Shareholder benefit -- VERY EFFICIENT -- THANK YOU.

SULLJO

I keep my CCL stock with my online broker, rather than with my investment advisor. It is the work of a few minutes to log in, download two pages (the summary and the listing that includes CCL) and print, and fill out the forms. I fax them and then, having no use for the papers, just mail them in as well. I faxed one on Monday and mailed it same day, I just checked and have the credit.

The mailing, of course, is not necessary, as they seem to have gotten their act together after a period where they were slow and possibly unreliable. But I figure, for 49 cents I could save trouble on board ship, and I'd have to burn the statement copies I printed (I do not put anything financial or sensitive in the trash or recycling, my neighbor is incorrigibly nosy.)

I am glad they seem to be more efficient now.:D

As I mentioned earlier, we are planning on buys our 100 shares at the brokerage office tomorrow. Please confirm that the only thing I need to do, other than buy the shares :D is to fax the completed Carnival Shareholder Benefit Form to U.S. office in Santa Clarita, CA? I thought I recalled reading somewhere where we also had to fax something to Carnival themselves or am I having yet another senior moment?? :rolleyes::D

Pat

As I mentioned earlier, we are planning on buys our 100 shares at the brokerage office tomorrow. Please confirm that the only thing I need to do, other than buy the shares :D is to fax the completed Carnival Shareholder Benefit Form to U.S. office in Santa Clarita, CA?

That's all you gotta do. :D:)

Awesome! Thanks again!!

OK, the good news is that effective today, we now own 100 shares of CCL, but the bad news is that I wasn't able to get a statement of account today. He said tomorrow I could log online and print something out that will show everything Princess needs, but I'm having serious doubts by looking at the website now.(The broker Charles Schwab in case anyone has any ideas) I see my shares, but when I print out the holding info, it only shows the last four digits of our account number and neither of our names. Nothing that Princess can use to show that WE are the owners of the stock. Anyhow, I guess a phone call is in order tomorrow. This was only a 130 mile round trip to buy these shares, and now I might be S.O.L. if I can't get a statement showing what's needed. Sometimes I can relate to how a Salmon must feel! Everything is an uphill battle sometimes. LOL Oh yeah, and BTW, remember our cruise leaves Nov. 1st! :D:D:D

OK, the good news is that effective today, we now own 100 shares of CCL, but the bad news is that I wasn't able to get a statement of account today. He said tomorrow I could log online and print something out that will show everything Princess needs, but I'm having serious doubts by looking at the website now.(The broker Charles Schwab in case anyone has any ideas) I see my shares, but when I print out the holding info, it only shows the last four digits of our account number and neither of our names. Nothing that Princess can use to show that WE are the owners of the stock. Anyhow, I guess a phone call is in order tomorrow. This was only a 130 mile round trip to buy these shares, and now I might be S.O.L. if I can't get a statement showing what's needed. Sometimes I can relate to how a Salmon must feel! Everything is an uphill battle sometimes. LOL Oh yeah, and BTW, remember our cruise leaves Nov. 1st! :D:D:D

Ask that a confirmation of the trade be sent to you by fax or email today. If they won't, find another broker.

Nov 1st????.....then you have missed the ship and your cruise already:eek: I hope you mean Dec 1st. If so, you still have time to send in the proper documents.

Great that you bought some shares but you may have missed the boat (pun intended) especially if it did in fact leave the 1st of November. :eek:

Edited by MicCanberra

Sorry guys, I had some friends drop by and never got a chance to call the Schwab office. I will first thing in the morning. Sorry about the date typo. The cruise departs Nov. 9th, not the 1st. Fat finger syndrome! I realize that there is probably a slim chance of getting my OBC credit for this cruise, but I know I'll have it for my Feb. 1st cruise. ;)

Sorry guys, I had some friends drop by and never got a chance to call the Schwab office. I will first thing in the morning. Sorry about the date typo. The cruise departs Nov. 9th, not the 1st. Fat finger syndrome! I realize that there is probably a slim chance of getting my OBC credit for this cruise, but I know I'll have it for my Feb. 1st cruise. ;)

Good luck.:D

Good morning everyone! Well, it seems that the guy at the Schwab office actually knew what he was talking about because I just logged into our account online and lo and behold, I was able to print a statement with all the required information! I'm doing the happy dance!! I will fax the form this morning. If the OBC gets done, I'll be more than impressed but given the late date, I certainly will understand if it doesn't.

Thanks to all of you who helped me with this! Now, let's get the Regal Princess ready, because I am! Yeeeeehawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! :D

Good morning everyone! Well, it seems that the guy at the Schwab office actually knew what he was talking about because I just logged into our account online and lo and behold, I was able to print a statement with all the required information! I'm doing the happy dance!! I will fax the form this morning. If the OBC gets done, I'll be more than impressed but given the late date, I certainly will understand if it doesn't.

Thanks to all of you who helped me with this! Now, let's get the Regal Princess ready, because I am! Yeeeeehawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! :D

They might do it anyway. Princess tends to be accommodating to the handful willing to spend hundreds or thousands to take inefficient ship transportation.

The "three months" is before sailing. My advice is to send it in once you have made final payment. You can also have your shares issued as a stock certificate, make copies of that, then redeposit the certificate. There is no date required on the stock certificate. But I urge you to get online access to your account and print out the relevant pages, cross out the account numbers, and then fax/mail it in. That you can do from any hotel business center and a lot of other places besides.

Edited by Wehwalt

They might do it anyway. Princess tends to be accommodating to the handful willing to spend hundreds or thousands to take inefficient ship transportation.

The "three months" is before sailing. My advice is to send it in once you have made final payment. You can also have your shares issued as a stock certificate, make copies of that, then redeposit the certificate. There is no date required on the stock certificate. But I urge you to get online access to your account and print out the relevant pages, cross out the account numbers, and then fax/mail it in. That you can do from any hotel business center and a lot of other places besides.

Oh, you betcha! I'll be faxing it in this morning!! I already have online access to our trading account, which is how I got the account statement I needed with the shares information I needed to fax. ;) Thanks again!

Oh, you betcha! I'll be faxing it in this morning!! I already have online access to our trading account, which is how I got the account statement I needed with the shares information I needed to fax. ;) Thanks again!

WOW!!! I faxed the form at 9 this morning, went running errands and just checked and the $100 is already showing in my cruise personalizer!! VERY impressive service by Princess!! Thanks for all your help everybody!

WOW!!! I faxed the form at 9 this morning, went running errands and just checked and the $100 is already showing in my cruise personalizer!! VERY impressive service by Princess!! Thanks for all your help everybody!

Great work, I am also grateful for all the information that was shared here. Cheers all and happy cruising.:D

The mailman picked up my shareholder request letter from my outgoing mail on Monday afternoon and took it back to the post office to send to Princess. Today is only Wednesday, but I just looked at my Cruise Personalizer sailing and it's already been applied. This is, indeed, impressive.