How do I request a table for 4?

mcatmcat

Some people have emailed the Maitre' d, but I wouldn't count on getting the special request.

When you get onboard, go to the MDR and check your table. The table # is on the S&S card. If you aren't at a table for 4, go to the Maitre' d. The time to request table changes is usually around 1:30/2:00pm on embark day. If the ship you are on has 2 dining rooms, the line for changes will be at the forward dining room.

This is a situation where anytime dining comes in handy! You can request and wait for what you desire. We always got our own table for party of four and we requested the same server for the continuity experience of knowing our server.

Hi

I'm traveling with carnival in the next month and I was wondering if there is any email address to which I could send a request to have a table of only 4 people.

Thanks!!!!

Some people have emailed the Maitre' d, but I wouldn't count on getting the special request.

True, but it costs nothing and takes just a minute or two.

OP, you can send an email to your maitre'd at:

xxmaitred@carnival.com

where xx is your ship's two-letter code (usually it's the first two letters of the ship name, with a few exceptions)

You may or may not get a response. (I didn't.)

You may or may not get your request. (I did.)

After you board you should go to the MDR as stated below...but it's easier to confirm an arrangement already made via email than it is to request it afresh.

When you get onboard, go to the MDR and check your table. The table # is on the S&S card. If you aren't at a table for 4, go to the Maitre' d. The time to request table changes is usually around 1:30/2:00pm on embark day. If the ship you are on has 2 dining rooms, the line for changes will be at the forward dining room.

We had a four staterooms with 7 guests on the Breeze last month. They were all linked / cross-referenced, but one room (disabled senior) was assigned a different dining room! Went to maitre'd at 1pm on embarkation day and he just told us to bring everyone to our table.

We arrived to find we're still at a table for 6 and they just placed and extra chair for that night. Maitre'd came by to apologize and told me I would be advised by 3pm on day two. Nothing. So we all went back to our table and they added a chair & place setting. Maitre'd stops by to apologize again and advises us that only other option is anytime dining. We like main dining, having a set table and the same servers so we declined and snuggled in for an 8-night cruise!

It wasn't horrible and we made it work. But I want to avoid that situation when we cruise the Glory next month (with 12 guests). So I used the email address provided (with "GL" at the beginning) and I'm hoping that works.

Thanks for the suggestion!

I made our booking with three cabins. There are 3couples. I paid for all the cabins on my credit card, and they show up on my cruise page on the website. We all show late dining. Are we automatically seated together at a table for 6 in the dining room, or do I need to make a request for that?

I made our booking with three cabins. There are 3couples. I paid for all the cabins on my credit card, and they show up on my cruise page on the website. We all show late dining. Are we automatically seated together at a table for 6 in the dining room, or do I need to make a request for that?

I'd make sure they are crossed referenced just to be on the safe side.

I received a response in 46 minutes! Wow!

Wow indeed! I wasn't so lucky...but it all worked out for us in the end.

sorry for hijacking the thread, but i had the same questions .. and i wonder would you extra tip the maitred for granting your special request somehow?

The maitre'd is no longer considered a routinely-tipped employee -- their salaries were bumped up to account for that -- but if he/she provides service really above and beyond, you can still tip them.

Does anyone have a listing of how the tables are numbered in the MDR? This way I could cross reference the list upon boarding and not have to worry about getting our table changed for the cruise.

We booked with SIL and it's her first cruise. I had Carnival link both our cruises together so she ends up sitting with us. (hopefully) I also emailed the maitred and have not heard back from him. How far in advance do you email the maitred for your upcoming cruise?

How far in advance do you email the maitred for your upcoming cruise?

I've heard 2-6 weeks before is best. You want to give them time to work out your request, but if you email too soon, the odds increase that the maitre'd might not be the same as on your sailing. (They'd be serving 4- or possibly 6-month contracts.)

Does anyone have a listing of how the tables are numbered in the MDR? This way I could cross reference the list upon boarding and not have to worry about getting our table changed for the cruise.

I've never seen one. We always just go to the dining room we are assigned when we get on the ship and look for our table. They have numbers sitting on the tables and booths on the first day.

Archived