Navigator or Constellation

Topo Gigio

Navigator is 8 nights visiting Labadee, St.Maarten, St.Kitts & San Juan. Have been to all these islands several time.

Constellation is 9 nights visiting St.Barths (new), St.Maarten, St.Croix(new), San Juan & Labadee.

Price is more or less the same right now. I love the Voyager Class & Freedom Class of ships. My favorites.

Didn't care for the Summit but want to give it a shot again. Like the MDR better on Celebrity.

Constellation and Summit are sister ships so doubt you will much difference in the ships themselves. without knowing what you didn't care for on your Sumitt cruise it's hard to give you an opinion.

We have sailed the Navigator both pre and post dry dock-very nice ship but we find we prefer Celebrity over Royal, although for the right itinerary we would sail Royal.

Edited by jelayne

Have sailed on all 3. My answer is partially the same - What did you not like on Summit? The feeling is a bit different. No belly flop contests on X. More sedate but lots of activities to do or not as you choose.

That said - If you are Elite or Diamond then no contest go on the Navigator and Elites have a private 24 hour lounge and a better happy hour program.

If not Elite Celebrity hands down as the buffet offers many more stations with many things cooked to order. The buffet on RCL is more like Golden Corral. MRD food slightly better on Celebrity too.

Have sailed on all 3. My answer is partially the same - What did you not like on Summit? The feeling is a bit different. No belly flop contests on X. More sedate but lots of activities to do or not as you choose.

That said - If you are Elite or Diamond then no contest go on the Navigator and Elites have a private 24 hour lounge and a better happy hour program.

If not Elite Celebrity hands down as the buffet offers many more stations with many things cooked to order. The buffet on RCL is more like Golden Corral. MRD food slightly better on Celebrity too.

Diamond Plus. I think not liking the Summit that much had to do with a couple of months before I was on the Solstice and everything was much better, especially the food.

I have been departing that question as well for ou Novemver cruise. Do I go with Navigator or Constellation ?

Here I my points as of now.

I have done Navigator twice already loved it but want to explore something else.

Have only done one cruise with Celebrity (Mercury) long time ago but everything was so perfect.

Itineraries are both very appealing although the one with Celebrity haven't done two of the ports.

I am just wondering now about the crowd with longer itinerary will we have more fun with Rccl or X ?

Can't wait to here more from people might help us as well :-)

Sea ya

Eric

I have been departing that question as well for ou Novemver cruise. Do I go with Navigator or Constellation ?

Here I my points as of now.

I have done Navigator twice already loved it but want to explore something else.

Have only done one cruise with Celebrity (Mercury) long time ago but everything was so perfect.

Itineraries are both very appealing although the one with Celebrity haven't done two of the ports.

I am just wondering now about the crowd with longer itinerary will we have more fun with Rccl or X ?

Can't wait to here more from people might help us as well :-)

Sea ya

Eric

Guess we are looking at the same cruise on Nov 28.

My Wife and I loved our Cruise on the Constellation and also Adventure of the Seas. If it was my decision, I would go for whichever itinerary I preferred as I think both ships will give you a great holiday.

We are about to take our second and third cruises on Constellation this year, because we like that class of ship. However, I would make one comment on the itinerary, which is very similar to the one we took in January.

Tendering in St. Barts was dreadful. The island puts severe restrictions on the number of tenders that can be used and the speed at which they can travel. This meant that some people did not get off the ship until mid afternoon. We had priority tendering and we still waited for over an hour. We walked around on the island and spent some time on the beach, and when we were returning to the ship people were still coming ashore. There were lots of complaints about the procedure. It was a new port for us, and we did enjoy looking at the huge yachts and high end shops - not a Diamonds International in sight.

We are about to take our second and third cruises on Constellation this year, because we like that class of ship. However, I would make one comment on the itinerary, which is very similar to the one we took in January.

Tendering in St. Barts was dreadful. The island puts severe restrictions on the number of tenders that can be used and the speed at which they can travel. This meant that some people did not get off the ship until mid afternoon. We had priority tendering and we still waited for over an hour. We walked around on the island and spent some time on the beach, and when we were returning to the ship people were still coming ashore. There were lots of complaints about the procedure. It was a new port for us, and we did enjoy looking at the huge yachts and high end shops - not a Diamonds International in sight.

Is there anything in particular to do in St.Barths? since I live most of the time in the Caribbean, sea doesn't do it for me.

I've been on Constellation and Explorer (Navigator's sister ship) and between the ship and new ports on the itinerary I'd go with Connie. I really like the food much better on X and that is another driving factor. Good luck deciding!

Edited by notsomadhatter

I've been on Constellation and Explorer (Navigator's sister ship) and between the ship and new ports on the itinerary I'd go with Connie. I really like the food much better on X and that is another driving factor. Good luck deciding!

I also think the food is better on C!

RCCL will probably have a bit more diverse crowd, as in youthful demographics, simply due to the on-board offerings that appeal more to families. Celebrity is a bit more laid back than RCCL and appeals to an older demographic. We think that the food and service on Celebrity are both a cut above RCCL, but RCCL is certainly acceptable. We have never had a bad experience on either line, but our general preference remains Celebrity, i.e. assuming similar itineraries and pricing we would choose Celebrity. If there is a significant price advantage or more desirable itinerary offered by RCCL then we would be satisfied to sail with them. We are presently debating between the two lines for a mid-winter get away.

Is there anything in particular to do in St.Barths? since I live most of the time in the Caribbean, sea doesn't do it for me.

We were there on Century in 2014. They closed most of the shops and all of the water in the public bathrooms was shut off while our ship was in port. We felt very welcome.:(

I would choose the Constellation over the Navigator. I took a cruise on Explorer and Constellation and hands down Constellation gets my vote. I liked the ship layout better, the food and the perks you get with booking celebrity for about the same price cannot be beat IMO.

I would take the EOS if the price was enticing and / or I could not go to the ports by cruising with Celebrity (I also did enchantment but I am not sure if that is the same class as Explorer/Navigator. That was probably my worse cruise to date)

I would choose the Constellation over the Navigator. I took a cruise on Explorer and Constellation and hands down Constellation gets my vote. I liked the ship layout better, the food and the perks you get with booking celebrity for about the same price cannot be beat IMO.

I would take the EOS if the price was enticing and / or I could not go to the ports by cruising with Celebrity (I also did enchantment but I am not sure if that is the same class as Explorer/Navigator. That was probably my worse cruise to date)

Enchantment is a totally different class of ship, nothing like Navigator ;).

are you also looking into the cruise of Nov 28th ?

Sea ya

Eric

Wish I lived in FL, what an offer that is on Connie. Tbh, if I was retired and living near one of those Florida ports, don't think I'd spend much time at home over the winter months. Unfortunately, living this side of the pond, I just look at those deals and weep :D.

Topo Gigio,

Tough choice. I'd probably go for the longer itinerary and the new port.

If you are not particularly swayed by either itinerary then my focus would be on food vs itinerary.

We are well travelled on both lines and ship classes and if entertainment was my focus I would go for Navigator and if food was my focus I would pick Constelation.

Considering the ambiance of the cruises we find Celebrity simply very relaxing and quieter than RCCL, it depends on how lively or how laid back you want your cruise....

Whichever you choose have a great vacation.

are you also looking into the cruise of Nov 28th ?

Sea ya

Eric

No we are looking for august 2016 in the Mediterranean sea :-)

Have a good cruise in November :-)

Edited by Dakkar

Topo Gigio: I just want to say that "Topo Gigio" was my grandma's favorite character. I used to love watching the show with her. I think my brother had a cake with this character in it too. It might have aired in my country in the early to mid 80's. I don't see a name like this often (or at all!)