Booking a Haven suite with a connecting non haven balcony - Breakaway

Chesneygirl

I'm not sure your older kids would enjoy the Haven. You can have non Haven guests eat with you several times during the cruise. We only eat lunch in the Haven and specialties at night. We've sailed in Breakaway 12304 which has a connecting balcony cabin. This arrangement gives you three full baths and a huge verandah. I think that would work great with the older kids.

• 10 months later...
What exactly is the point of the connecting cabin to the Haven room if the two rooms can't be together. Why in the description does it say "bring everyone along"?

The thinking is that everyone can enjoy the extra space/balcony but only those booked in the suite would have Haven access.

NCL has made several changes over the years so what has worked for some has not worked for others and vice versa.

The official word is that those booked in the connecting do not get access. If the concierge allows it, they will get access. There are more problems created by the inconsistency of the rule than are created by the rule.

Unfortunately, those who abuse a certain privilege can ruin it for others. For example, someone could book 2 in the suite and 4 in the connecting thus giving 6 people Haven access even though only 2 paid for it (higher fare, higher DSC). If every connecting stateroom is given Haven access at balcony prices, everyone would do it which would overload the Haven with more guests than intended.

• 1 month later...

I have a somewhat different question. I have a friend who has a family of 4 (2 kids ages 7,10). She does not like the layout of the two bedroom suite, so she is opting for a aft Haven suite and a connecting balcony. They would have to be booked with one adult and one child in each cabin. They only want access for the adults to dine or hang out while the kids are occupied. They don't want the whole family. Would they let the adult in the connecting cabin replace the child in the suite for Haven access? So again, not trying to double the access but switch it out once onboard. They would book the two adults in the suite if possible, but that is against the general booking rules.

I have a somewhat different question. I have a friend who has a family of 4 (2 kids ages 7,10). She does not like the layout of the two bedroom suite, so she is opting for a aft Haven suite and a connecting balcony. They would have to be booked with one adult and one child in each cabin. They only want access for the adults to dine or hang out while the kids are occupied. They don't want the whole family. Would they let the adult in the connecting cabin replace the child in the suite for Haven access? So again, not trying to double the access but switch it out once onboard. They would book the two adults in the suite if possible, but that is against the general booking rules.

Doubtful, since the other adult is booked in the non-Haven room. 4 will fit in a Haven aft (unless you’re talking about the Epic), so why not put them all in the H6?

Still not sure how we are going to handle this. The reason I hesitate on a 2 bedroom suite is because I'm a very early riser (5am) and to have my son on the pull out couch in the main living room area is not very appealing to me while I'm trying to enjoy my morning coffee. Then there's the 2nd bedroom/bathroom set up with 2 teenage girls and my 21 year old son is probably not going to be a pleasant scene when everyone is trying to get ready.

This is why the H6 aft with 2 bathrooms and a connectng balcony with another bathroom and sleeping space would of been ideal. When you pay an X amount of dollars for a Haven suite that happens to have a connecting cabin, I don't see the big deal as to why they can't extend the Haven amenities. Otherwise, whats the point in having a connecting balcony to a Haven suite??

I've considered putting my son in a solo cabin but that doesn't feel right to me. We should all be able to stay together.

I'm feeling really disappointed in NCL's unwillingness to accommodate us....so much so that I am considering cancelling the cruise and doing a 9 day on the Anthem of the Seas. Our final payment is due on March 4th, so I have another week to think about what we are going to do.

Their unwillingness to accommodate you, or unwillingness to bend their rules for you? If they do not enforce their rules with everyone, it isn't fair to everyone.

And in an H6, you will definitely have the same problem with your early rising., How will it be making coffee with 2 people trying to sleep while you make coffee right next to them? It is not a large area. Unless you are on deck 11 or 14 where your bedroom also has an exit onto the balcony, you might not have access to the balcony when people are sleeping in the living area.

Four of us are currently booked in a Haven aft suite which was all good but now my son wants to join us as well. Our suite has a connecting balcony and we are considering booking it to put all 3 kids in that cabin. As an FYI the kids are young adults two18 year olds and one 21 year old.

Has anyone recently done this type of set up?

Would they be able to take advantage of the Haven amenities such as the restaurant?

Would they be able to get a key card that allows them access to the Haven area?

Would they be able to check in with us on embarkation day?

Thanks for any input! :)

When is your cruise? We have a kind of similar situation and when I asked this type of question I was berated by many on these boards. I am pleasantly surprised at how nice the people have been in their replies. Our situation is that we booked an owner’s suite with a connecting penthouse suite, on a Jewel class ship. Only the owner’s suite has haven access. We have a friend staying solo in the connecting penthouse, and we want her to have access to the Haven with us. Everyone on here shot us down, but I plan to ask the concierge. If our cruise is before yours I will let you know how it turned out. Our cruise is next month.

Everyone on here shot us down, but I plan to ask the concierge. If our cruise is before yours I will let you know how it turned out. Our cruise is next month.

Everyone "shot you down" because everyone (including you in post #4) knows that those without Haven access are not allowed Haven access.

Yes, if the concierge allows it, the friends will get access but the official word is that they won't have access. If it works for you, it may not work for the next person. If it works for them, it may not work for you.

When is your cruise? We have a kind of similar situation and when I asked this type of question I was berated by many on these boards. I am pleasantly surprised at how nice the people have been in their replies. Our situation is that we booked an owner’s suite with a connecting penthouse suite, on a Jewel class ship. Only the owner’s suite has haven access. We have a friend staying solo in the connecting penthouse, and we want her to have access to the Haven with us. Everyone on here shot us down, but I plan to ask the concierge. If our cruise is before yours I will let you know how it turned out. Our cruise is next month.

I believe the trip they were asking about they already took. They mention aft Haven suite and if their history/future trips are accurate they are sailing on the Jade next which doesn't have an aft Haven room.

It was a long time ago the OP took the cruise! Their last respond on this thread was almost a year ago!