Sounds like a solid plan for your investment. We have 4 cruises booked next year that would possibly provide us with OBC so I thought it was a good incentive to get some shares.:D

This is the only stock I hold. If I was an investor for the sake of investing I likely wouldn't hold this particular stock but, for my purposes, it's great. Compared to the yield of a 0.9% saving account this does quite well. :)

This is the only stock I hold. If I was an investor for the sake of investing I likely wouldn't hold this particular stock but, for my purposes, it's great. Compared to the yield of a 0.9% saving account this does quite well. :)

I am hoping for a $600 return for those 4 cruises, so that is a 15% return prior to the dividend.

Disappointed. Sailing November 30 on the Emerald Princess I submitted my stockholder benefit request September 18 to the faxline never heard anything never saw a credit reminded my friend she should get her stockholder obc request in as well. I never saw the credit in the system so refaxed my request along with proof of stock ownership 100 shares CCL stock (also provided on Sep 18 fax) October 17 same fax number again nothing showed up on the stupid website princess.com. I called them today and I was told they never received my request. Further, they said that only one obc Per cabin. Never heard of such crap.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Disappointed. Sailing November 30 on the Emerald Princess I submitted my stockholder benefit request September 18 to the faxline never heard anything never saw a credit reminded my friend she should get her stockholder obc request in as well. I never saw the credit in the system so refaxed my request along with proof of stock ownership 100 shares CCL stock (also provided on Sep 18 fax) October 17 same fax number again nothing showed up on the stupid website princess.com. I called them today and I was told they never received my request. Further, they said that only one obc Per cabin. Never heard of such crap.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm truly sorry you seem to be so unhappy with a benefit about which most of us have positive feelings.

However, the rule that it is only one OBC per cabin is very clear and, to my certain knowledge, has not changed in over ten years.

In fact it is the very first statement in the list of restrictions on the 'Shareholder Benefit Request Form'.

They could of course propose, at the next AGM, to change the rules to allow both you and your friend to receive a shareholder's benefit but, if they did so, I suspect they would simply then halve the individual benefit thereby giving the same total.

I guess they feel the current system requires less administration and probably surmise, correctly in my view, that most of us would find a change that requires both occupants to hold shares a retrograde step.

Obviously it is very disappointing that your fax was not received, but given that others do not appear to have had a problem in getting their benefit and your application went astray on two separate occasions, it might be worth checking to make sure your fax is working correctly.

Edited by Corfe Mixture

Obviously it is very disappointing that your fax was not received, but given that others do not appear to have had a problem in getting their benefit and your application went astray on two separate occasions, it might be worth checking to make sure your fax is working correctly.

Or the right number is being used. perhaps an area code is missing.

Going back the original subject of speed of response.

I have been waiting for my latest brokers report before applying for our shareholders OBC re our forthcoming Christmas cruise. The brokers report arrived this morning around 08.30, and I immediately scanned it into the computer and then edited scanned file to redact information on other investments and my account number.

Then:

09.21 Sent my application by email to the benefits email address in the UK, including the information demanded by the 'Shareholder Benefit Request Form' in the body of the e-mail and with the brokers report as an attachment.

As today is Saturday, I was not expecting the shareholders benefit person to be working at the weekend and I didn't expect a reply until Monday at the earliest.

09.22 Received automated reply saying request had been received and would be processed within seven days.

10.49 Received an e-mail confirming OBC had been approved and added to booking and stating that I would shortly receive a new booking confirmation showing the increased OBC.

11.11 Email with new booking confirmation showing increased OBC arrived.

Less than two hours start to finish, and on a Saturday, seems pretty good to me.

Edited by Corfe Mixture

Going back the original subject of speed of response.

I have been waiting for my latest brokers report before applying for our shareholders OBC re our forthcoming Christmas cruise. The brokers report arrived this morning around 08.30, and I immediately scanned it into the computer and then edited scanned file to redact information on other investments and my account number.

Then:

09.21 Sent my application by email to the benefits email address in the UK, including the information demanded by the 'Shareholder Benefit Request Form' in the body of the e-mail and with the brokers report as an attachment.

As today is Saturday, I was not expecting the shareholders benefit person to be working at the weekend and I didn't expect a reply until Monday at the earliest.

09.22 Received automated reply saying request had been received and would be processed within seven days.

10.49 Received an e-mail confirming OBC had been approved and added to booking and stating that I would shortly receive a new booking confirmation showing the increased OBC.

11.11 Email with new booking confirmation showing increased OBC arrived.

Less than two hours start to finish, and on a Saturday, seems pretty good to me.

That is great service,:D

We sent ours in last Thursday morning. It was for 3 upcoming cruises, had a cover sheet, plus 3 request forms, and brokerage form. Total 5 pages. Had confirmation it all went through. Received a phone call from Princess, saying only the request forms came through, would I please resend the stock form. I did that and at the same time called them, they confirmed on the phone we had our on board credits had been approved for our 3 upcoming cruises.

Checked our bookings online, and sure enough stockholder credit had been applied to all three of them. We felt that was extremely good service. Calling us to let us know not all the sheets came through, and asking us to resend.

Kudos to the Shareholder benefits department.

It doesn't matter how great a benefit is, someone will always make them think twice about offering it at all.

Not that long ago it was common to need to fax it in and then phone about it so they could find it and process it. Recently the process has improved immensely but I guess that things can still fall between the cracks.

The one Shareholder benefit per cabin is as others have pointed out...the way it works. If not then I would be collecting double every time because my wife and I each own more than 100 CCL shares.

You need to arrange to split it with your room mate. I have heard others with different last names each getting the benefit if they each own shares but that isn't the rule so it is an over site by the person processing the request. It seems a bit unethical to me to submit two requests, a week or two apart to try to "help this along" though.

Everyone also needs to remember that they are "buying shares" not pre purchasing OBC. Just over a week ago CCL bottomed out at just under $34 after having been over $40 very recently. A great chance to buy in if not already an owner of CCL stock. But I am sure there were those that were "ticked" with Carnival for "taking their money"! One needs to understand how the stock market works and not be the type who cant sleep at night over it!

No emailing it in. Fax or regular mail only at this time.

Terry

Edited by AE_Collector

No emailing it in. Fax or regular mail only at this time.

Terry

I am sure you are correct for US/Canadian clients who deal with the US office, but, for the avoidance of confusion can I say that for clients booking through the UK office, it can be done by email.

For the information of UK clients only the email address is

benefits@princesscruises.co.uk

Used it today.

Oh that's good, thanks for clarifying. For awhile in NA they allowed email but then stopped again. Seems like it should be only a matter of time here, so much easier for them to deal with as emails I would think.

Terry

Emailing would be much easier. How do they response? By fax or regular mail also or do you just see the OBC in your documents?