CEO Sheehan (Good Experience)

Kamfish642

We were on a mid-February 2014 Southern Caribbean cruise on the SUN, and I felt it important to communicate to NCL what my wife and I had seen as the decreasing quality of the theater entertainment on the pre-EPIC ships -- especially the Broadway shows. On the positive side, I also wanted to complement NCL on the pleasant and engaging nature of NCL crew members, as well of our delight with the Chef's Table (with the exception that they need to alter menu more often). We also love NCL's suites, and try to book one whenever our finances allow.

I've read several reviews in the past on the lack of response in people trying to provide feedback directly to the CEO (Kevin Sheehan). Well to my surprise I emailed Mr. Sheehan at ksheehan@ncl.com and received a personal call from one of his staff who took the time to extensively review my feedback, provided me with an 800 number and her personal extension, and indicated that my comments were provided to Mr. Sheehan.

I guess that I'll wait until our next cruise to see any outcome; however, I was pleased to receive this personal response, rather than a generic email or no response at all.

While opinions vary, and I believe that all cruise lines have their issues (remembering that you get what you pay for), I'm very pleasured with the positive and friendly nature of the NCL personnel on all cruises that my wife and I have been on to date, especially the SUN.

I would disagree. I was rather strong in feedback where I though changes were needed, and there response to me clearly acknowledged theses areas for improvement. This is what impressed me, since normally you do only get feedback on positive comments.

I'm guessing from the OP's post that it's more that the OP took the time to write constructive feedback versus the normal "my cruise sucked, I want something for free or I'll never cruise NCL again" posts that you see on here or the NCL Facebook page.

What is meant by an OP post? Sorry, in the past I've monitor cruise critic site as cruise approached, but I haven't been a contributor.

Original Poster (the person who started the thread)

In this case you (Kamfish642). As auntierobin said it's whoever starts the thread.

I disagree about the call. I sent an e-mail complaining about the Pearl being chartered out for Jan/Feb 2015 as we were planning a 10 day cruise on it. I got a personal call from the executive office. I'm impressed that every e-mail is read and acted on.

I liked the entertainment on the Sun in 2011 and the Star in 2012. Maybe it's gone downhill since then but entertainment is one of those subjective area's in my opinion. Some people like what I don't and I like what they don't.

Edited by fergusonvt

Maybe they only respond to positive feedback.

I would like to think most well written and CONSTRUCTIVE negative feedback may get a response.

At the same time, if they get a thousand emails that say they food was not up to expectations, they are not going to call all of those people. Repeated comments might get some attention.

And, I am positive there are certain emails that are not worthy of a response. Some people complain about the dumbest things and have expectations above and beyond what can be dealt with.

Thanks, I now feel a little stupid not making the connection as to what "OP" was referring to.

Overall, I think that it's important to remember that cruising can be a very subjective thing, based on personal preferences and overall costs. NCL, RCCL and Carnival all have their positives and negatives based on these preferences. My wife I had an opportunity to sail an upscale cruise line (Regents Seven Seas) once and really enjoyed the experience, but the cost was definitely upper end.

We especially enjoy the "suite life" on NCL, but we have friends who equally enjoy RCCL and HAL for various reasons, and I honor their preferences. This is what an open forum, like Cruise Critic, is all about. While not necessarily agreeing, I enjoy hearing others opinions and recommendations.

I wrote to him last year about an issue I felt important enough to address. In the letter I did mention that I had also emailed Guest Services. GS contacted me with a generic response, and I never heard from anyone else at NCL. Disappointing.

Edited by mizlorinj

I'm another that emailed him directly about an alarming incident that happened on board our Epic cruise last spring. I really didn't expect any response, and I've never written to a company before, but I felt it warranted in this case.

I received a personal response from his Blackberry within an hour or two, followed shortly thereafter by a call from someone from Guest Relations, and then another call from Guest Relations after they looked into the matter, and finally a letter in the mail. I was most impressed that I was not dismissed, nor did anyone try to downplay my concern or pass blame. The end result was an incredible service experience that made quite an impression and led me to book two more NCL cruises for this year.

Maybe they only respond to positive feedback.

I have contacted KS three times. One positive two negatives. My emails were all short and matter-of-fact. I received responses with each. I was impressed. And continue to be. Rah Rah. Guilty, as charged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have had a nightmare experience for my upcoming cruise- my TA took off with my deposit. After calling NCL and e-mailing Mr.Sheehan along with some other executives, they honored the original price even though it was now priced at thousands more. I will be a forever cheerleader of NCL !

I have contacted KS three times. One positive two negatives. My emails were all short and matter-of-fact. I received responses with each. I was impressed. And continue to be. Rah Rah. Guilty, as charged.

Rah Rah Donna!!

I have had a nightmare experience for my upcoming cruise- my TA took off with my deposit. After calling NCL and e-mailing Mr.Sheehan along with some other executives, they honored the original price even though it was now priced at thousands more. I will be a forever cheerleader of NCL !

I remember that. Excellent! Was glad for you. I would get up from the couch, do a cheer and the splits, but well... Maybe I will just watch Dancing With the Stars instead as they hVe more energy than I do tonight.

I disagree about the call. I sent an e-mail complaining about the Pearl being chartered out for Jan/Feb 2015 as we were planning a 10 day cruise on it. I got a personal call from the executive office. I'm impressed that every e-mail is read and acted on.

Our 21-day cruise on the Pearl for Jan/Feb 2015 was cancelled, too, and I sent an email to Sheehan. Two different people called from the corporate office. I shared my concerns about the cancellation (without being rude) and was told my feedback would be shared.

Our 21-day cruise on the Pearl for Jan/Feb 2015 was cancelled, too, and I sent an email to Sheehan. Two different people called from the corporate office. I shared my concerns about the cancellation (without being rude) and was told my feedback would be shared.

I received a call today in response to the email I sent to Crane Gladding on the Pearl cancellations. They listened to my feedback and did seem interested in what I had to say. THey were also able to apply the cancellation OBC to another cruise in 2015 that I already had booked. :)