Shareholder benefit -- VERY EFFICIENT -- THANK YOU.

SULLJO

There are several sites that you can send a fax from your computer for free. Just do a search. Most just put an ad at the bottom of the cover page. You can build the fax on the site or make an attachment. I have used these services several times as an easy way to fax someone.

Emailing would be much easier. How do they response? By fax or regular mail also or do you just see the OBC in your documents?

Emailing would be much easier. How do they response? By fax or regular mail also or do you just see the OBC in your documents?

Ours just showed up in our personalizer, under payments and credits tab. We find fax is easier than when we used to use email.

Easier for you, for sure.

Easier for ne'er-do-well hacker type mischief creators as well.

Email attachments can have, all too often, instantly executable files that can play havoc with servers and other network devices.

Carnival/Princess seems to have opted to avoid this issue as much as possible.

Easier for you, for sure.

Easier for ne'er-do-well hacker type mischief creators as well.

Email attachments can have, all too often, instantly executable files that can play havoc with servers and other network devices.

Carnival/Princess seems to have opted to avoid this issue as much as possible.

Interesting observation given the Princess send out Boarding passes and luggage tags as attachments.

I sent my brokers statement in as a .jpg photo file and receive my boarding passes and luggage tags as .pdf document files, which are safe provided you scan to make sure that the title is not fake and what looks like a .pdf file is actually hiding a .exe file.

Interestingly, when I am sailing in France and need to print out airline boarding passes and ferry booking confirmations (normally a .pdf file) etc., all the marinas and and my home port tourist office will not print them from a USB memory stick, but instead they ask for the .pdf file to be emailed to them with a request to print it out for collection. This is because they are quite rightly concerned about instantly (auto) executable files on USB memory sticks.

Edited by Corfe Mixture

Have just bit the bullet and bought some shares, it took a while to set up a global share trading account though. They started rising since last week and went up a few dollars from $36 - $39 but we have them now. We can now also claim the OBC for our future cruises.:D

Have just bit the bullet and bought some shares, it took a while to set up a global share trading account though. They started rising since last week and went up a few dollars from $36 - $39 but we have them now. We can now also claim the OBC for our future cruises.:D

It is always great to look at the cruise personalizer and see the Shareholder OBC there

I want to give a quick report of my experience, as of today, being a shareholder of CCL.

We decided at the last moment (today) to book a sailing that is leaving San Pedro next Monday on the Grand Princess. When I booked this today, I asked if they would accept my shareholder benefit, since today being Thursday, and the sailing is Monday. We last sailed with Princess just over a month ago, and they had our shareholder benefit listed, and so they honored the OBC, based on the benefit sent in just 45 days ago.

Princess knows that we have more cruises coming up, starting in January of next year, and mentioned that they would want a new statement from my brokerage for that cruise, but honored our upcoming cruise from past history.

I cannot imagine a better image of professionalism than what was given to me today. I hold Princess and Carnival Corporation is very high esteem.

I feel bad for the one poster that had problems, but with everything else being said by others......all positive, I wonder what might have happened. Follow up is so important, and if they are dealing with an agent, I know that the agent would have helped in any way that they can.

I also must say that Royal Caribbean blew off their stockholder program some while back, and their penny pinching is really starting to show up.

Bravo for CCL and their OBC program with owning their stock.:);)

Rick

We sent ours in last Thursday morning. It was for 3 upcoming cruises, had a cover sheet, plus 3 request forms, and brokerage form. Total 5 pages. Had confirmation it all went through. Received a phone call from Princess, saying only the request forms came through, would I please resend the stock form. I did that and at the same time called them, they confirmed on the phone we had our on board credits had been approved for our 3 upcoming cruises.

Checked our bookings online, and sure enough stockholder credit had been applied to all three of them. We felt that was extremely good service. Calling us to let us know not all the sheets came through, and asking us to resend.

Kudos to the Shareholder benefits department.

Hi! We recently purchased stocks, how do you obtain request forms? Thank you for information on this process. NW Traveler

Deleted

Link was to a form on a TA website and the autocensor censored the link.

Google Princess shareholder benefits and one of the links should be to a TA which should fill in the gaps on the following link

http://www.*************.com/forms/PCLShareholderBenefit.pdf

If not, try

v***ti*ons

to

g*

Edited by Corfe Mixture

Hi! We recently purchased stocks, how do you obtain request forms? Thank you for information on this process. NW Traveler

You do not actually need a form. Just fax in, or have your stockbroker fax in, a copy of the page of your statement that shows that you own the 100 shares. You can black out other holdings. AND IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU BLACK OUT YOUR CUSTOMER NUMBER. They will not accept it if your customer number is there to be read.

Other information you should include is of course your name, plus the ship and sailing date and your booking number.

When did this start? I faxed mine in two weeks ago with nothing blacked out. No problem.

I don't remember exactly when, but this happened to us several years ago. When we had our TA check to see if we had received the credit (this was before it showed up in the personalizer), we had not. I called Princess, and was told that they had DISCARDED it because our customer number was on it. When it was redone without the customer number, everything went through with no problem.

I don't remember exactly when, but this happened to us several years ago. When we had our TA check to see if we had received the credit (this was before it showed up in the personalizer), we had not. I called Princess, and was told that they had DISCARDED it because our customer number was on it. When it was redone without the customer number, everything went through with no problem.

thanks for this info, will be sending in our application on Monday, so I will black out all the irrelevant info.:D

New cruiser and new poster here. My first cruise ever was with Princess last month. Hubby and I knew by the end of the cruise that cruising was something we both wanted to continue, so we did the future cruise deposits while still onboard and then came home booked another Princess cruise for the beginning of February. However, my OCD kicked in :D and I booked yet another cruise that is leaving Nov. 9. :D:):D

I've read a bunch about CCL stock benefits for Princess and other cruise lines, so thought we'd buy some stock. If I buy the stock tomorrow at our broker's office, is there even the slightest chance that our OBC could be deposited by Sunday when we depart? I know the form says "14 days in advance", but I'm hoping that is just to give them leeway in getting things processed.

Do any of the posters here have experience with the scenario I posted above?

Thanks so much!

Pat

New cruiser and new poster here. My first cruise ever was with Princess last month. Hubby and I knew by the end of the cruise that cruising was something we both wanted to continue, so we did the future cruise deposits while still onboard and then came home booked another Princess cruise for the beginning of February. However, my OCD kicked in :D and I booked yet another cruise that is leaving Nov. 9. :D:):D

I've read a bunch about CCL stock benefits for Princess and other cruise lines, so thought we'd buy some stock. If I buy the stock tomorrow at our broker's office, is there even the slightest chance that our OBC could be deposited by Sunday when we depart? I know the form says "14 days in advance", but I'm hoping that is just to give them leeway in getting things processed.

Do any of the posters here have experience with the scenario I posted above?

Thanks so much!

Pat

Welcome to Cruise critic, and also to the cruising addiction. Sorry I cannot help with your query, but there is only one way to find out, at the very least you will get OBC for your February cruise.:D

If I buy the stock tomorrow at our broker's office, is there even the slightest chance that our OBC could be deposited by Sunday when we depart? I know the form says "14 days in advance", but I'm hoping that is just to give them leeway in getting things processed.

I know that it has been done by others. So it cannot hurt to try.

Be sure to leave your broker with evidence (on paper) of your purchase that you can immediately fax to Princess.

Better yet, make up a form (or print and fill out the form you can find on CC) that has your name, booking number, ship and sail date. Take it along to your broker...after you buy the stock have them fax your form and stock purchase proof in to Princess for you. (Be sure to take the fax number along) :D

I keep my CCL stock with my online broker, rather than with my investment advisor. It is the work of a few minutes to log in, download two pages (the summary and the listing that includes CCL) and print, and fill out the forms. I fax them and then, having no use for the papers, just mail them in as well. I faxed one on Monday and mailed it same day, I just checked and have the credit.

The mailing, of course, is not necessary, as they seem to have gotten their act together after a period where they were slow and possibly unreliable. But I figure, for 49 cents I could save trouble on board ship, and I'd have to burn the statement copies I printed (I do not put anything financial or sensitive in the trash or recycling, my neighbor is incorrigibly nosy.)