Diamond Plus Loss of Benefits

Knowing where people live who work for you as hired help is creepy to me.:eek:

They are called groupies. Nobody asks why the Stones have groupies... Cruise captain, are exactly the same....

Drugs sex and rock and roll... Yeah!!!!

JC

i don't understand why some mock and ridicule those expressing disappointment, or venting, that their benefits have been reduced. Obviously nothing is guaranteed forever. I think everyone understands that. But that doesn't mean people aren't allowed to voice displeasure. Last i checked no one here worked for the cruise line and everyone is, basically, on the same side of the page of wanting to maximize the value of their vacation dollars.

While i'm not super vocal about some of these changes as the impact to me is minimal at this time, i am getting nearer to d+ and don't like to see any dilution; and i certainly don't bargain myself down in the frequent c&a benefit loss threads.

To me, many of the benefits i can ascribe a dollar amount to and thus they are considered in the total value proposition of booking a cruise. So i get where people are coming from, even if a particular benefit isn't applicable or important to me. Ridiculing those concerns and complaints is kind of petty.

good for you! Couldn't have said it better myself!

i agree bekka. What's the point of the loyalty program if you don't get your perks once you reach a loyalty level? You spend all the money with a line and stay loyal to them, and then they remove the incentives once you reach the level. Not great business practice.

you are right! I couldn't agree more!

Whilst I appreciate that it's a 'first world problem', if it's advertised as a benefit it should be provided. The reason Royal has a loyalty program is to keep people rebooking with them. If they don't deliver on their end of the bargain it certainly leaves a sour taste in one's mouth, reducing the likelihood of rebooking in future.

That is so true! You have made an excellent point. I have made the same point in the past & have taken a lot of flack for it. It's very satisfying to see someone else making the same point. Congrats!

Most ship's captains don't save seats in the CL or DL or SL.....:rolleyes:

I have been seated at many Captain's dining tables, though....:p Sometimes it's your personality, rather than your suite money, that gets you there....:)(And, yes, I've travelled in insides, promenades, ocean views, junior suites, and grand suites.....over 21 years cruising, and had great cruises in all of them.) I do enjoy cruising, meeting people all over the ship, old, young, wealthy, or not, allowed access to concierge lounge or diamond lounge or first time cruisers...I'm there for having a fantastic cruise and sharing that experience with other like minded people......I have no time for complainers or braggers. Yes, I've cruised enough to have quite a few Diamond + points, and have enjoyed some of the perks associated with C&A, but I've also cruised five other cruise lines, and enjoyed them all, and met fun people on each one.

Hope you realize that many of us here on cruise critic have met on cruises(only met LaLa on cruise, but met John afterwards). We are experienced cruisers and have traveled world wide, so do have some insight and help along the way for others.

Great post. I too think many of the posts provide good info. We also cruise to enjoy. We do. I don't remember any cruise where we didn't have a wonderful time, with or without perks. If a Suite is open and the price is within our budget, we enjoy the extra space and balcony. The balcony is almost a must for personal reasons. We traveled in one OV cabin and although we had a great time, we swore that we wouldn't travel again unless we could get at least a balcony but suites are are first choice. We can use 4 ports and many ships. We book based on room, itinerary, and ship. PC is a bonus but we don't mind driving to the other 3 ports.

We take whatever cruise line that meets our needs. RCCL seems to meet it more than others. I know my lady has discussed going on a bit higher level cruise line when it meets our schedule requirements.

Great post. I too think many of the posts provide good info. We also cruise to enjoy. We do. I don't remember any cruise where we didn't have a wonderful time, with or without perks. If a Suite is open and the price is within our budget, we enjoy the extra space and balcony. The balcony is almost a must for personal reasons. We traveled in one OV cabin and although we had a great time, we swore that we wouldn't travel again unless we could get at least a balcony but suites are are first choice. We can use 4 ports and many ships. We book based on room, itinerary, and ship. PC is a bonus but we don't mind driving to the other 3 ports.

We take whatever cruise line that meets our needs. RCCL seems to meet it more than others. I know my lady has discussed going on a bit higher level cruise line when it meets our schedule requirements.

If you'll notice, I'm from the middle of the country(Tennessee), and the only close cruise port is for Mississippi River cruises.......not interested at all in those. (Growing older, but not up!) So, we drive very long distances or most often fly to cruise ports. Since flights need to be figured in, and we both enjoy cruising multiple cruises yearly, and we aren't wealthy, we still cruise some in inside cabins. Our last cruise was in a balcony and next one is in a junior suite, but I'll probably go on multiple solo cruises this fall in inside cabins. Paying 150% single supplement, along with airfare, hotels, rental cars, or taxis, and other cruise related expenses, if I want to cruise in MY budget, I cut back and stay in insides some. We have cruised in and out of over twenty ports all over the world....not limited to just the four RCI Florida ports. Of our 45 years of marriage(next Saturday...7/23/71), I only had about five years working part time and one year of full time, so thankfully, my husband and I have his income for cruise $$$, and all other expenses.;) In five short weeks, we'll be cruising on our favorite ship....Freedom of the Seas!1640 is still available if anyone wants to be Top Dog on this cruise!:p;)

To stay on topic....One perk of higher level C&A program is 150 % single supplement, and another is higher balcony/suite discounts. Hopefully, they won't remove these.

Edited by cruising grandma

Things change (our knowledge from cruising since 1964 and 176+ cruises).It depends on whose eyes you are viewing the benefits. Views can come from the company, C&A, stockholders, other individuals and you. Be thankful for what you have because there may come a time when they will not be there any more. Also it may decrease to the point that there is no value to maintain it.

Charles and Connie

If you'll notice, I'm from the middle of the country(Tennessee), and the only close cruise port is for Mississippi River cruises.......not interested at all in those. (Growing older, but not up!) So, we drive very long distances or most often fly to cruise ports. Since flights need to be figured in, and we both enjoy cruising multiple cruises yearly, and we aren't wealthy, we still cruise some in inside cabins. Our last cruise was in a balcony and next one is in a junior suite, but I'll probably go on multiple solo cruises this fall in inside cabins. Paying 150% single supplement, along with airfare, hotels, rental cars, or taxis, and other cruise related expenses, if I want to cruise in MY budget, I cut back and stay in insides some. We have cruised in and out of over twenty ports all over the world....not limited to just the four RCI Florida ports. Of our 45 years of marriage(next Saturday...7/23/71), I only had about five years working part time and one year of full time, so thankfully, my husband and I have his income for cruise $$$, and all other expenses.;) In five short weeks, we'll be cruising on our favorite ship....Freedom of the Seas!1640 is still available if anyone wants to be Top Dog on this cruise!:p;)

To stay on topic....One perk of higher level C&A program is 150 % single supplement, and another is higher balcony/suite discounts. Hopefully, they won't remove these.

Congrats on 45 years.... wonderful achievement!!!

I think, without looking FOS will still be located PC, before Oasis replacement. Never been on FOS but the lady has and enjoyed as well.

I suppose, if we were having to fly, we might need to reconsider our spending and maybe book a lesser cabin. It's nice living so close to so many ports.... I could have added Jacksonville if using another cruise line and that would give us 5.

RCCL, a few years back, would make offers to travel the weekend cruises out of PC on a Wednesday before. I saw them as low as $55, most $99-$199. Family members of mine who had some flexibility with their work schedule were on Enchantment almost every weekend... they are D+ now... they love to cruise... so do we, but we do other things too... and other cruise lines...

As D+ we enjoy our perks.....we do use the free evening drinks, use of robes, free pictures, Bogo drinks and priority lines for embarkation.

The thing that does disappointment me is often losing out on the balcony discounts even when booking sometimes 18 months in advance due to the "deals" that RCCL offers. Many times when booking we are told that it can't be combined. That means a first time cruiser gets the same discount as we do. That is a BIG OUCH. Makes us feel real special....

Over the years many things have declined on RCCL including service, perks, food etc. I think those of us who cruise a lot with RCCL have just accepted it because we still like their overall product. Right now the perks keep us coming back. That and the fact that we can drive to the port and really dislike Carnival. To have more choices we have to fly, which we do but only once a year or so. Princess and NCL have left Houston sad to say. I do hope to sail on Vision when she comes next winter. Depends on the pricing I guess.

Congrats on 45 years.... wonderful achievement!!!

I think, without looking FOS will still be located PC, before Oasis replacement. Never been on FOS but the lady has and enjoyed as well.

I suppose, if we were having to fly, we might need to reconsider our spending and maybe book a lesser cabin. It's nice living so close to so many ports.... I could have added Jacksonville if using another cruise line and that would give us 5.

RCCL, a few years back, would make offers to travel the weekend cruises out of PC on a Wednesday before. I saw them as low as $55, most $99-$199. Family members of mine who had some flexibility with their work schedule were on Enchantment almost every weekend... they are D+ now... they love to cruise... so do we, but we do other things too... and other cruise lines...

Thanks!

Yes, Freedom leaves for Ft Lauderdale and Oasis leaves for Port Canaveral on the same day. We have many friends going on the final Freedom cruise departing Port Canaveral on 10/23. I'm still debating that one.:)

We traveled all over the US and Canada by car with our children, before we began cruising. We do still enjoy other short trips to the mountains, and did a week on the west side of Florida this year, but most our travel now is cruising. If you haven't tried Celebrity, you might enjoy Aquaclass or other suite class cabins, which have their own special restaurants. Reciprocal program with Royal Caribbean.....C & A Diamond are Captain's Club Elite on Celebrity. We actually began cruising on Celebrity and were Elite before we ever cruised on Royal Caribbean. We are Elite Plus on Celebrity, now and will not ever be to their highest level of Zenith. We are Diamond Plus on RCI, and very close to Pinnacle....attainable this year, if we decide to do it. Most important is enjoying yourself and crossing off your bucket list, whatever travel you do.:D

Thanks!

Yes, Freedom leaves for Ft Lauderdale and Oasis leaves for Port Canaveral on the same day. We have many friends going on the final Freedom cruise departing Port Canaveral on 10/23. I'm still debating that one.:)

I believe the final Freedom cruise out of PC is the 5 night on 10/30

Thanks!

We traveled all over the US and Canada by car with our children, before we began cruising. We do still enjoy other short trips to the mountains, and did a week on the west side of Florida this year, but most our travel now is cruising. If you haven't tried Celebrity, you might enjoy Aquaclass or other suite class cabins, which have their own special restaurants. Reciprocal program with Royal Caribbean.....C & A Diamond are Captain's Club Elite on Celebrity. We actually began cruising on Celebrity and were Elite before we ever cruised on Royal Caribbean. We are Elite Plus on Celebrity, now and will not ever be to their highest level of Zenith. We are Diamond Plus on RCI, and very close to Pinnacle....attainable this year, if we decide to do it. Most important is enjoying yourself and crossing off your bucket list, whatever travel you do.:D

Sounds like you enjoy yourself and each other. Nice to hear. I have only cruised RCCL but my lady has cruised with Clebebrity and others... she has asked me to start looking to other upscale lines.

How you Pinnacle event comes soon. Enjoy

I believe the final Freedom cruise out of PC is the 5 night on 10/30

That is correct, I'm trying to figure out her departure terminal for when she goes empty to FLL

Edited by John&LaLa

Well, I see someone didn't find something else to do this weekend. ;)

As for the question a few pages back about who should have "priority" in the lounges? Here's my two cents:

DL - 1st come 1st served

CL - 1st come 1st served

SL - 1st come 1st served

Royal doesn't distinguish, why should we?

well, i see someone didn't find something else to do this weekend. ;)

as for the question a few pages back about who should have "priority" in the lounges? Here's my two cents:

Dl - 1st come 1st served

cl - 1st come 1st served

sl - 1st come 1st served

royal doesn't distinguish, why should we?

like !!!:):):d

Edited by cruising grandma

As for the question a few pages back about who should have "priority" in the lounges? Here's my two cents:

DL - 1st come 1st served

CL - 1st come 1st served

SL - 1st come 1st served

And I will second Kay's like!! :D

DL - 1st come 1st served

CL - 1st come 1st served

SL - 1st come 1st served

Great answer Mrs. Wolf. Look at the space that we both had on the Liberty OTS in the SL. It was never full, but as both a Pinnacle Club member and one who normally sails in full suites, but even sailing in JS's and attending any of the lounges, I believe in first come first served.

Rick

Great answer Mrs. Wolf. Look at the space that we both had on the Liberty OTS in the SL. It was never full, but as both a Pinnacle Club member and one who normally sails in full suites, but even sailing in JS's and attending any of the lounges, I believe in first come first served.

Rick

Makes sense to me! Early bird gets the first cocktail! :D

I can attest to Rick's cruising in style. He does know how to live! ;)

And Rick brings up a very good point - not EVERY sailing is crowded in the lounges. The one he mentions was never bad. I've lost count of how many we have had CL/SL/DL access - maybe around 10. I can recall only one time we couldn't find anywhere to sit.

DL - 1st come 1st served

CL - 1st come 1st served

SL - 1st come 1st served

But what if it was full and suite guests could not find a seat?

What about a roped off area for Suite guest like some lounges have for D members and above? A rope that can be moved to fit the dynamic of the lounge and seating for the suite guests?

Edited by troykahack

That's probably why they are changing access to Pinnacle and Suite only on selected ships. Makes sense to me.

I agree.... I edited my previous post and you missed a couple of my questions.

They were...

What about a roped off area for Suite guest like some lounges have for D members and above? A rope that can be moved to fit the dynamic of the lounge and seating for the suite guests?